Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Natural News: Obama gives doctors power to declare you 'mentally ill' and take away your guns

Comments

• Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,538
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Are those the same doctors that will be on the federal payroll someday?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I have a relative who is bipolar. I wonder where they draw the line and whether they will uphold their right to defend themselves.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I would have rethought the thread title.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    This power, remember, is being given to a class of corrupt professionals who are almost universally on the take from Big Pharma, receiving routine bribes and drug peddling influence that encourages them to drug everybody with psychiatric drugs that drive people insane.

Even worse, many doctors already believe that anyone who owns a gun is insane to begin with, and there's the catch-22: If you want to own a gun, you must be insane and therefore should be denied the right to own a gun.

All this comes down to just one more good reason who fewer and fewer people are now visiting mainstream (conventional) doctors. They're now SNITCHES for the feds!

So DJ, you think almost all doctors are corrupt?

It's sad you try to be a member of the media, then buy off on shit like this.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Hipster douchebags UNITE!!!!!
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,525
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    When I was younger, a relative was bipolar and had substance abuse issues. She scared us little ones at times and was quite unstable. I would not have wanted her to have access to guns though she was highly unlikely not to hurt anyone but herself. She didn't commit suicide though....she drank herself to death by her late 40's.

Anyway I'm a moderate who tends to lean libertarian but there has to be a balance between the right to bear arms and freedom from whack jobs bearing arms. When the Founders wrote the 2nd Amendment, a rapid fire rifle didn't exist...let alone a Gatling Gun (showing up in the Civil War).

People of a certain religion who are killing people on pretty much every continent in the world concern me a lot more though.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    In the end it didn't matter what you wanted.

She had access to guns, she didn't buy one nor did she shoot anybody up.

No new executive orders confiscating guns were needed.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,806
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    HFNY said:

When I was younger, a relative was bipolar and had substance abuse issues. She scared us little ones at times and was quite unstable. I would not have wanted her to have access to guns though she was highly unlikely not to hurt anyone but herself. She didn't commit suicide though....she drank herself to death by her late 40's.

Anyway I'm a moderate who tends to lean libertarian but there has to be a balance between the right to bear arms and freedom from whack jobs bearing arms. When the Founders wrote the 2nd Amendment, a rapid fire rifle didn't exist...let alone a Gatling Gun (showing up in the Civil War).

People of a certain religion who are killing people on pretty much every continent in the world concern me a lot more though.

I'm too lazy to use the googles, but I would wager heavily the over that there are far more deaths due to alcohol every year than death by guns.

We should ban alcohol. (Sorry, @Swaye)

Wait .........................
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    We should ban weed next.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    PurpleJ said:

We should ban weed next.

Fuck. YOU.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

We should ban weed next.

Fuck. YOU.
    It's way more profitable when it's illegal. Simple fact.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

We should ban weed next.

Fuck. YOU.
    It's way more profitable when it's illegal. Simple fact.
    That's actually true.

I feel bad for the enterprising but slightly shady high schooler of today.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,806
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

We should ban weed next.

Fuck. YOU.
    It's way more profitable when it's illegal monopolized. Simple fact.

I'm hearing numbers in WA retail that would make your head spin. Simple fact; don't twist.

• Options
    pawz said:

HFNY said:

I'm too lazy to use the googles, but I would wager heavily the over that there are far more deaths due to alcohol every year than death by guns.

We should ban alcohol. (Sorry, @Swaye)

Wait .........................
    No but there's many restrictions on alcohol to save lives. Just like there are many restrictions on cars to save lives. Hence.... Restrictions on guns to save lives.

Nice try tho.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    If we were serious about gun safety, the only people who should have guns are the Syrian refugees who make up Obama's national police force
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It's not a monopoly. It's oligopoly. But still. Our pot laws are fucked up.
  • Options
    SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Isn't this the point of a doctor?
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,237
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited January 2016
    The problem with this is the same as any other health issue which allows/requires disclosure by someone other than the patient. This will cause folks who want to retain their second amendment rights to think twice about seeking help from medical professionals for even mild cases of depression. Either way, this appears to be one of many unconstitutional executive orders the left is again complicit in.
  • Options

The problem with this is the same as any other health issue which allows/requires disclosure by someone other than the patient. This will cause folks who want to retain their second amendment rights to think twice about seeking help from medical professionals for even mild cases of depression. Either way, this appears to be one of many unconstitutional executive orders the left is again complicit in.

Or you are being played by a news organization lying to you.