Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Dead Man DI football/basketball coaches who survived?

godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
Swaye's Wigwam
Even Softy admitted that next year is do or die time for Lorenzo so that got me thinking.

Can people name other coaches/situations where a coach had to win next year of else he was gone no questions asked, proceeded to do so, then went on to have success at the school?

Off the top of my head I can't think of any, but I'm sure there are some out there.

For me, if your at this point with a coach, all your doing is kicking the can down the road (which we've done with Lorenzo for the last 2 years minimum imo.)

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Maybe Kirk Ferentz a few times ...

The Romar shit is just old and tired at this point ... just like he is.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,911
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    We're any of those coaches great men in the community and ambassadors to the game?
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,100
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Softy won't stand behind those comments next year if he really said them. I'm guessing he said something like he needs to see more next year or it will be concerning. Or he said that Lorenzo has a lot to prove next year.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

AuburnDave won't stand behind those comments next year if he really said them. I'm guessing he said something like he needs to see more next year or it will be concerning. Or he said that Lorenzo has a lot to prove next year.

• Options
    AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,999
    Swaye's Wigwam

Softy won't stand behind those comments next year if he really said them. I'm guessing he said something like he needs to see more next year or it will be concerning. Or he said that Lorenzo has a lot to prove next year.

He really did say it. (I know, fuck me for listening). I was actually surprised. When Romar loses Softy, he's lost the war.

But you are correct, very easy for him to walk back from it next year, or probably after next week when LoRo wins a thrilling NIT game against Montana State in front of 2500 rabid Dawg Pack at the rockin Alaska Air Arena. Nobody pays attention to him anyway.

Young Dawgs Raisin Hec!!IIILLL1111
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,910
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mike Leach after 2014 season and after Portland State loss 2015.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    When guys leave for the NBA, Softy will change his tune to the usual doog mantra of "you can't expect..." blah blah blah.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    An NIT birth and a good recruiting class is all Romar needs next year to survive. He might even need less than that.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,875

Mike Leach after 2014 season and after Portland State loss 2015.

Except Leach had a 5 year contract and Bull Moose can't afford the buyout running $14 million annual deficits.
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

An NIT birth and a good recruiting class is all Romar needs next year to survive. He might even need less than that.

This is skull-fuckingly accurate. If romar can't get fired after the dismal end to this season, 5 straight seasons without a birth in a 68 team tourney, multilple first round picks and yet no post season birth, NOTHING is going to get him fired outside him fucking the new AD, or being upshaws corner man.