Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Interesting stat on Kevin Smith

2»

Comments

• DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    edited September 2013
    We'll see if he ends up amounting to anything but I was fucking pissed last year when Sark decided to burn Brostek's redshirt. I was bitching about it on fagman and Ektard told me Sark had no choice because of depth, to which I asked who's fucking fault is that? How can one be that stupid, it's very simple logic. And especially with how fucked we will be when the "cascade front" graduates after 2014, we'll need as many bodies we can find. To which then Sark will burn another freshman's redshirt and Ektard will say "Sark didn't have a choice."
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685

We'll see if he ends up amounting to anything but I was fucking pissed last year when Sark decided to burn Brostek's redshirt. I was bitching about it on fagman and Ektard told me Sark had no choice because of depth, to which I asked who's fucking fault is that? How can one be that stupid, it's very simple logic. And especially with how fucked we will be when the "cascade front" graduates after 2014, we'll need as many bodies we can find. To which then Sark will burn another freshman's redshirt and Ektard will say "Sark didn't have a choice."

Take this to the OL recruiting bored.

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

Smith isn't the only one to waste a red shirt under Sark. His piss poor timing of playing freshmen is only passed his piss poor timing of calling for low percentage pass plays.

See Bishop Sankey returning a kick vs. Nebraska

Sankey's one after this year anyway. With the shelf life of running backs if you have a good one you have to play them right away. No issues with that redshirt being burnt. No chance Sankey would be playing for UW in 2015.

My comment on Sankey wasn't only about burning his RS but about putting a true freshman back to return a kickoff on the road against a top 25 opponent.
    "Huh?"

Sincerely, Marvin Hall*

*yeah Ravenna, it was a punt return, same principle applies

Perhaps last year couldn't be avoided (agree that was still Sark's fault). NO reason he couldn't have gotten the RS this year, though.
  • We are going to be so fucked in 2015. Every Doog I bring that up to they always go "Sark still has time to bring some OL in".

To which I always reply and they'll be too "young" according to you to even play well.

Although Sark doesn't care about 2015, he'll either have already left or been fired by then.

Guarantee the Doogs in 2015 will be bitching about how Sark fucked over new savior coach X for not recruiting OL.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited September 2013
    You know there will be other freshmen who get their redshirt burned this weekend. Sark will say some dumb shit about getting them ready. My guesses are Qualls, Farria, Coleman Shelton, and Jermaine Kelly. None of these guys will end up making a difference and at least one will be in the situation we are in with Kevin Smith, Ducre, Tokalahi (We could really fucking use him), etc four years from now.

For 1, Daniels has already make a good impact on S/T. He is always one of the first ones down the field and is definitely not afraid of contact. And I hope they actually move the kid to S.

In this offense, it is not always about the catches for the WR (see Oregon). When Mickens had his big game vs. Boise St, it was String blocking on several of those bubble screens.

I almost through my remote at my PLASMA when we had Mickens blocking for Kasen on one of those plays and it got blew up. Those plays are effective when you get your big guys blocking for the Mickens/Ross types.

I completely agree about Daniels moving to safety. Anyone who thinks you can "coach up" having stone hands is fucking stupid. I don't have a problem with Yale's film critiques, but it took one minute to see Daniels was not smooth catching the ball, and Biggins had the same report when he watched Daniels. Daniels is a great athlete and can probably make plays on some bubble screens, but he will never be a reliable downfield WR.

• bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,109
    I don't know what the fuck Sark is doing with these true freshmen out there. So far, we're using a year of eligibility for:

Van Winkle - necessary
    Stringfellow - 1 catch in 1st game, nothing in 2nd
    Daniels - Apparently playing special teams
    Ross - Actually getting some touches but looks like a freshman out there
    Walker - Don't know what the fuck he's doing, but is apparently playing
    King - Same as Walker
    Mathis - had 1 tackle against Boise, hardly played against Illinois

I don't know if there's any others but, like Roaddawg said, it wouldn't surprise me in the least to see Sark trot out Farria or one of the OLs during garbage time against ISU to give them "valuable game experience". Yeah, I'm sure Stringfellow's experience with 2 catches for 12 total yards this year will be infinitely more valuable than having him as a 5th year senior.
  • You know there will be other freshmen who get their redshirt burned this weekend. Sark will say some dumb shit about getting them ready. My guesses are Qualls, Farria, Coleman Shelton, and Jermaine Kelly. None of these guys will end up making a difference and at least one will be in the situation we are in with Kevin Smith, Ducre, Tokalahi (We could really fucking use him), etc four years from now.

I'm so glad we burned Ducre's redshirt in 2010 so he could make some bonehead plays on special teams vs BYU then never been seen again. I'm so glad we won't have him next year.

Great fucking talent "evaluation" as always there dumb fuck Sark.
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    Kevin Smith is the type of player to get us to a rose bowl. A senior whose leadership shows on 3rd and long. some of you stupid fucks don't get it. Hopefully you'll be around about as long as #8. Oh, before he got hurt he was pretty dynamic on KR. Somebody probably said that but I don't waste my time reading what u fucktardos write.

Kevin Smith is the type of player to get us to a rose bowl. A senior whose leadership shows on 3rd and long. some of you stupid fucks don't get it. Hopefully you'll be around about as long as #8. Oh, before he got hurt he was pretty dynamic on KR. Somebody probably said that but I don't waste my time reading what u fucktardos write.

You are a fucking moron. Nobody said they didn't like Smith. In fact, we are enjoying his play so much we all wish we had him next year and wish we didn't waste him in 2010 or 2012.

You are a fucking moron. Nobody said they didn't like Smith. In fact, we are enjoying his play so much we all wish we had him next year and wish we didn't waste him in 2010 or 2012.

crispenated

• Kevin Smith is the type of player to get us to a rose bowl. A senior whose leadership shows on 3rd and long. some of you stupid fucks don't get it. Hopefully you'll be around about as long as #8. Oh, before he got hurt he was pretty dynamic on KR. Somebody probably said that but I don't waste my time reading what u fucktardos write.

Greatest whoosh ever or dumbest poster ever.

No middle.