Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Wow...on paper, Coogs' class is astronomically BAD

Ma locked me in the basement last night so I broke out my nerd machine and started looking at recruiting classes. A couple of recent coog decommits to WAC schools intrigued me so I started there. I've always been more interested in who's offered a player rather than their star ranking by TBS sites. To me, that tells a lot more as to where a teen boy's at...at least as much as possible on paper. And who knows, the pirate might have just acquired the magic formula to evaluation and all 26 will end up AA's once Ivan (or whoever their S&C coach is) gets ahold of 'em.

But wazzu as of 8 hours before letters start coming in, had 26 verbals. Those 26 kids had a COMBINED 31 offers from other BCS/power5 level programs. That comes out to less than 1.19 other BCS offers per player. That is fucking terrible. Especially when you consider that 11 of the 31 offers were to 1 kid. Which means when that kid never enrolls in school, their average could be under 1. To make matters even worse, 16 of the remaining 20 combined BCS offers to kids not named Isaiah Johnson were from the beavs, kansas, utah, vandy or purdue. That means take away 1 kid from the 26 verbals and you have 25 recruits with a combined FOUR offers from power5 schools not named Oregon St, Kansas, Utah, Vandy or Purdue. That is fucking pathetic. And literally means these are kids that generally nobody wanted. Whereas UW averaged close to 6 power5 offers per commit. And granted, that's abnormally good...last year UW averaged a little over 3.5

And before you accuse me of just dooging it up, last year Wazzu averaged about 2.7 other BCS offers per player. So their team ranking will more or less be the same and Leach will try to say this is the deepest class blah blah like every coach spins it. For instance "We landed a lot of king salmon today, I'm not worried about a few of the guppies we lost out on (ahem...Eddie Vanderdoes, Myles Jack...ahem)." And granted I never expect the coogs' class to be stellar by any means, I was beyond shocked by how bad their class really is. Especially when you take into account several players decommitting to WAC schools, they didn't have 1 true Dlineman committed and aren't taking a QB because they already had 3 get poached.

Comments

• Options
    AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    It looks positively Wulffian.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,066
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Awesomed for Cuog misery.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Yeah, but they just stole a LB recruit from SJSU
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,186
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited February 2016
    This just shows the true Coug spirit! You think we are down and people count us out and we fight our way to the top! Just think what we could do if we have UW's classes.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,991
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I have been holding back for a while but now armed with this information about the shitty coog recruiting class I feel completely comfortable predicting another off season national title for my doogs!

WOOF!!111!!
  • Options

i remember not too long ago competing with air force, fresno state, and SJSU for 2* and 3* players

How did that work out, record wise?

• Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,120
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    AIRWOLF said:

i remember not too long ago competing with air force, fresno state, and SJSU for 2* and 3* players

http://bfy.tw/44XC

• Options

AIRWOLF said:

http://bfy.tw/44XC

whoosh
  • Options
    Alternate take: Pac12 teams reached out to Coug commits to make sure they had backup plans in place. When it turned out they weren't needed, they left them for WSU. Cougs sign class full of leftovers.
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,028
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

Ma locked me in the basement last night so I broke out my nerd machine and started looking at recruiting classes. A couple of recent coog decommits to WAC schools intrigued me so I started there. I've always been more interested in who's offered a player rather than their star ranking by TBS sites. To me, that tells a lot more as to where a teen boy's at...at least as much as possible on paper. And who knows, the pirate might have just acquired the magic formula to evaluation and all 26 will end up AA's once Ivan (or whoever their S&C coach is) gets ahold of 'em.

But wazzu as of 8 hours before letters start coming in, had 26 verbals. Those 26 kids had a COMBINED 31 offers from other BCS/power5 level programs. That comes out to less than 1.19 other BCS offers per player. That is fucking terrible. Especially when you consider that 11 of the 31 offers were to 1 kid. Which means when that kid never enrolls in school, their average could be under 1. To make matters even worse, 16 of the remaining 20 combined BCS offers to kids not named Isaiah Johnson were from the beavs, kansas, utah, vandy or purdue. That means take away 1 kid from the 26 verbals and you have 25 recruits with a combined FOUR offers from power5 schools not named Oregon St, Kansas, Utah, Vandy or Purdue. That is fucking pathetic. And literally means these are kids that generally nobody wanted. Whereas UW averaged close to 6 power5 offers per commit. And granted, that's abnormally good...last year UW averaged a little over 3.5

And before you accuse me of just dooging it up, last year Wazzu averaged about 2.7 other BCS offers per player. So their team ranking will more or less be the same and Leach will try to say this is the deepest class blah blah like every coach spins it. For instance "We landed a lot of king salmon today, I'm not worried about a few of the guppies we lost out on (ahem...Eddie Vanderdoes, Myles Jack...ahem)." And granted I never expect the coogs' class to be stellar by any means, I was beyond shocked by how bad their class really is. Especially when you take into account several players decommitting to WAC schools, they didn't have 1 true Dlineman committed and aren't taking a QB because they already had 3 get poached.

will derting was a two star
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,410
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

And you won them coach Ty!! Welcome back. How's "retirement". Still having to turn down multiple offers to get back into cfb every year?

• Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,410
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

That is beyond horrendous. Doesn't seem possible you could do that bad if you tried.

• Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,547
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    They've already won as many games as our class.