Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

wilcocks to whisky

Comments

• Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

Good gig for him. Not much spread in Integer cuntry. He might be able to parlay this into one more good DC gig before the world realizes he's a fraud.

I don't know if he's a fraud.

Not a very good DC though.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    HuskyJW said:

dnc said:

Good gig for him. Not much spread in Integer cuntry. He might be able to parlay this into one more good DC gig before the world realizes he's a fraud.

Look at the list of jobs he's had. DC at Tennessee, Washington, USC and now Wisconsin. That's three programs anyone would be proud to have one their resume and one that we miss, dammit.

I don't think his performance has merited another opportunity at a program of Wisky's caliber.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Against those types of offenses he'll do OK. He'll get plungered by Meyer, of course, but everyone else he'll be alright against. Not a horrible hire.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Wisconsin now has arguably the best young coaching staff in America.

- Herbie
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,380
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Glad Bama caught them when they did
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The cursing USC press box story against furd in the P12 championship game is all you need to know.

Coaching for their jobs, they had no chance.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited January 2016
    PurpleJ said:

dnc said:

HuskyJW said:

dnc said:

Look at the list of jobs he's had. DC at Tennessee, Washington, USC and now Wisconsin. That's three programs anyone would be proud to have one their resume and one that we miss, dammit.

I don't think his performance has merited another opportunity at a program of Wisky's caliber.
    Look at the head coaches he was under at those jobs. Don't think he is quite as bad as you are making him out to be.
    At a minimum, he's a terrible judge of character/competence.
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    Typically if you've left 3 jobs in worse shape than when you took them over it leads to some sort of downgrade for a couple years to gain perspective and come back after a short timeout to coach linebackers.

I don't know what he's done in any of his jobs that should endear him to any program at this point. Maybe after a few years I could see him getting another shot but to bounce from DC to DC to DC to DC seems ridiculous. It's almost as ridiculous as hiring JSmeeth as your OC.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It just shows you how crazy college coaching is. Wilcox was fired, but upgraded his job. He gets to scheme against Big 10 teams. Not one team in the Big 10 had a great offense. Even Ohio State struggled. Wisconsin is almost one on those places that coaches itself.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,235
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

It just shows you how crazy college coaching is. Wilcox was fired, but upgraded his job. He gets to scheme against Big 10 teams. Not one team in the Big 10 had a great offense. Even Ohio State struggled. Wisconsin is almost one on those places that coaches itself.

I get what you're saying, but Wisconsin is not an upgrade from USC.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I think it is for career purposes.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,235
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

I think it is for career purposes.
    From USC Carroll moved back to head coach in the NFL, Kiffin to the NFL, Tennessee and back to USC as head coach, Sark to UW and back to USC as head coach, and Chow eventually to Hawaii as head coach. If you go back in time you'll see similar patterns with McKay and Robinson staffs. I would argue that Wisconsin does not have equal career potential to USC.

At the same time I agree that in the short run, Wilcox might more easily hide some of his warts at Wisconsin and possibly elevate his prospects from where he currently stands, but IMO that's not an upgrade, it's more taking a step back to take a step up.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

This isn't your (2) dad's USC. No program in America is more dependent on a great coach. Shitty stadium, shitty facilities, shitty hood.

Wisconsin is a player every year now for B1G honors. Been to the Rose Bowl more recently. Didn't they just beat USC in a bowl? Better league too.
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    But Kim's sources told me he was headed to Georgia. #10.95amonth
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685

But Kim's sources told me he was headed to Georgia. #10.95amonth

Kim said he knew about Wiscy last week.

Try to keep up with his schtick.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,522
    Swaye's Wigwam

This isn't your (2) dad's USC. No program in America is more dependent on a great coach. Shitty stadium, shitty facilities, shitty hood.

Wisconsin is a player every year now for B1G honors. Been to the Rose Bowl more recently. Didn't they just beat USC in a bowl? Better league too.
    No program in America?

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    PurpleJ said:

No program in America?

But great facilities. Was Rick a great coach when he won Rose Bowl and popped off?
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,522
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

No program in America?

But great facilities. Was Rick a great coach when he won Rose Bowl and popped off?
    Was Larry Smith?