Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

WSU sends Chase Garbers 100 letters in the mail

Comments

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

It's part of the new initiative to make sure Cuogs are semi-literate prior to college.

• Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,118
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited March 2016
    To be fair, WSU can mail letters for free since they all work for the USPS

#bagmygroceries #pickmyapples #delivermymail
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Nogaf. Now LEAVE.
  • Options
    HUSKYFANATICHUSKYFANATIC Member Posts: 1,651
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

To be fair, WSU can mail letters for free since they all work for the USPS

#bagmygroceries #pickmyapples #delivermymail

UPS hiring? My mom wants her basement back.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183

He'll commit soon. It's like I tell all my grandkids, go ahead and commit to your safety school early and reserve yourself a place, then jump to the school you really want to go to when the time is right.

Never a dry coog eye.

I "see" what you did there
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,911
    Standard Supporter
    UW just offered Garbers. I believe we have now offered every QB on the west coast.

This kid does look way better than Burmeister though
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

UW just offered Garbers. I believe we have now offered every QB on the west coast.

This kid does look way better than Burmeister though

Last year was a strong year for WRs, and we missed out on all of the big names because brett pease sucks.

This year we're apparently struggling to get a big name QB.

Remind me who coaches our QBs.
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I'd be surprised if the QB UW signs in '17, sandwiched between Browning and Sirmon, has multiple P12 offers. He'll more than likely be competing with DBG for the backup job. They need somebody, just to keep the numbers right. My guess is it will end up being some guy not currently on the radar screen, some sleeper who has a big senior year.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    TTJ said:

I'd be surprised if the QB UW signs in '17, sandwiched between Browning and Sirmon, has multiple P12 offers. He'll more than likely be competing with DBG for the backup job. They need somebody, just to keep the numbers right. My guess is it will end up being some guy not currently on the radar screen, some sleeper who has a big senior year.

Then that's a recruiting flop. Signing DBG was semi-acceptable because he was one class behind a guy who is clearly going to be our starter through 2018. However, failing to land a blue chip QB in this recruiting class will be a clear sign of just how uninspiring Smith is when he gets in front of recruits to make his pitch.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

TTJ said:

Then that's a recruiting flop. Signing DBG was semi-acceptable because he was one class behind a guy who is clearly going to be our starter through 2018. However, failing to land a blue chip QB in this recruiting class will be a clear sign of just how uninspiring Peterman is when he gets in front of recruits to make his pitch.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,712
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    TTJ said:

How can a 2017 RFr QB be sandwiched between a high school senior who hasn't signed yet and a Junior third year starter?

That is a sloppy sandwich. Elite programs take an elite QB every year. They certainly don't settle for a Plan C two years in a row.

Let's hope the Garbers rumor is true.