Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Husky Haul: Win over Illinois Proves Washington is a really good team

Comments

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,379 Founders Club
    Guess they don't understand LIFPO.
  • PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    edited September 2013
    Ok, I give up. What is LIFPO?

About the story, I don't really understand this guy. In the final paragraph he writes: "I realize that Illinois is not that good. I wrote last week that it didn’t matter if Illinois was good or not, it was the situation that was intriguing and potentially disastrous for UW. It was the type of game that Steve Sarkisian teams tend to let slip away. This team is different. There was no way they were leaving Chicago without a win. It was obvious in their body language and in the way they attacked every play of the game, even after a bad call or bad penalty (deserved or not). They didn’t panic; they handled their business on the road and acted like they expected to win as opposed to “hoping” that they would win. That’s what good teams do.

UW is a good team – finally."

So, in other words, UW is a "good team" because they got a road win against a team that "is not that good?"
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,861 Founders Club
    Passion said:

Ok, I give up. What is LIFPO?

Let it Fucking Play Out
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    I'm hearing the biggest improvement comes between the 2nd and 3rd games. We should see that Saturday. I wouldn't be surprised to see UW score 50 points and the defense shut them out.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Last year, UW would have lost to Illinois. Despite dominating physically and statistically, UW would have found a way to lose a game they should have won.

They want Coach Sark fired more than I do.
  • AuburndawgAuburndawg Member Posts: 362
    What did this win "prove" that the road wins against Cal and Utah didn't prove?

LIFPO is right. This is the year it will play out.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

Even more, the 2010 USC win.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 105,141 Founders Club
    This is the year for the third year in row. Awfully warm for November when next year becomes the year for you Aubs.

It played out. #FireSark
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    I don't remember us blowing any game where we outgained the other team by close to 300 yards. I'm not at all surprised the game was much closer than it should have been, but I don't think anyone deserves any pats on the back for winning the game. We won because we were way more talented than Illinois. Sark did everything he could to keep it close, and we saw some of the same issues we have seen the past five years.
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    That blog is terrible.

This is the year for the third year in row. Awfully warm for November when next year becomes the year for you Aubs.

It played out. #FireSark

Amazing how similar this debate is to the Ty era. I am hoping it turns out differently this time. What I see:

2009 Improvement
    2010 Improvement
    2011 Less improvement, but we really were young
    2012 No improvement, but a ton of injuries
    2013 No excuses. We aren't young and we are deep. At least 9 wins

I turned on Ty after the 2007 Arizona game. Sometime this year I'll turn on Sark, one way or the other.

It played out. #FireSark

Amazing how similar this debate is to the Ty era. I am hoping it turns out differently this time. What I see:

2009 Improvement
    2010 Improvement
    2011 Less improvement, but we really were young
    2012 No improvement, but a ton of injuries

2013 No excuses. We aren't young and we are deep. At least 9 wins

I turned on Ty after the 2007 Arizona game. Sometime this year I'll turn on Sark, one way or the other.
    Incremental progress, bitches!

By the way, 9 wins this year just keeps Sark on pace to be Chan Gailey.

If Chan Gailey Junior is the best this program can do, it's deader than any of us feared.

It played out in 2011 and 2012.

Dumbasses just didn't notice.

9 wins with everyone other then the QB and the two safeties back next year. Would any rational person fire a coach at that point?

But LIFPO

9 wins with everyone other then the QB and the two safeties back next year. Would any rational person fire a coach at that point?

But LIFPO

No. A rational person would say "Congratulations, you get to keep your job for one more year".

No extension.

Woodward will extend Sark for 8-5 though, so we're fucked.

By the way, 9-4 isn't special. We had that discussion in great detail before you joined this bored.
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    i heard wazzu beat usc on the road... staff, true?
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419

But LIFPO

No. A rational person would say "Congratulations, you get to keep your job for one more year".

No extension.

By the way, 9-4 isn't special. We had that discussion in great detail before you joined this bored.
    You'd have to extend him either way, even if you don't want him around much longer. To not do so would be a death sentence for recruiting.
    Gladstone said:

But LIFPO

No extension.

You'd have to extend him either way, even if you don't want him around much longer. To not do so would be a death sentence for recruiting.
    Fuck recruiting. Worrying about recruiting gave us the 2008 season.
    When is his contract up?