Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Watching the brief coaches' "hype" videos for each player...

I saw one specific video with Coach Kawasaki talking about being excited to have Amandre Williams, I believe. I remember thinking to myself, damn, Kawasaki sounds like he's genuinely excited and seems like a cool coach.

Then it dawned on me that there's nothing special at all about Kawasaki's language or demeanor. Though after watching most of the other coaches, it tricked me into briefly thinking Kawasaki was a very good communicator and genuinely represented the university well. And it hit me...I'm sure Kawasaki's a decent communicator, good coach, etc. But just because he's not a fucking boof who looks like he just got up from a nap or finished playing Magic cards, doesn't necessarily make him all that special. But after watching videos of Gregory, Babushka, frumpy boy Hamden and bonerpopper, him and Lake look like fucking Obubba WITH his precious teleprompter. It's embarrassing.

Unless you're sending the "Dream Team" of babushka and hamden after a guy like "chincredible" and his paps, I wouldn't mind if we just let some of these guys run the phones or something.

Comments

• Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Fuck the offseason.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,509
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I believe he is saying that most coaches are stupid

Which is something I learned here. I thought it was just UW that hired stupid coaches but no, most teams hire stupid coaches because most coaches are stupid.

Its like life, if you have a functioning brain you are ahead of 81% of the population
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,714
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited February 2016
    The new guy Malloe be the worst. He was trying so hard but could barely express his thoughts into 7th grade English.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,120
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

The new guy Malloe be the worst. He was trying so hard but could barely express his thoughts into 7th grade English.

I don't care if the only thing he can say is "pink tutu", just teach the DL to be as nasty as possible
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,066
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

I don't care if the only thing he can say is "pink tutu", just teach give the DL to be as nasty as many roids as possible
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,066
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Of course football coaches are stupid. They are walking into a tough profession with no guarantees. That's especially true if you don't have family already in the good ol boys network. You have very little control over your career as a college football coach.

There are probably 10+ kids on almost every college roster that go into coaching once their playing days are over. They start out as graduate assistants or at some small shitty college in a bum fuck town making less than 20 g's a year. Most guys flame out because let's face it, who wants to make $12,000 in a shitty town in Kansas?

Meanwhile, a frat bro after graduation gets a cubicle job at some tech company and makes $40,000. He's not in some small, shitty town either. He's in the biggest city near his hometown or whatever city he chooses. He has money for a decent apartment with a roommate or two, money to drink, a decent car, there are girls around, etc.

You have to be kind of a crazy fucker to get into coaching. Football is a game played by mostly idiots and those idiots are the ones who get into coaching.

This.