Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Gameday Fargo where losers go.

There are a few doogs who speculate all season long each year about which game will bring the Gameday crew to Montlake for the very first time. The money this season is on Gameday making an appearance at UW on the Saturday we play Oregon, but it seems to me that this popular ESPN warmup program is getting farther away than ever from Montlake with today's visit to Fargo where FCS Division-IA power North Dakota State is scheduled to chomp on another donut hole.

Some time back not long after it first appeared on TV, I read a comment that Gameday would never come to Montlake because there was a coogloser executive with WSU and Bill Moos connections making decisions at ABC (now ESPN). Whether true or not, we all know that a coog's hatred for UW can have no bounds...... and the Moos connection could help explain why Gameday loves Eugene while shunning Montlake.

Are we desperate for Gameday to visit Husky Stadium? They're not quite in ND State's league as FCS Division-IA programs go, but could desperation be why Idaho State is scheduled to be sacrificed today for our entertainment? Has Montlake become another venue where losers go to suck-up some fame as well as bucks?

Comments

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Game day sucks. Overrated and jumped the shark.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    That is a pathetic argument. If the husky team made a couple of rose bowls the past decade Gameday would have showed up - regardless of a superfan Coog exec. They were not and are still not relevant. Simple as that.
  • Options
    TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    MisterEm said:

That is a pathetic argument. If the husky team made a couple of rose bowls the past decade Gameday would have showed up - regardless of a superfan Coog exec. They were not and are still not relevant. Simple as that.

Whooshy-whoosh is far simpler. I must have missed North Dakota States couple of trips to the Rose Bowl.

• Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    MisterEm said:

Exactly. Hopefully we'll get there but with Sark I am not holding my breath. Gameday itself kind of blows now (3 hours? Really? Desmond Howard and that Guido?), but despite Tailgater's emo rants the show indisputably brings exposure to the program -- which in turn can only help recruiting. I'm all for it. It would be a three hour exposé of beautiful Husky Stadium. Only the most raging of nerdvirgins would be opposed to it.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Tailgater said:

There are a few doogs who speculate all season long each year about which game will bring the Gameday crew to Montlake for the very first time. The money this season is on Gameday making an appearance at UW on the Saturday we play Oregon, but it seems to me that this popular ESPN warmup program is getting farther away than ever from Montlake with today's visit to Fargo where FCS Division-IA power North Dakota State is scheduled to chomp on another donut hole.

Some time back not long after it first appeared on TV, I read a comment that Gameday would never come to Montlake because there was a coogloser executive with WSU and Bill Moos connections making decisions at ABC (now ESPN). Whether true or not, we all know that a coog's hatred for UW can have no bounds...... and the Moos connection could help explain why Gameday loves Eugene while shunning Montlake.

Are we desperate for Gameday to visit Husky Stadium? They're not quite in ND State's league as FCS Division-IA programs go, but could desperation be why Idaho State is scheduled to be sacrificed today for our entertainment? Has Montlake become another venue where losers go to suck-up some fame as well as bucks?

Yeah I was thinking that game day going to Eugene instead of here was some kind of inside job.

Man you really are tailgater.

• Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    gameday wants to come Seattle. We have to give them a reason tailhater
  • Options
    TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

gameday wants to come Seattle. We have to give them a reason tailhater

Wouldn't the potential for another (tenth straight) beat-down by the ducks be reason enough for Gameday to visit Montlake? But I wonder where would they set-up their outdoor broadcast venue? In the middle of the Sound Transit construction site? Or perhaps in the softball stadium.

• Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,397
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Why anyone gives a flying fuck about Herb Kirkstreet and Co. (see what I did there) coming to UW is a mystery ...

Win enough games and they'll be here. But again, so the fuck what?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    TheHB said:

Why anyone gives a flying fuck about Herb Kirkstreet and Co. (see what I did there) coming to UW is a mystery ...

Win enough games and they'll be here. But again, so the fuck what?

Ahem

FREE PUB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!