Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

FanPodcast: Illinois Wrap-up

http://traffic.libsyn.com/huskyfanpodcast/sep17HuskyFanPodcast.mp3

New correspondent provides push from the middle & heat from the edge, New stadium in Champagne surprises, Phil Bleenor enjoys a lemon party, Jerramy ASJ Stevens is rusty and Hugh Mullens rips Cort Dennison,

1-20 Minutes: Game Review, Offense Discussion
20-32 Minutes: Correspondent segment, DL & Defense focus
33-45 Minutes: Final Comments

Comments

• I HATED playing Kevin Smith as a true freshman. There was no need to play him that year either. I don't think that point is brought up enough.
  • No offense but the Passion part kind of put me to sleep so had to fast forward it. If I really wanted hard hitting analysis that's serious I wouldn't be on this site.

I felt you had a successful formula on your podcast with Chest, Road and little Jimmy. I wouldn't mess with the formula in the future.
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,726
    Does the new segment need more time?
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

http://traffic.libsyn.com/huskyfanpodcast/sep17HuskyFanPodcast.mp3

New correspondent provides push from the middle & heat from the edge, New stadium in Champagne surprises, Phil Bleenor enjoys a lemon party, Jerramy ASJ Stevens is rusty and Hugh Mullens rips Cort Dennison,

1-20 Minutes: Game Review, Offense Discussion
    20-32 Minutes: Correspondent segment, DL & Defense focus
    33-45 Minutes: Awkward sexual tension

• IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754
    edited September 2013
    Why is the freakin' Podcast buried?? I pay top $$$$ to have the premium content at the top of the fucking page.

I actually enjoyed the new segment with Passion.

If you are going to talk about my thread regarding yardage/points, at least throw me a bone. I better contact the Vanilla lawyers.
  • jmc84jmc84 Member Posts: 499
    I thought Passion was really good, outside of the fact that I could hear the love for boy stalking in his voice.
  • jecornel said:

Not a knock on Passion but I think you three have a great rhythm with just enough serious talk and sarcastic jokes it runs smoothly. Passion segment just felt off and kind of drew the podcast out.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

jecornel said:

Not a knock on Passion but I think you three have a great rhythm with just enough serious talk and sarcastic jokes it runs smoothly. Passion segment just felt off and kind of drew the podcast out.
    I thought the Passion segment was fine, but I do agree about being crisper. 45 minutes a week is a little long. I think 30 would suffice.

• jecornel said:

I thought the Passion segment was fine, but I do agree about being crisper. 45 minutes a week is a little long. I think 30 would suffice.

If you can squeeze him in and make it 30 minutes I'd be fine with it. If you are going to drag on then you need to be like iDawg and Race where you ramble on about a whole lotta nothing.
  • PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    A few things. First, thanks to HeretoBeatmyChest for the kind invitation to chime in. A nice gesture on his part, and never once did he suggest counseling for my obsession with the defensive line.

Secondly, if there were long-winded answers it's purely my fault. Before recording he asked that my responses be crisp (60 seconds or under). So if I filibustered, it's on me.

Third, any concerns about me having a permanent role are surely unfounded. I don't think HeretoBeatmyChest thinks of me as a regular, nor do I. I'd be happy to (and would enjoy) chiming in on occasion, but I agree their current format is cool. I won't quit my day job.

My only suggestion is that an occasional "guest" from the message board might be fun, particularly if they have a funny anecdote about doogman.com. The censors over there would never give such an opportunity to their subscribers because they'd have a harder time controlling what is said, and because they're so much smarter than everyone, of course.

Peace.