Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

oregon's next qb

Comments

• Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Mosster47 said:

The doogish shit about Oregon's QB's needs to stop. A little ribbing, okay fine, but to bury your head in the sand and not understand what is going on... Kim has a website where they would eat it up.

Oregon is serious about winning and wants to win now. If Waller (Jonson now?) is better than the Prokup he will start. I doubt that's the case, but bringing in Prukop is hardly a negative.

Oregon is hedging their bets by bringing in a supposedly talented QB that other elite schools also wanted.

Oregon is obviously using the free agent system to heir advantage, but it's not inaccurate to say that they're only doing so because their current qbs aren't very impressive.
    Who knows, they might have someone who is good. What's the hurt in adding a good QB? Last year the Ducks had nothing. Lets say this year Prukop starts and Jonson is also really good or maybe Mahalak is ready to step up. Unlike this year, the season wouldn't fall apart (by Oregon's standards) because Prukop broke a finger and needed to sit three games.

Wisconsin made a Rose Bowl with Russ Wilson on a one year deal. It's a smart move. It's the most important position on your team and if you have a guy that's better than the one you have knocking on the door you answer. Nick Saban wanted Prukop too and Doogs love him.
    Comparing the Prukop and VAJ transfer situation to Russel Wilson takes a special kind of BearcatAlumDuckFan stupid.

• Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    MisterEm said:

Mosster47 said:

The doogish shit about Oregon's QB's needs to stop. A little ribbing, okay fine, but to bury your head in the sand and not understand what is going on... Kim has a website where they would eat it up.

Oregon is serious about winning and wants to win now. If Waller (Jonson now?) is better than the Prokup he will start. I doubt that's the case, but bringing in Prukop is hardly a negative.

Oregon is hedging their bets by bringing in a supposedly talented QB that other elite schools also wanted.

Oregon is obviously using the free agent system to heir advantage, but it's not inaccurate to say that they're only doing so because their current qbs aren't very impressive.
    Who knows, they might have someone who is good. What's the hurt in adding a good QB? Last year the Ducks had nothing. Lets say this year Prukop starts and Jonson is also really good or maybe Mahalak is ready to step up. Unlike this year, the season wouldn't fall apart (by Oregon's standards) because Prukop broke a finger and needed to sit three games.

Wisconsin made a Rose Bowl with Russ Wilson on a one year deal. It's a smart move. It's the most important position on your team and if you have a guy that's better than the one you have knocking on the door you answer. Nick Saban wanted Prukop too and Doogs love him.
    Comparing the Prukop and VAJ transfer situation to Russel Wilson takes a special kind of BearcatAlumDuckFan stupid.

Except for the part where Oregon could have easily lost the Rose Bowl this year had he not broken his finger.

Just like Russ.

• Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

MisterEm said:

Mosster47 said:

Except for the part where Oregon could have easily lost the Rose Bowl this year had he not broken his finger.

Just like Russ.

Exactly. If he never breaks his finger Oregon is 11-1 right now and in the playoff over OU. At worst they would be getting ready to skull fuck that slow ass Iowa team in Pasadena.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited December 2015
    Thump said:

Fenwick said:

^ Locker and Price were rendered undeveloped by Sarkisian unfortunately

Frankly, he was just a more hyped Lindy.
    So your saying that with more hype, Lindy could have been a 1st round pick?
    Well, nobody can really say anything definitive one way or the other, because the only thing we know about Lindy is he can throw it a hundred miles and is hardly unathletic. But he hasn't played.

Jake was what he was. And of course hindsight is 20/20, but the kid was hardly a polished passer or known for his ability to read a defense. Whatever in the fuck they were thinking to justify first round, they stopped thinking it rather early in his tenure. And unlike a lot of kids (Mariotta and most other 1st round picks), Jake wasn't thrown in the shit pile from day one. He was allowed to ease into it under the guidance of a veteran, and with all that hand holding he didn't do shit in the NFL.

Do with the facts what you wish.
  • Options

Doesn't that fall into the "no shit?" category? The point is that it's not the basis of their entire program, and it's hilarious to watch Passion change his tampon and criticize Oregon for using a xfer one time to salvage a season.

It would be different if that was the Duck's M/O and if Washington had an inventory of developed QBs to waive around.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Mosster47 said:

MisterEm said:

Mosster47 said:

Just like Russ.

Exactly. If he never breaks his finger Oregon is 11-1 right now and in the playoff over OU. At worst they would be getting ready to skull fuck that slow ass Iowa team in Pasadena.
    And a unicorn just danced across my yard farting fairy dust.

Reality.

It sucks.

Fantasy ... you can have any type of season you want.
  • Options
    blackmambablackmamba Member Posts: 184
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Awesomes

Isn't the point of recruiting to improve your team? There will be a competition, best qb will win the job. Why else would Peterson recruit Tony Rodriguiz?
  • Options
    HelfrichFamilyVanHelfrichFamilyVan Member Posts: 351
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

Isn't the point of recruiting to improve your team? There will be a competition, best qb will win the job. Why else would Peterson recruit Tony Rodriguiz?
    Affirmative action.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    topdawgnc said:

Mosster47 said:

MisterEm said:

Mosster47 said:

Just like Russ.

And a unicorn just danced across my yard farting fairy dust.

Reality.

It sucks.

Fantasy ... you can have any type of season you want.
    Did you get pics?
  • Options
    ThumpThump Member Posts: 793
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Thump said:

Fenwick said:

Jake was what he was. And of course hindsight is 20/20, but the kid was hardly a polished passer or known for his ability to read a defense.
    Agree Jake was a flop in the NFL, and not great at the college level, but he had a few games where he played great. Maybe Lindy would have had that too if he hadn't been beat out -- never know -- but I never saw Lindy run over a linebacker.

I'll never forget Dennis Erickson calling Jake the player he most feared facing -- called him a game changer in the Pac. Maybe Dennis was drunk -- I hear he did stuff like that.
  • Options
    Thump said:

Thump said:

Fenwick said:

Jake was what he was. And of course hindsight is 20/20, but the kid was hardly a polished passer or known for his ability to read a defense.
    Agree Jake was a flop in the NFL, and not great at the college level, but he had a few games where he played great. Maybe Lindy would have had that too if he hadn't been beat out -- never know -- but I never saw Lindy run over a linebacker.

I'll never forget Dennis Erickson calling Jake the player he most feared facing -- called him a game changer in the Pac. Maybe Dennis was drunk -- I hear he did stuff like that.
    Ah ... The Legend of Jack Lockner.

20 years from now we'll all be telling our grandchildren how we saw the great Jack Lockner play on the shores of Lake Washington and how he was the trigger that grew Washington into the great Holiday Bowl and Sun Bowl powerhouse they now get to enjoy.
  • Options
    Thump said:

Thump said:

Fenwick said:

For whatever it's worth, the one and only thing I KNOW Lindy can do is run over a LB. have you seen this kid? He would truck Lockner. They should have converted him to TE or some kind of H back two years ago. Total waste of athleticism imo.
  • Options

Thump said:

Thump said:

Fenwick said:

For whatever it's worth, the one and only thing I KNOW Lindy can do is run over a LB. have you seen this kid? He would truck Lockner. They should have converted him to TE or some kind of H back two years ago. Total waste of athleticism imo.
    I get the feeling you know Lindy ...
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    topdawgnc said:

Thump said:

Thump said:

Fenwick said:

I get the feeling you know Lindy ...
    I get the feeling you have a good feeling.

Even so, you'd have to agree that trucking a linebacker is hardly legend worthy. Lindy is a big boy with above avg speed. One thing Im sure he can do is run over people.

• Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    The only thing I've learned in this thread is that creepycoug is a fucking idiot.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

The only thing I've learned in this thread is that creepycoug is a fucking idiot.

You actually have to be 200% doog to agree with the OP. Congrats; you can pull your dick out of your mouth now.

If I'm not locknering enough for you, what can I say? Facts are facts.
  • Options
    ThumpThump Member Posts: 793
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    topdawgnc said:

Thump said:

Thump said:

Fenwick said:

Ah ... The Legend of Jack Lockner.

20 years from now we'll all be telling our grandchildren how we saw the great Jack Lockner play on the shores of Lake Washington and how he was the trigger that grew Washington into the great Holiday Bowl and Sun Bowl powerhouse they now get to enjoy.
    So you're calling Dennis Erickson a liar?

How many head coaching gigs and DUIs do you have?

Huh?

That's what I thought.
  • Options

You actually have to be 200% doog to agree with the OP. Congrats; you can pull your dick out of your mouth now.

This is gibberish.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

This is gibberish.
    You're struggling. Pack it in for 2015 Sally.
  • Options
    You had to edit that?