Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Is John Ross back to 100%?

PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
Looking for some hope that our WR corps will do anything worthwhile next year.

Comments

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,925
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    The success of Ross will depend on if Browning has developed a touch on his deep ball. Browning's deep passing game was the one area he really needs to improve on. If yes, Ross will be a weapon. He's 10 times the deep threat that Gay Don was
  • Options
    edited January 2016

The success of Ross will depend on if Browning has developed a touch on his deep ball. Browning's deep passing game was the one area he really needs to improve on. If yes, Ross will be a weapon. He's 10 times the deep threat that Gay Don was

Water is wet. Browning's deep ball sucks.

A healthy Ross will at least prevent the free safety from cheating toward the LOS...but is he healthy?
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I played hoops with Ross a few weeks ago ... he physically looked to be as quick and explosive with his jumping ability as I would have expected him to be. Talking with him he said that he was 100% and now just looking to get his legs back under him, built up, and strong.

I would be very surprised if he wasn't a full go for Spring.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

I played hoops with Ross a few weeks ago ... he physically looked to be as quick and explosive with his jumping ability as I would have expected him to be. Talking with him he said that he was 100% and now just looking to get his legs back under him, built up, and strong.

Awesome, but why the fuck is he playing basketball? That's how half of these morons get hurt in the offseason...at least when I was at UW.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Passion said:

Tequilla said:

Awesome, but why the fuck is he playing basketball? That's how half of these morons get hurt in the offseason...at least when I was at UW.
    nah he doesn't slash or anything, just gets a run in and jacks up 3s and plays lazy d.

source: played with him at ima a few weeks ago
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Passion said:

Tequilla said:

Under Neu Ty and Sark yes, under Lambright and James no
  • Options

Passion said:

Tequilla said:

Under Neu Ty and Sark yes, under Lambright and James no
    James did NOT want his players playing hoops in the offseason.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    who is middle aged
  • Options
    Gladstone said:

who is middle aged

I am ... @Gladstone is still close enough to his prime
  • Options
    Gladstone said:

Passion said:

Tequilla said:

nah he doesn't slash or anything, just gets a run in and jacks up 3s and plays lazy d.

Pretty much this ... he'll jump around a bit (which my buddy and I got on him about for being stupid in doing this and he was like nah I'm under control when I do it) and will try to play some aggressive defense if he thinks he can take the ball away ... but he shoots a ton of long jumpers (not a great shooter to begin with) and it's pretty clear that basketball isn't his day job.

That being said, he's very talkative and definitely not an idiot ... most of the guys that I've played with over the last almost 20 years at the IMA that have gotten hurt do so because they play like idiots and just run around without control. That's not Ross at all.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    edited January 2016
    He's 100%. He probably could have come back towards the end of last season.

One thing to watch for, he was 179 in 2014. He was up to 192 on the last roster. So he should have more strength and be able to break more tackles than a did early in his career.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Passion said:

Tequilla said:

Wut? Would you prefer he never did anything so he didn't get hurt?
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Gladstone said:

Passion said:

Tequilla said:

Pretty much this ... he'll jump around a bit (which my buddy and I got on him about for being stupid in doing this and he was like nah I'm under control when I do it) and will try to play some aggressive defense if he thinks he can take the ball away ... but he shoots a ton of long jumpers (not a great shooter to begin with) and it's pretty clear that basketball isn't his day job.

That being said, he's very talkative and definitely not an idiot ... most of the guys that I've played with over the last almost 20 years at the IMA that have gotten hurt do so because they play like idiots and just run around without control. That's not Ross at all.
    Do you not feel a tab bit creepy as a 30-40 something hanging out at the IMA?
    Why would I?

I enjoy playing basketball and playing at the IMA is one of the best places to play in Seattle.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Gladstone said:

Passion said:

Tequilla said:

Why would I?

I enjoy playing basketball and playing at the IMA is one of the best places to play in Seattle.
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Gladstone said:

Passion said:

Tequilla said:

Why would I?

Why do you hate Greenlake. But seriously, if you can get on base, there's some real games going on there.