Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The Jesse Callier Commemorative Post-Collegiate Career Impact Ranking Initiative

Comments

• Options
    BayDawgBayDawg Member Posts: 1,623
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

In. And giving Mickens a 3 will be one of the hardest things I'll ever do.

Looking at the criteria, he almost has to be a 3. I will have to swallow pretty hard.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    BayDawg said:

In. And giving Mickens a 3 will be one of the hardest things I'll ever do.

Looking at the criteria, he almost has to be a 3. I will have to swallow pretty hard.
    Don't let @Dennis_DeYoung and his ranking criteria affect you.

Use your own judgement and your own criteria and rank them based on their contributions to UW since they stepped on campus.

Dennis is just showing off his ranking skillz is all.
  • Options
    seatownfunkseatownfunk Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 802
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Put me on the list
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,447
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I'd like to do this again. Sign me up.
  • Options
    HUSKYFANATICHUSKYFANATIC Member Posts: 1,651
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I'm in! Sweatpants optional?
  • Options

I'm in! Sweatpants optional?

Nude is preferred
  • Options
    kh83kh83 Member Posts: 596
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    Mickens fits right as a 3 in my criteria. Starting is an auto 3 here. But getting past a 3 is tough on my scale. 4 is a borderline all league. 2 is showed up and contributed a little. 1 is Turpin.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,629
    Swaye's Wigwam
    0 = left early and never played enough to get noticed.

1 = showed some sign of eventually being good enough to play but left too early, or played but sucked ass and left early or sucked ass but somehow occupied a scholarship for 4-5 years. Sub injuries in for suck anywhere above and you get a 1 as well.

2 = occupied a scholarship for 4-5 years never rising above backup, or played a bit in a reasonable backup role but had a shortened stay, or looked good but played few meaningful snaps due to injury or other factor forcing them to leave.

3 = very promising but short career with meaningful snaps played, or full career mostly as a key reserve or just a mediocre starter.

4 = Minimum 2 years as a good (as opposed to default) starter, also at least all league honorable mention caliber at least one season (in my judgement not necessarily selected).

5 = Like 4 except first team all league caliber and AA consideration at a minimum. A guy who is always better than the one playing the same position on the other team.

I make up new criteria on the spot every time I do this. Fuck you all. I'm good at this.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,712
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    chuck said:

1 = showed some sign of eventually being good enough to play but left too early, or played but sucked ass and left early or sucked ass but somehow occupied a scholarship for 4-5 years. Sub injuries in for suck anywhere above and you get a 1 as well.

2 = occupied a scholarship for 4-5 years never rising above backup, or played a bit in a reasonable backup role but had a shortened stay, or looked good but played few meaningful snaps due to injury or other factor forcing them to leave.

3 = very promising but short career with meaningful snaps played, or full career mostly as a key reserve or just a mediocre starter.

4 = Minimum 2 years as a good (as opposed to default) starter, also at least all league honorable mention caliber at least one season (in my judgement not necessarily selected).

5 = Like 4 except first team all league caliber and AA consideration at a minimum. A guy who is always better than the one playing the same position on the other team.

I make up new criteria on the spot every time I do this. Fuck you all. I'm good at this.

Thats some grade inflation right there. Everyone gets a 3 if they don't quit?

In my mind anyone that left early other than for the pros is a 0 or maybe a 1.

After removing them the distribution of players should be something like this:

1- 10%
    2- 20%
    3- 40%
    4- 20%
    5-10%

However we kinda sucked the last 4-5 years so skew it slightly downward.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,511
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

chuck said:

1- 10%
    2- 20%
    3- 40%
    4- 20%
    5-10%

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,629
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

1- 10%
    2- 20%
    3- 40%
    4- 20%
    5-10%

Nope you missed part of the 2 category. Shitty players who linger around for a career get a 2. Guys like Scott lawyer or Damion turpin fit well. Marvin hall probably fits. D. Cooper fits when/if he ever leavea and gives us the chance to rank him.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,712
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    chuck said:

chuck said:

1- 10%
    2- 20%
    3- 40%
    4- 20%
    5-10%

Nope you missed part of the 2 category. Shitty players who linger around for a career get a 2. Guys like Scott lawyer or Damion turpin fit well. Marvin hall probably fits. D. Cooper fits when/if he ever leavea and gives us the chance to rank him.
    Disagree. You don't get points just for showing up. This is big boy football.
  • Options
    I will release the survey tomorrow in private message to you idiots that replied that you will do the survey...

If anyone else wants in respond in this thread in the next 16 hours or so.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,118
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Shit so I have to pollute the data myself to get a copy?
  • Options

Shit so I have to pollute the data myself to get a copy?

The data will be released to all after the survey is completed. Everyone on the bored will see it when it's done.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    Founders Club
    Happy I have tomorrow off and can be merry and hungover with nothing to do but fill out Coke's form.