Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The Andrew Andrews crash back to earth continues

dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
At least we! won though. Not really sure how with Andrews, Thybulle and Crisp all having probably their worst games of the year. But the defense was good, the tree couldn't score and Murray had one of his games where he got into the lane at will. Needed that one.

Comments

• Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    He needs to get the fuck out. Goes his quietest when the team needs him the most. Maybe he's injured. Who cares. He is synonymous with shit basketball.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,921
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Crisp is about as useful as a poopy-flavored lollipop
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    there was a game tonight before 9pm? shit
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    I'm pretty sure that AA is on the SWED diet.
  • Options
    BayDawgBayDawg Member Posts: 1,623
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    edited February 2016
    Crisp and Green a combined 0-14. Maybe those two guys don't need to be taking a majority of our shots.

I'm hardly a Dorsey fan, but for christ sakes if they are going to sit in a zone maybe let him come in and see if he can hit some shots. Zero minutes.

Or just let Crisp and Green fire up a bunch of airballs.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Today Andrews crashed to earth. He hasn't been bad lately though. He's played like he does most the time. He shoots a low percentage, hits some threes, and lives at the line to get his 20 points.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Crisp sucks btw. I've tried to be a fan, but I can't. He's my least favorite player on the team after Dorsey. He's a smurf who plays like a moron. Dude is shooting 32%. I wish we would have gotten the kid from Peninsula along with Fultz so that Crisp would fall out of the rotation.
  • Options

Crisp sucks btw. I've tried to be a fan, but I can't. He's my least favorite player on the team after Dorsey. He's a smurf who plays like a moron. Dude is shooting 32%. I wish we would have gotten the kid from Peninsula along with Fultz so that Crisp would fall out of the rotation.

I was excited about him, but his poor shooting is killing us(?). I could live with the bad passing and mediocre at best defense if his shot was as advertised, but it's not.
  • Options
    PenacePenace Member Posts: 494
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Crisp does Suck. I knew he sucked at beach. When all you can do is shoot and you do it >30% I have news, you suck.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,576
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Two first names.
  • Options
    PurpleJ said:

Two first names.

Crisp is a first name?
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Honestly what the hell happened to David Crisp? He wasn't bad by any means, and was actually a bright spot on the team early on. He was the only one doing anything in the UCSB loss, and hit some clutch shots against Utah to send that one to overtime.

But since? He can't hit a shot to save his life. Not even just missing 3's, he's airballed layups and missed crucial dunk attempts in crunch time. It's pretty inexplicable how bad he's become. Not sure if he was overplaying his ability then, or is underplaying his ability now.

But Romar needs to keep him on the bench for the rest of this season. Every game is a must win to make the dance and we can't let him bricking us out of wins.
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    NEsnake12 said:

But since? He can't hit a shot to save his life. Not even just missing 3's, he's airballed layups and missed crucial dunk attempts in crunch time. It's pretty inexplicable how bad he's become. Not sure if he was overplaying his ability then, or is underplaying his ability now.

Combo of a few things IMO. His shot is fucking awful, especially as the season progresses and legs tire. There is a reason so few players have a jumper that springs straight backwards. It's very difficult to maintain when you're tired. He's hitting a bit of the frosh wall and needs some mechanic work on his jumper so it consistently gets to the rim.

Secondly teams have a lot more film on him now and are taking advantage of his lack of adjustment. Every frosh will have the benefit of surprise(for lack of a better term). Then as the season gets into swing the pac12 coaches start looking at film and the talent level goes up from pre-season teams. He is getting crunched out on a lot of those things.

It's a good thing we have such a solid shooting team to fix his ills.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Crisp will be fine.