Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

JCCPCCIR

chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,615
First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Swaye's Wigwam
How can you ask us to rate such shitty players? One 4*? This survey sucks.

Need half points. Dexter Charles got a 3 because he seemed to play for a long time however mediocre and overrated he might have been. Corey Littleton got the same rating, as I couldn't justify a 4 for him. He's way better than Charles though so fuck.

Should've just given Charles 2*. My bad but I'm not editing.

Comments

• Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    I'm hearing Sark was a great recruiter, everyone says so!
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    This is two years in a row when the survey has been very depressing. Hopefully that improves over the coming seasons. We still got one more full year of likely Sark survey results to go through and then we'll start seeing Petersen results.
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    chuck said:

How can you ask us to rate such shitty players? One 4*? This survey sucks.

Need half points. Dexter Charles got a 3 because he seemed to play for a long time however mediocre and overrated he might have been. Corey Littleton got the same rating, as I couldn't justify a 4 for him. He's way better than Charles though so fuck.

Should've just given Charles 2*. My bad but I'm not editing.

I gave Cyler a 5
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited January 2016
    I might have been a bit too generous this year especially with Tupou....

Ah well.
  • Options
    SarkinghamSarkingham Member Posts: 285
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper 5 Up Votes
    This was tough. My criteria was as follows:

1 - Never contributed anything of note or flamed out before contributing
    2 - Role player, special teams contributor
    3 - Regular starter (for at least 1 season)
    4 - All conference type player
    5 - 1st team all conference and/or AA mentions

I had the hardest time with Charles (got a 3 mostly because he had to retire or may have ended at a 4), Littleton (3), Perkins (3), and Tupou (3). I had one 4 (Feeney), four 1's (Fuavai, Black Power, Jermaine Kelly, and Naijiel Hale), and four 2's (Miles, Finau, Lawyer, and Hall). Sadly, I had to give Mickens a 3.
  • Options
    AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,997
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Christ, I'm not happy with any of my grades. I am way too easy on these guys.

Fucking doog.

There should be an option where you can give a guy a 4 because he was a multiyear starter and is on some of the all time UW numbers lists, but also kick him in the nuts just because he sucks.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,708
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Alexis said:

Fucking doog.

There should be an option where you can give a guy a 4 because he was a multiyear starter and is on some of the all time UW numbers lists, but also kick him in the nuts just because he sucks.

I sure hope you're not talking about Jaydon.
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813

Alexis said:

Fucking doog.

I sure hope you're not talking about Jaydon.
    who else would be be talking about?
  • Options
    BlowItUpBlowItUp Member Posts: 877
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    that was a terribly depressing activity.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,481
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The real question is what the fuck is Cyler? He is a 2 by definition but played like a 1. We would have won more games direct-snapping to Washington on run plays and Hall on pass plays.

I had to give him a 2, and Troy Williams a 2 knowing that only a fucking retard would start Cyler over Williams.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2016
    Man, I'm fucking double-post fired up right now about this. Why did Cyler start over Williams, especially after the Oregon game? You'd have to think the main reason was potential int's from Williams, but we just got our assholes shredded by Oregon (BONEM, TSIO), so why is the potential to throw more picks out-weighing the opposing defense knowing your qb can't throw it 10+ yards and loading up the box on your ass 100% of the snaps?
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,708
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    haie said:

Man, I'm fucking double-post fired up right now about this. Why did Cyler start over Williams, especially after the Oregon game? You'd have to think the main reason was potential int's from Williams, but we just got our assholes shredded by Oregon (BONEM, TSIO), so why is the potential to throw more picks out-weighing the opposing defense knowing your qb can't throw it 10+ yards and loading up the box on your ass 100% of the snaps?

Jesus, this again? Who says Troy can throw it more than 10 yards? He didn't against Oregon even though they weren't even trying.

If anyone gives Troy a 2 or Jaydon a 4 they should have their voting privileges revoked.

We aren't handing out participation trophies here. Make them earn it.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

Jesus, this again? Who says Troy can throw it more than 10 yards? He didn't against Oregon even though they weren't even trying.

If anyone gives Troy a 2 or Jaydon a 4 they should have their voting privileges revoked.

I didn't know the parents of Cyler were still reading these boreds.

Troy's a 2, and he threw it more than 10 yards in his only start. Doog.
  • Options
    HippopeteamusHippopeteamus Member Posts: 1,946
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    edited January 2016
    haie said:

haie said:

Aren't these ratings based on what players did, not on whether the coaches are idiots and the player might have been good if he had actually played?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

haie said:

Aren't these ratings based on what players did, not on whether the coaches are idiots and the player might have been good if he had actually played?
    I'll take Troy's time against Oregon and start against ASU over Cyler's career (except the Oregon State Game of course :wink: )

HTH
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,328
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Black Power forever
  • Options
    HippopeteamusHippopeteamus Member Posts: 1,946
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    edited January 2016
    haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

I'll take Troy's time against Oregon and start against ASU over Cyler's career (except the Oregon State Game of course :wink: )

HTH
    That made him a role player? I think special teams only players contributed more to the team than Troy. Again, this is not saying he isn't better than Cyler, so don't twist, I'm just not sure how you could rate his career at UW as being anything other than a 1.
    P.S. Of course, I didn't fill out this survey, so, who am I to say who is worth what.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2016

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

HTH
    That made him a role player? I think special teams only players contributed more to the team than Troy. Again, this is not saying he isn't better than Cyler, so don't twist, I'm just not sure how you could rate his career at UW as being anything other than a 1.
    He was a role player in that his role was showing us how fucktarded it was to start Cyler every fucking game. It was a pretty pivotal role, imo.
  • Options
    AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,997
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

The shitty part about Jaydon, Timu, Ossai, Nigel Burton, etc, is that they were multi year starters. Sure they sucked,and we're easily replaced, but for their time, they were the best at their position. Shitty as it is, you have to say Jaydon was the best receiver numbers wise the last few years (caught more than he dropped).

You know he sucked, I know he sucked, but shit, the guy was a recruit that gave you multiple years of starts. Not an A definitely, but shit, C+/B- is 80%, 4 out of 5. Need more choices.