Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Vegas Picks Bama, Rather Easily

2»

Comments

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,890
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Northwestern? Northwestern went 10-2 in the regular season.

Tennessee destroyed them.

Stanford lost twice. Take care of business (unless you're in the SEC, then you don't have to as much).
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,720
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

dhdawg said:

And got boatraced 3 times
    you are selective with your data. You can't count the bowl loss since the decision on who went to the final four was made prior to that. Throw out the loss to Iowa since they won 2nd in the Big-10. The Michigan loss is the only one that looks bad. So you can pin about one unbalanced loss on Northwestern.

You don't fool the apostle. Don't straw man me or give me false dichotomies.

How many of you assholes think Clemson wins the PAC-12? I don't. Oklahoma wins the PAC? Michigan State?

The problem is we need real playoffs or the biasing continues.
    So Northwestern gets in and Stanford still stays home

Got it
  • Options
    ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Stanford lost twice. Take care of business (unless you're in the SEC, then you don't have to as much).
    there it is again! You can't count the bowl loss since it was AFTER the decision on the final four was made.

Really, if a PAC team loses to another pac team, that's it, no playoffs. Same thing that happened when the 2000 huskies lost to Oregon, but beat Miami.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,609
    Founders Club

This is basically the southern negro championship, though, right? If you aren't letting Stanford play!

OK!
  • Options
    Founders Club

dhdawg said:

And got boatraced 3 times
    you are selective with your data. You can't count the bowl loss since the decision on who went to the final four was made prior to that. Throw out the loss to Iowa since they won 2nd in the Big-10. The Michigan loss is the only one that looks bad. So you can pin about one unbalanced loss on Northwestern.

You don't fool the apostle. Don't straw man me or give me false dichotomies.

How many of you assholes think Clemson wins the PAC-12? I don't. Oklahoma wins the PAC? Michigan State?

The problem is we need real playoffs or the biasing continues.
    OK!
  • Options
    Founders Club

dnc said:

This is basically the southern negro championship, though, right? If you aren't letting Stanford play!

Yes, two loss Stanford should have been in over undefeated Clemson.

AOGFS.
    nice try... false dichotomy. They were omitted from the final 4 to START with.
    OK!
  • Options
    Founders Club

there it is again! You can't count the bowl loss since it was AFTER the decision on the final four was made.

Really, if a PAC team loses to another pac team, that's it, no playoffs. Same thing that happened when the 2000 huskies lost to Oregon, but beat Miami.
    OK!
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

Except oregon last year.
    But still...
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    edited January 2016
    If you want a vision of the future of college football, imagine a houndstooth boot stamping on a human face - forever.

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,890
    Founders Club

I hate to sound like Sven, but the Pac 12 isn't all that top heavy. I'd put it up against any conference from teams 3-9 or so most years. The Northwestern loss was a better l than I thought (I thought they were 8-4 or 9-3 going into the bowl game), but you really can't expect a playoff with more than one loss 99% of the time, unless you're SEC and get preferential treatment....and even that was a weird year.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Look @ApostleofGrief, douchebag, fellow Roman. Stanford had a good year, great even; but there was no way they deserved to be in the playoff over any of the top four or Ohio State.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,845
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    I like my +6.5. I like that
  • Options

I hate to sound like Sven, but the Pac 12 isn't all that top heavy. I'd put it up against any conference from teams 3-9 or so most years. The Northwestern loss was a better l than I thought (I thought they were 8-4 or 9-3 going into the bowl game), but you really can't expect a playoff with more than one loss 99% of the time, unless you're SEC and get preferential treatment....and even that was a weird year.
    If there were 2 1 loss teams LSU doesn't get in that year
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    dhdawg said:

Kansas says hello
  • Options
    dhdawg said:

Except oregon last year.
    But still...
    Or the undefeated USC that went to the title game over an undefeated Auburn. Southern bias!
  • Options
    dnc said:

dhdawg said:

Kansas says hello
    good poont. although they didn't have the OOC win like LSU did over Va Tech.
    Looking back yeah they probably should have gone with kansas instead
  • Options
    dhdawg said:

dnc said:

dhdawg said:

Kansas says hello
    good poont. although they didn't have the OOC win like LSU did over Va Tech.
    Looking back yeah they probably should have gone with kansas instead
    I don't actually think so, Kansas played a horrible schedule that year and deservingly finished ranked like 7th. Just poonting out it wasn't as easy as "pick the one loss teams" as in that instance there was one really shitty one loss team. Kind of like that year's Iowa.