Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Guess it is true:

https://www.facebook.com/Sports/videos/10153805938417457/

I'm not into social media (I cringe every time I see the Twitter updates on the big screen at Husky Stadium), so I don't understand the appeal of this feature. Guess it's another sign I'm getting old.

I'm sure the UW AD's marketing department will be all over it.
  • Options
    ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Guess it is true:

I'm not into social media (I cringe every time I see the Twitter updates on the big screen at Husky Stadium), so I don't understand the appeal of this feature. Guess it's another sign I'm getting old.

this is ostensibly social media (Hardcore husky) but in reality, as I said in my infamous OK! message, it's really more the anti-social sociopath media site.
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

this is ostensibly social media (Hardcore husky) but in reality, as I said in my infamous OK! message, it's really more the anti-social sociopath media site.

Ha. That's true. I've never thought of this as (anti) social media, but it is. I think it has something to do with the fact that internet forums existed before the term came into popular usage.

So @DerekJohnson, are you going to take part in Zuckerberg's latest venture?
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

I deactivated my Facebook account.

90% of the people on Facebook take everything way too seriously. It's like they can't fathom the idea that it's social media and that many people such as myself treat it as a platform for entertainment and use the audience as a guinea pig for creative writing.

What I've noticed is that people who were posting on internet forums before the days of Myspace, Facebook, and Twitter, do tend to understand the entertainment value of social media and have learned that it's stupid as fuck to take shit seriously and to instead just have fun with it. I'd say that describes most of us here at Hardcore Husky, the best damn website since sliced bread.

Facebook basically became the gateway for simple-minded fucks who can't detect sarcasm or satire to get online and start writing/sharing a bunch of boring ass shit for their audiences.

Like this thread.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,860
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

90% of the people on Facebook take everything way too seriously. It's like they can't fathom the idea that it's social media and that many people such as myself treat it as a platform for entertainment and use the audience as a guinea pig for creative writing.

What I've noticed is that people who were posting on internet forums before the days of Myspace, Facebook, and Twitter, do tend to understand the entertainment value of social media and have learned that it's stupid as fuck to take shit seriously and to instead just have fun with it. I'd say that describes most of us here at Hardcore Husky, the best damn website since sliced bread.

Facebook basically became the gateway for simple-minded fucks who can't detect sarcasm or satire to get online and start writing/sharing a bunch of boring ass shit for their audiences.

I still have it but the premise is right. I screw around with my updates and I used to post a lot of heavy metal/hair band Youtube videos and just do all kinds of off the wall things. Some people got it, but most didn't. One fag I went to high school with would lose it when hipsters, ultimate frisbee, or any sort of feminist notion was questioned and he eventually unfriended me. He and another guy didn't like my rant against stay at home dads. My hippy friend got mad at "sexist" memes and argued with me about it. Fagbook has way too many people who think we care about Crossfit, their kids, and their meals, or Candy Crush. It's supposed to be fun.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,527
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Guess it is true:

Anti social sociopaths don't get together a few times a year in REAL life.
  • Options
    Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,867
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    edited January 2016

I still have it but the premise is right. I screw around with my updates and I used to post a lot of heavy metal/hair band Youtube videos and just do all kinds of off the wall things. Some people got it, but most didn't. One fag I went to high school with would lose it when hipsters, ultimate frisbee, or any sort of feminist notion was questioned and he eventually unfriended me. He and another guy didn't like my rant against stay at home dads. My hippy friend got mad at "sexist" memes and argued with me about it. Fagbook has way too many people who think we care about Crossfit, their kids, and their meals, or Candy Crush. It's supposed to be fun.
    I've noticed the same thing about all the SJW faggots. If you disagree with them, you're just a troll and should be unfriended or blocked. I can't think of a better example of willful ignorance.

Speaking of hair metal bands and your avatar, I started listening to the album The Elder by Kiss a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it. I never really delved into their more obscure stuff, but I think it's easily some of their finest work.
  • Options
    ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    PurpleJ said:

Guess it is true:

Anti social sociopaths don't get together a few times a year in REAL life.

disagree.

Example: any prison