Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Marcus Peters is already better than Sherman

NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
edited January 2016 in NFL Talk
He's more physical, better instincts and more athletic. Seahawks fucked up

Comments

• Options
    section_332section_332 Member Posts: 2,403
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Peters plays in the slot as well
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    They fucked up by taking Richard Sherman in the 5th round years ago and not trading up to get Marcus Peters in the draft because they had no reason to do it?

K.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Lol. I love Peters, but Sherman has been doing this for years. Consistency matters.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    edited January 2016
    Missing the point, trade Sherman for draft picks, save on cap space sign a high profile defensive free agent with that money, draft Peters and keep going. Peters was in their back yard easy to evaluate. Is Sherman really that much better if at all? In my opinion no. $14,000,000 versus $1,700,000.

I'm not a GM , but I do read hardcore husky
  • Options
    section_332section_332 Member Posts: 2,403
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

Missing the point, trade Sherman for draft picks, save on cap space sign a high profile defensive free agent with that money, draft Peters and keep going. Peters was in their back yard easy to evaluate. Is Sherman really that much better if at all? In my opinion no. $14,000,000 versus $1,700,000.

It's a lot easier to draft a DB late and groom him to fit your scheme. Especially now since a lot of DBs go 6 ft in college now
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Christ
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,312
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Peters is good.

Sherman won Seattle a Super Bowl with his play on the ball against Crabtree in the 2014 NFC Champ game.

I mean come on.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

Wtf dawg.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,237
    Founders Club
    phineas said:

Shit thread

and shit posters
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,341
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

Wow there are a lot of things wrong with this post. Off the top of my head:

1. Sherman is a big part of this team's identity, you don't just trade that away.

2. You probably wouldn't get a ton of picks for Sherman precisely because of the big cap hit. He's properly paid but not underpaid, so there's not much surplus value there. Nobody is trading multiple picks for any contracts as big as Sherman's in the modern NFL.

3. The cap savings wouldn't be nearly as good as you think either because his entire signing bonus would have accelerated onto this year's cap. It would be cap savings for next year and going forward but would have crushed the cap this year.

4. Peters is fucking good but he also got kicked off his college team for choking a corch insubordination. Yes, his talent is so great I would have taken him in the first round (and argued as much many times and bumped the idiots who said they wouldn't). But I wouldn't trade one of the top 10 defensive players in the league for someone with that much risk.

5. You weren't advocating for such a plan before the draft, nor was anyone else, so saying Seattle "fucked up" is pretty FS.

6. Kasen still doesn't have a TD.
    but still