Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Gregg Marshall and his Wichita State Shockers are Out

Just a matter of time before the DAWGS hire him!
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    The AD position is still wide open, and Romar would be better than Jen fucking Cohen.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I would repeatedly jizz in my sweatpants if Marshall was the UW coach
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Who would want a coach who actually makes the ncaa tourney?
  • Options

I'd take the guy from Stephen F Austin too. The dude is like 87-18 in his time there

I'm crossing my fingers that TCU hires Underwood
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

MelloDawg said:

Why would Greg Marshall want to come here? Why would we take a chance on someone when we have a proven commodity here who wins the right way? We aren't Kentucky or Duke. Do you remember Bob Bender? Didn't think so. When Romar starts winning, please stay off the bandwagon thanks.

*Pant*

You forgot "even if he did come here, he would only use UW as a stepping stone for a big program"
    A) he's not coming here, but since we can dream, Marshall would come here because his wife is from Mount Vernon I believe and wants to be closer to her family. Marshall lives by the "happy wife, happy life creed" and says okay you've moved around for me the last twenty years, not it's my turn for you.

I'm with Teq on this one. A boner sprouting spewing event for me if he would come here.
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,098
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    godawgst said:

MelloDawg said:

Why would Greg Marshall want to come here? Why would we take a chance on someone when we have a proven commodity here who wins the right way? We aren't Kentucky or Duke. Do you remember Bob Bender? Didn't think so. When Romar starts winning, please stay off the bandwagon thanks.

*Pant*

You forgot "even if he did come here, he would only use UW as a stepping stone for a big program"
    A) he's not coming here, but since we can dream, Marshall would come here because his wife is from Mount Vernon I believe and wants to be closer to her family. Marshall lives by the "happy wife, happy life creed" and says okay you've moved around for me the last twenty years, not it's my turn for you.

I'm with Teq on this one. A boner sprouting spewing event for me if he would come here.
    Fuck that. This isn't Friday Night Lights and Greg Marshall isn't Coach Eric Taylor. If his wife isn't on board for him to make 5x at UW what he makes at Witchita State, she can find some cowpoke Kansas farmer and stay there
  • Options
    Marshall makes I believe $3M+ at Wichita St ... he's likely not coming to UW unless wife wants to return home and be closer to her family that I believe has a place on Whidbey ...
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    MelloDawg said:

godawgst said:

MelloDawg said:

*Pant*

Fuck that. This isn't Friday Night Lights and Greg Marshall isn't Coach Eric Taylor. If his wife isn't on board for him to make 5x at UW what he makes at Witchita State, she can find some cowpoke Kansas farmer and stay there
    I'd be shocked if UW doubled Marhall's contract let alone quintupled (yes I just used quintupled). They wouldn't even pay coach K $15 million per year.
  • Options
    Pepsi ...

I'm a little surprised that you haven't re-bumped this thread (or comparable) to ask how TCU's downtrodden program was able to hire Jamie Dixon away from Pitt?

Must have gotten lucky with him being an alum.
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

Pepsi ...

I'm a little surprised that you haven't re-bumped this thread (or comparable) to ask how TCU's downtrodden program was able to hire Jamie Dixon away from Pitt?

But now who can Pitt get that's better???!1? Nobody's going to want to coach there. Might as well hire a lifer assistant.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,780

Tequilla said:

Pepsi ...

But now who can Pitt get that's better???!1? Nobody's going to want to coach there. Might as well hire a lifer assistant.
    Sean Miller is from Pennsylvania. And a Pitt alum.

Or send it in, Jerome!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk8EiJiWW9o
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,780
    And WTF?!? Scott Fucking Barnes?

Jesus.

“On behalf of the University of Pittsburgh, I want to thank Jamie for his tremendous service to not only Pitt basketball but our entire institution," athletics director Scott Barnes said in a statement.

• Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Tequilla said:

Pepsi ...

Or send it in, Jerome!

That could be a logical move. I haven't followed the situation but something that popped into my mind was to complete the circle of life and bring back Ben Howland. I know his last few years at ucla didn't end glowingly but even when he was winning big, he just isn't a good "fit" for LA and 5star recruits who've been coddled since they were 12 and whine when a coach actually yells at them. Which is probably why he struggled with the Tony Parkers, Josh Smiths and Shabazz Mohammeds and had his most success with guys like Darren Collison, Luc muthafuckin mbah a Moute, Alfred Aboya and Russell Westbrook complementing the more heralded recruits. There's no doubt he's a good basketball "coach" and his stint at Pitt was very successful. Plus I think he relates to the NY/NJ/PA/MD recruit much better than the CA/WA/OR/AZ recruit. Which was honestly his only major downfall, his prickly demeanor that led to a disconnect with players and a giant circus at the end of his tenure.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Tequilla said:

Pepsi ...

Or send it in, Jerome!

That could be a logical move. I haven't followed the situation but something that popped into my mind was to complete the circle of life and bring back Ben Howland. I know his last few years at ucla didn't end glowingly but even when he was winning big, he just isn't a good "fit" for LA and 5star recruits who've been coddled since they were 12 and whine when a coach actually yells at them. Which is probably why he struggled with the Tony Parkers, Josh Smiths and Shabazz Mohammeds and had his most success with guys like Darren Collison, Luc muthafuckin mbah a Moute, Alfred Aboya and Russell Westbrook complementing the more heralded recruits. There's no doubt he's a good basketball "coach" and his stint at Pitt was very successful. Plus I think he relates to the NY/NJ/PA/MD recruit much better than the CA/WA/OR/AZ recruit. Which was honestly his only major downfall, his prickly demeanor that led to a disconnect with players and a giant circus at the end of his tenure.
    Howland would make total sense for Pitt