Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Lawrence Phillips sells couch

Dead at 40 what a waste of talent and human life

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited January 2016
    Not as sure about the talent part as many. His time represented the end of the golden era of cfb for me. right around that time, I had to get a job and be a real person, with schedules and shit.

So I knew THAT Nebraska well. And while there were some glaring exceptions, they had a lot of guys come through that were good at being Nebraska I backs - strong, physical guys with good straight ahead speed - but couldn't transition their game to another offense.

Many of them struggled to make a living in the NFL, where you had to play between the tackles and guards and make a good first read VERY quickly and then make the first level guy miss. Nebraska I backs took pitches, made one cut into an alley they could plainly see and ran straight until they were caught. Different thing altogether. I always said Rich Alexis would have been a good Nebraska I back.

I was a Dolphin fan back when I had a life to call my own. Nobody wanted that group to succeed more than I did. I loved Marino, I loved the fish and I loved Jimmy. Huge disappointment it didn't work. Anyway, when they picked up Phillips from the Rams, I was so fucking stoked ... finally, I thought, Marino has a running game.

It wasn't that Phillips couldn't keep his hands to himself in Miami any better than he could in St. Louis and Lincoln (and anywhere else he happened to be). That was still a problem, but it wasn't THE problem. The real issue before he smacked some chick at a night club in South Beach was that he wasn't producing.

He just wasn't a very good back. That's the trufe.
  • Options
    CougzzCougzz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 279
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If he had not dragged a girl by her hair down three flights of stairs, I would not have wanted him gone twenty years ago.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I would typically find the couch selling joke about someone dying insensitive, but in this case it's fucking awesome.
  • Options
    fivehundredmileDAWGfivehundredmileDAWG Member Posts: 1,210
    Name Dropper 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    I think this more like.... he had his couch put on the curb by his roomie....

Of course he did this for another roomie a while back...
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I think this more like.... he had his couch put on the curb by his roomie....

Of course he did this for another roomie a while back...

Wasn't he in isolation?
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam