Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Romar

SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Founders Club
Can we fire this motherfucker already?

Serious question...when he sucks next year because his best players declare and he is Romar, what happens then? Is there anything this guy can do to get fired?

Comments

• Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Until a real AD is in place that cares about results the excuses will continue
  • Options

I'm currently taking a shit and listening to Mitch. Here's the excuse count thus far:
    - the team is young
    - the team was better than I thought
    - the Pac 12 was too hard this year
    - the Pac 12 officials are terrible
    - I'd Murray and Chris come back no one will care that they didn't make the tournament this year
    - the team was really fun to watch

That was after about 3 minutes. Time to wipe.

I know i like winning. Fun to watch is wonderful providing it has a result that ends in winning. Going 2-10 or something isn't fun.

Losing someone as good AA was this year, along with possibility of losing the 2nd and 3rd best player anyone who thinks the future is bright next year is obviously high as fuck.

Maybe they can petition for AA to get a 6th year because college is just too hard.
  • Options
    AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,999
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HE HAS A CONTRACT!!!!
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,133

I'm currently taking a shit and listening to Mitch. Here's the excuse count thus far:
    - the team is young
    - I'd Murray and Chris come back no one will care that they didn't make the tournament this year

I imagine that was Fein. I don't mind Mitch saying that as he has no emotional investment in Washington athletics, same with Salk. Fein is a waste of space and should eat bowls of dicks for his apologetic nature.

That said, those excuses are exactly my point. Doogs say "they missed the tournament this year, but hey, look at X." They never say "they missed the tournament this year....and the last 4 years so X doesn't excuse them anymore."

The last few years Romar has sucked literally mean nothing
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye said:

Can we fire this motherfucker already?

Serious question...when he sucks next year because his best players declare and he is Romar, what happens then? Is there anything this guy can do to get fired?

You mean like the Stanford game?
  • Options
    doogvilledoogville Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,183
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2016
    Chriss is gone. The fact that doogs are holding out hope that he returns for a miraculous final four run is absurd, but expected.

Murray probably also leaves, but Chriss is the much bigger loss in terms of potential next year.

So we are looking at a scenario where UW is replacing like 70% of its scoring next year. Fultz might be good, but he's not that good.

Anyways, my guess is we sneak into the tournament next year, but are bounced in the first or second round. Romar manages to get some good 2018 recruit to commit and signs another 10-yr extension.

Followed by five more years of missing the tournament.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

doogville said:

Chriss is gone. The fact that doogs are holding out hope that he returns for a miraculous final four run is absurd, but expected.

Murray probably also leaves, but Chriss is the much bigger loss in terms of potential next year.

So we are looking at a scenario where UW is replacing like 70% of its scoring next year. Fultz might be good, but he's not that good.

Anyways, my guess is we sneak into the tournament next year, but are bounced in the first or second round. Romar manages to get some good 2018 recruit to commit and signs another 10-yr extension.

Followed by five more years of missing the tournament.

If Chriss and Murray leave, UW will be worse next year. I don't know how Romar sneaks them into the tournament. Unless you mean he sneaks them into the NIT CBI.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

This is really the perfect time to go out and grab Greg Marshall (his star players are all graduating this year) or Archie Miller. Whatever BS doog excuse about exceeding pitifully low expectations (sound familiar???) can be ignored due to Romar's long absence from the tourney.

Chances are we? lose Murray and Chriss to the draft along with AA, but return a young core that should remain intact. Maybe Fultz still comes for one year, maybe not. Either way, one year of one guy isn't gonna fucking matter.

What does matter, is that a new HC would have a talented and young team to develop, with a small chance he'd have some very talented guys to throw into the mix if any combination of Murray/Chriss/Fultz stay.

Pull the trigger, Jen Cohen (yeah right).

Or......

IT'S NOT OVER FOR BENNETT!!!!
  • Options

This is really the perfect time to go out and grab Greg Marshall (his star players are all graduating this year) or Archie Miller. Whatever BS doog excuse about exceeding pitifully low expectations (sound familiar???) can be ignored due to Romar's long absence from the tourney.

Chances are we? lose Murray and Chriss to the draft along with AA, but return a young core that should remain intact. Maybe Fultz still comes for one year, maybe not. Either way, one year of one guy isn't gonna fucking matter.

What does matter, is that a new HC would have a talented and young team to develop, with a small chance he'd have some very talented guys to throw into the mix if any combination of Murray/Chriss/Fultz stay.

I support coach Romar
  • Options
    section8section8 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,581
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If the football team lives up their potential and wins bowls people care about no one will GAF about basketball.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Your reason and logic is face-slappingly true. If only we* had had an AD that demanded excellence.
  • Options

- the team is young

You had me at taking a shit ...
  • Options
    I love when others trumpet my boy Gregg Marshall who I have been trumpeting for YEARS