Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I'm a pathetic loser

AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,959
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
This afternoon on my commute home, I made the mistake of listening to Dawgman Radio's Tuesday morning recruiting update. Why? Why did I do that to myself? The last 5 minutes are perhaps the worst sports radio I've ever heard. Listening to Kim drone on about:

A. "2017's class will be 15 max" - No, it will be bigger probably 17; guys get hurt, they transfer, and now they go pro early.

B. "They'll take only 2...maybe 3 OL" - fuck you they're taking 4. He goes on to say that UW is doing well for Wyatt Davis, Foster Sarrell, and Henry B. They're also doing well with the kid from Bishop O'Dowd. you win fucking Rose Bowls with classes like that...which leads to his fucking idiotic reasoning....

C. "Position group balance is key that's why they'll take 2 OL" - last I checked they took 2 OL this year. Position balance implies on average you want 3 per class. (4+2)/2=3 math. So next year they're long an extra OL or 2 if they take 4 in 17? Who gives a fuck? If they take only 2'this year, they are completely fucked in 3-4 years especially if Harris is a DDY 1.

D. "Pete doesn't run guys off" - this part confused me most and pissed me off the most. What the fuck are you implying? Sadly we've learned player development wins real championships which are different from offseason championships. Pete's developing his guys. Having smallish recruiting classes are not bad when the average stars are top 2 in the conference and the kids in the program are developing and sticking around.

I fucking hate that you have a voice in Husky Football. Better podcasts away. Fuck you. Fuck.

Comments

• Options
    section_332section_332 Member Posts: 2,403
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Tequilla said:

This is what you get for getting your TBS information from a podcast other than TSIO

He referenced it. What more do you want?
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,442
    AEB said:

This afternoon on my commute home, I made the mistake of listening to Dawgman Radio's Tuesday morning recruiting update. Why? Why did I do that to myself? The last 5 minutes are perhaps the worst sports radio I've ever heard. Listening to Kim drone on about:

A. "2017's class will be 15 max" - No, it will be bigger probably 17; guys get hurt, they transfer, and now they go pro early.

B. "They'll take only 2...maybe 3 OL" - fuck you they're taking 4. He goes on to say that UW is doing well for Wyatt Davis, Foster Sarrell, and Henry B. They're also doing well with the kid from Bishop O'Dowd. you win fucking Rose Bowls with classes like that...which leads to his fucking idiotic reasoning....

C. "Position group balance is key that's why they'll take 2 OL" - last I checked they took 2 OL this year. Position balance implies on average you want 3 per class. (4+2)/2=3 math. So next year they're long an extra OL or 2 if they take 4 in 17? Who gives a fuck? If they take only 2'this year, they are completely fucked in 3-4 years especially if Harris is a DDY 1.

D. "Pete doesn't run guys off" - this part confused me most and pissed me off the most. What the fuck are you implying? Sadly we've learned player development wins real championships which are different from offseason championships. Pete's developing his guys. Having smallish recruiting classes are not bad when the average stars are top 2 in the conference and the kids in the program are developing and sticking around.

I fucking hate that you have a voice in Husky Football. Better podcasts away. Fuck you. Fuck.

Flagged for KJR or whatever
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    AEB said:

Fact. I fucking suck.

Admitting it is half the step to being as pathetic as @Dennis_DeYoung
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,017
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    AEB said:

sounds like this guy has an agenda...
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    AEB said:

Their new thing is "like-for-like", in te r ms of a position group (4 leave, 4 come in). They say it 10 times for every position group they cover in their expert 2016 recruiting class eval. Kim overheard a coach say it and now wants to sound edumacated. Pete will take 4 olinemen, would have this year if Washington produced 1 or 2. And they will take 18 bodies minimum. Blows me away that his readers by his bullshit still. Well half of you here still buy it so maybe I put the cart ahead of the horse there.
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

AEB said:

I would normally hate on someone for listening to Doogman, but you are a football guy that needs all the Husky talk you can get. Post more here. Get this board popping with Husky talk. Despite the jokes, the real analysis is here.
    I read dawgman, refuse to listen to the podcasts, recruiting updates (cant believe some dude here did on his commute), but I read. I dont pay, havent for 4 years, but I read. If its about husky football I pay attention, have for a good part of my life. I scaled fences at husky stadium for many years to see my dawgs practice, to judge for myself instead of reading Blaine Newmans lame perspective.. I love husky football.

So for those of you, well most of you, cut the bullshit about not reading dawgman. Which lie is worse, that or the late nights of interactive 'D&D' with your cuntless friends you all try and hide. The difference is you dickless bastards still pay that sawed-off little fuckass.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,833
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    If it was on a radio station, you're forgiven. If you looked for the podcast and downloaded or it something, I have nothing to say to you!
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,481
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I've tried to listening to the dawgman guys on the way "up" to the games (hi Harv!), but I just can't. Look at it from a creative standpoint: they have no fucking material since being shut out of the program. This site gets around that issue by having posters who shit purple cum chrome and piss gold, and beat those faggots out at their own jobs.
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,959
    Founders Club
    I get that I committed a capital offense, but there's only so much KNBR and Tom Tolbert I can handle when there's no Husky football or Giants baseball. I can't handle anymore Steph Curry when I know the X Man would've murdered him.

I'm not a millennial, but it's pretty easy for a rich, white Gen X guy to stream anything over the googles and blueteeth.
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    What's funny about this...and maybe y'all do remember but last year at this time, Griswold was saying 13-14, 15 MAX. And knowing Pete we'll probably find out about a JC kid or 2 the first day of fall camp.

So not only is he being short-sighted and fucking stupid, but he did the exact same thing last year and could easily have taken a little knowledge from this year's cycle.

But as he loves to remind everyone, "We've been doing this a long time", and he's yet to learn anything about football. So why start now?