Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

I'm worried about Trump tomorrow

allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
I know everyone and their mother has taken turns predicting his demise but this violence at his rally's stuff is troubling. I was cool with all the other stuff. You want to dance with the KKK for a second, fine. You want to talk shit about McCains military record, alright. You want to call people names and say women are on their periods when they disagree with you, great. You want to call Mexicans rapists and build a wall, whatever. But the violence thing is actually bothering me.

I don't care who started what. I think it was Trump but I don't give a shit. I don't give a shit if it was Bernie and I wouldn't even give a shit if it was Hillary. What I give a shit about is his response and I'm starting to doubt that he can handle what he's started. I don't agree with much of what he says but I can see how it would work but he has to have control and it seems like he's losing that grip.

So my concern is that if this is bothering me perhaps it's bothering others. There is obviously a segment of the population that will just vote for him regardless but I think he needs more than them.

Comments

• PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,377
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm voting for him for the free healthcare.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    I don't know...

By putting the blame on Trump you kind of excuse the anarchist behavior of these social groups led by Soros and moveon.org. Trump has not handle them as well as he could, but you also can't excuse their actions, as they are equally as responsible.

You can blame Trump for the violent responses, but many of these responses are provoked by these militant social groups. Just like in sports, the reaction is often times more seen than the original provocation.

What they don't tell you, is that these groups want Trump's people to react in violence, and they try and do everything they can to make that happen. All for publicity and sham smearing, which is their most important weapon. These groups for years are famous for suppressing first amendment rights when the opposing speech differs from their own beliefs.

They represent the highest form of hypocrisy. By the way they objectify and label those that differ from them, they are often times more racist and show more bigotry than the groups they try and silence. These groups are extremely dangerous, because they use guilt and "fairness" as a tool to drive an underlying hatred agenda on society.

• doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Lends credence to the theory that he was originally a plant but let himself get carried away, and now can't harness the forces he's unleashed. Like rolling a boulder down a mountainside, easy to start, impossible to stop.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Trump has as much substance as a bag of potato chips and I feel like the only thing that will save us from him being president is if Sirhan Sirhan's grand kid may be tanned rested and ready.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,699
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    He could turn the protest to his advantage more than he has. I agree that I could think of a lot better ways to handle it. I don't think it hurts him though. Those are good enemies to have for his base. Cruz and Rubio trying to jump in helps him too.

He could turn the protest to his advantage more than he has. I agree that I could think of a lot better ways to handle it. I don't think it hurts him though. Those are good enemies to have for his base. Cruz and Rubio trying to jump in helps him too.

What I do like though, is Trump might be the only guy with the stones to call out these groups for what they really are. I really hope he does that.
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    These are George Soros paid Moveon.org'ers so, I guess you must really be pissed at HiLiary for these fascist tactics.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,699
    Swaye's Wigwam

These are George Soros paid Moveon.org'ers so, I guess you must really be pissed at HiLiary for these fascist tactics.

He'd be better off saying that than talking about paying the bills of the white guy who hit the black guy. That's not smart politics
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Edit to add this board's new "format" sucks balls
    When Trump says that "they" used to treat protestors more harshly, is he referring to the Birmingham PD by any chance? Or was it the Ohio National Guard? Just wanted to clear this up.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,711
    Founders Club

When Trump says that "they" used to treat protestors more harshly, is he referring to the Birmingham PD by any chance? Or was it the Ohio National Guard? Just wanted to clear this up.

#doogsinparadisestrong

Nice deflection. Why don't you answer the question.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

I don't know...

By putting the blame on Trump you kind of excuse the anarchist behavior of these social groups led by Soros and moveon.org. Trump has not handle them as well as he could, but you also can't excuse their actions, as they are equally as responsible.

You can blame Trump for the violent responses, but many of these responses are provoked by these militant social groups. Just like in sports, the reaction is often times more seen than the original provocation.

What they don't tell you, is that these groups want Trump's people to react in violence, and they try and do everything they can to make that happen. All for publicity and sham smearing, which is their most important weapon. These groups for years are famous for suppressing first amendment rights when the opposing speech differs from their own beliefs.

They represent the highest form of hypocrisy. By the way they objectify and label those that differ from them, they are often times more racist and show more bigotry than the groups they try and silence. These groups are extremely dangerous, because they use guilt and "fairness" as a tool to drive an underlying hatred agenda on society.

I'd like to believe this because I'm all for blaming everything on militant liberals, but if this were actually true somebody would have produced some videotape of all these militant provocations by now.

I think the protesters are probably less innocent than they let on, but I don't think they have to push very hard for some idiot Trump supporter to show his/her true racist colors.

It's more on Team Trump that not, IMO.
    edited March 2016

Nice deflection. Why don't you answer the question.

And I assume you support the peaceful protest in Baltimore? Thought so...
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,656
    I don't have a dog in the fight - but if you come into my house and pee on the carpet, I'll probably rub your nose in it.

WTF did these 'protestors' think would happen at a Trump rally? Christ.

• HippopeteamusHippopeteamus Member Posts: 1,946
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

I know everyone and their mother has taken turns predicting his demise but this violence at his rally's stuff is troubling. I was cool with all the other stuff. You want to dance with the KKK for a second, fine. You want to talk shit about McCains military record, alright. You want to call people names and say women are on their periods when they disagree with you, great. You want to call Mexicans rapists and build a wall, whatever. But the violence thing is actually bothering me.

I don't care who started what. I think it was Trump but I don't give a shit. I don't give a shit if it was Bernie and I wouldn't even give a shit if it was Hillary. What I give a shit about is his response and I'm starting to doubt that he can handle what he's started. I don't agree with much of what he says but I can see how it would work but he has to have control and it seems like he's losing that grip.

So my concern is that if this is bothering me perhaps it's bothering others. There is obviously a segment of the population that will just vote for him regardless but I think he needs more than them.

I am not so worried that something might happen in this election cycle, but, assuming Trump loses, how will his most ardent supporters act? Trump is speaking for a large segment of the conservative base that feels disenfranchised and believes, at least partially rightly, that their concerns are not being heard.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

I am not so worried that something might happen in this election cycle, but, assuming Trump loses, how will his most ardent supporters act? Trump is speaking for a large segment of the conservative base population that feels disenfranchised and believes, at least partially rightly, that their concerns are not being heard.
    His support is almost as strong among democrats as republicans.

Trump appeals to angry white people of both parties and no party.