Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I don't care if people care or not ... I'm celebrating.

At least one of my alma maters has beat Oregon in the last 12 years
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,497
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It was a meaningless bowl game and now Oregon might get rid of their shit tier coach, nothing good came from this except some laughs.
  • Options
    haie said:

It was a meaningless bowl game and now Oregon might get rid of their shit tier coach, nothing good came from this except some laughs.

It's a cool day to be a froooog brah ...

I wouldn't expect you to understand

#FearTheFrog
  • Options
    PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,457
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Lick it an trip ballz
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

haie said:

#FearTheFrog
    Like you're the only one here that went to grad school, fuck off.

Pathetic fucking wannabe longhorn schools need to diaff
  • Options
    haie said:

Tequilla said:

haie said:

#FearTheFrog

Did I ever say I was the only one that went to grad school?

Pretty sure the fucking longhorns would like to be froogin' it at least for the last couple of years. Probably true for the Aggies as well. And the raiders. And the Bears. And pretty much every other school in the State of Texas.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

haie said:

#FearTheFrog

Pretty sure the fucking longhorns would like to be froogin' it at least for the last couple of years. Probably true for the Aggies as well. And the raiders. And the Bears. And pretty much every other school in the State of Texas.
    Pretty sure UT is all anyone gives a fuck about when it comes to Texas and they have a real, non-doogerific championship to their name.

But please, keep frooging it up while Oregon sends a truck full of lathered young men to chips mansion as I type this.

Douche
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    A lot of focus on oregon offense and not on a defense that gave up 31 after shutting them out in the first half.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    and I'm happy for you Teq. That must have felt awesome. Hope you watched it all the way through and didn't lose hope.
  • Options
    haie said:

Tequilla said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

haie said:

#FearTheFrog

Pretty sure UT is all anyone gives a fuck about when it comes to Texas and they have a real, non-doogerific championship to their name.

But please, keep frooging it up while Oregon sends a truck full of lathered young men to chips mansion as I type this.

Douche
    Comments like this tell me you aren't a Texas Superiority Guy ... there's more to Texas than the Tea Sippers in Austin ...

• Options
    Gladstone said:

and I'm happy for you Teq. That must have felt awesome. Hope you watched it all the way through and didn't lose hope.

I turned away for a bit in the 2nd quarter to watch the ending of Iowa State @ Oklahoma (terrific game) and some of the Stars game that wasn't much fun to watch. I turned back just in time to see VAJ get smoked and then at least felt like there was a chance in the 2nd half.

I started getting a good feeling at 31-10, turned away just in time to see the Stars lose in OT, and by the time I flipped back saw TCU had the ball back after the fumbled kickoff to make it 31-17 at the end of the 3rd. At that point, I thought that TCU had a great shot to win the game.

When TCU didn't get the onside kick, which I thought Oregon made a helluva play on because if you go back and look at it it looked like there was about 9 TCU players around the ball compared to 2 Oregon guys, I started getting a ton of shit about how TCU had blown in particularly after kicking the FG to go from 14 to 11 down. I still wasn't worried. I knew that there was still more than enough time left.

The only time I really got concerned was when Oregon scored in the 1st OT thinking that they would go for 2 and that the game would come down to 1 play. When they went for the extra point I knew that TCU would eventually win the game.

#InGaryITrust
  • Options
    Gladstone said:

A lot of focus on oregon offense and not on a defense that gave up 31 after shutting them out in the first half.

Oregon's defense had some poor moments in the 2nd half, but they could have easily gotten run over a lot more than they did.

The offense had what 14 yards on 14 plays or something for the 2nd half?

It's hard to expect too much out of your defense when they are constantly on the field.

And, while most wouldn't know this or agree with this, TCU has a lot more depth than I think people realize. With all the injuries that they've had this year, many people view this as one of, if not the best job that Patterson has done while at TCU.

This year should serve as a foundation for the next year or two.