Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Secondary

seattletimes.com/sports/uw-husky-football/uws-defensive-secondary-ranks-as-the-best-in-the-pac-12-but-the-huskies-arent-satisfied/

King and Jones together allowed only two touchdowns, while intercepting seven passes.

J? Your move pemmypecker. Now that's a good secondary. ;)

Comments

• Options
    section_332section_332 Member Posts: 2,403
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
  • Options
    BlowItUpBlowItUp Member Posts: 877
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    oh, and love, gilchrist plus possibly murphy and long? sheeesh.

with king, gardenhirre, jones and miller/joyner as backups.... could you redshirt 2 of those guys? riches of talent if pete can close.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    edited December 2015

DBU

Baseball power
  • Options
    What you have to love about the defense is that while a lot of units that are the best in a conference would be busy puffing out their chest, these guys are pissed at their shortcomings and determined to get better
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Since this board is all about beating your chest when right, I will put this out and say I was right about King.

Ditto. There is a thread somewhere that needs to be bumped.
  • Options
    Doogles said:

Since this board is all about beating your chest when right, I will put this out and say I was right about King.

Ditto. There is a thread somewhere that needs to be bumped.
    So we're now going to pay attention to the times that Dog on the Road is right?
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Tequilla said:

What you have to love about the defense is that while a lot of units that are the best in a conference would be busy puffing out their chest, these guys are pissed at their shortcomings and determined to get better

That's quite the Skip Bayless comment.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Tequilla said:

That's quite the Skip Bayless comment.
    The guys from the defense have been beating their chests on twitter about FootballOutsiders having them rated #1.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,535
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Never said that the secondary wasn't good. My main criticisms of the D this year were the way we got ran on by decent running teams and how we sucked at 3rd down stops. All things considered, this was an above average defense this year. Not good like a Bama, but better than most. Don't think there was a single defense in the Pac-12 that I considered good this year, and not that many in college football at all. I fully expect them to be good next year.

Also.... 6-6. NOC. Fuck off. Average. Mediocre.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    PurpleJ said:

Never said that the secondary wasn't good. My main criticisms of the D this year were the way we got ran on by decent running teams and how we sucked at 3rd down stops. All things considered, this was an above average defense this year. Not good like a Bama, but better than most. Don't think there was a single defense in the Pac-12 that I considered good this year, and not that many in college football at all. I fully expect them to be good next year.

Also.... 6-6. NOC. Fuck off. Average. Mediocre.

THIS.
  • Options
    DardanusDardanus Member Posts: 2,623
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

So the players have really bought in, and are working harder than ever?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,442
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    By 2019 this could be a special group. Of course they will have graduated by then but still
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,535
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2015

Does Kevin King earn the Cort Dennison Memorial HHB Advanced Reverse Psychology Motivational Technique Award?

Kevin King is the equivilent of the 6th-man of the year award in the NBA. Being you dont watch either sport Tommyboy, that's a good thing.

Next year Peter will make a serious run for the conference title. Kevin King will play a vital role in that. Try ditching the soundersFS and actually try watching football next year Tommy Fay, you might be surprised.... much like when J spurts you a spritzer in the kisser unexpetedly and prematurely, and without the reach around hammershaft;)
    Te hee hee

;))))) :blush:

At least I'm on top in Puppy's fantasy.