Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Reggie Williams - Where is he?

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

beat oregon nothing else matters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1ijaOAnP1c

FREE PUB for @DerekJohnson at 5 minute 20 second mark!!!
    Why do you hate the 7 minute 6 second mark?
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,908
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

Why do you hate the 7 minute 6 second mark?
    I know you're sarcastic but I hadn't gotten that far when I made this poast ya buttsniffer.
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited December 2015
    Ha I pressed play and was immediately greeted by college freshman me dooging it up in Autzen

I miss Washington, damn it!
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    Ha remember the days when 3600 passing yards wasn't only a lot but a fucking conference record? I loved Reggie and Pickett but I hated how that team won, especially in '03. 420 yards passing, 60 yards rushing. If we didn't have Reggie to bail us out that 6-6 team would have been much worse. I'd say he's almost on par to John Ross' 2 wins.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

I love how Passion had to qualify that he was home with the flu to justify his watching an old Husky game on a Wednesday afternoon. And probably from his mother's basement.

I should've been more clear: "Home with the flu in my mother's basement."
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Nice to spur memories of the last time we pulled out the plunger on Oregon.
  • Options
    CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,475
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Passion said:

I love how Passion had to qualify that he was home with the flu to justify his watching an old Husky game on a Wednesday afternoon. And probably from his mother's basement.

I should've been more clear: "Home with the flu in my mother's basement."
    Don't even try to fucking lie about the sweatpants boner.
  • Options
    AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,998
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

A baggy of coke in the back pocket shouldn't ruin your life. The war on drugs needs to gain some perspective, IMO.

Reggie will always be a DAWG in my book. I have a number 1 jersey, and it's not might be because of Sean Parker.Jaydon Mickens

• Options
    AlCzervikAlCzervik Member Posts: 1,774
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer

Nice play but overall not a technically gifted cornerback.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    AlCzervik said:

Nice play but overall not a technically gifted cornerback.
    Getting 2 picks from Kellen Clemens is special.
  • Options
    AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,998
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Couple of things.

Free Pub at 7:25 mark

How did Jaque's kid not pick that ball off for 6.

I miss Bellotti.

I miss saying, Owen Biddle.

I miss Washington dammit.
  • Options
    ThumpThump Member Posts: 793
    edited December 2015
    I didn't follow Reggie after he left the UW since I don't follow the NFL much... but did he ever learn how to perform against tall dominate corners? While he had a lot of yards at the UW, I'll never forget how Purdue shut him down after he popped off at the pre game presser for the 2002 Sun Bowel.

Though maybe that year's bowel performance can be attributed to the team not wanting to be in such a shit tier bowel after having a season which included four Pac 10 wins and the NW Championship trophy. /s
  • Options
    section_332section_332 Member Posts: 2,403
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Alexis said:

Doogles said:

A baggy of coke in the back pocket shouldn't ruin your life. The war on drugs needs to gain some perspective, IMO.

Reggie will always be a DAWG in my book. I have a number 1 jersey, and it's not might be because of Sean Parker.Jaydon Mickens

Why does everyone hate Chris Polk?
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,752
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited December 2015
    Why does anyone here love Cody Pickett? He fucking stunk. Williams and Frederick did everything to make him look good. He piled up yards trailing by a touchdown or more, making up for the stupid sacks and interceptions he gave up in the first half, time and time again, forcing bad passes all game long. Every play-from-behind tosser gets big yards chasing a losing effort and the tough-cowboy shtick didn't obscure the bull-stomps he must've taken to the head growing up on his Idaho ranch.
    I got into it with a fan in the horseshoe seats about Pickett at the Cal game. All these pinheads were jerking off over his stats, fed by local media. I said out loud that he was inaccurate as hell, they gave me the "are you kidding what do you know" bullshit, spewing meaningless loser stats. Pickett promptly threw an interception on the next play, throwing the ball about 5 yards inside his receiver on an out rout, and Cal proceeded to beat us at home for the first time in about 20 years.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Why does anyone here love Cody Pickett? He fucking stunk. Williams and Frederick did everything to make him look good. He piled up yards trailing by a touchdown or more, making up for the stupid sacks and interceptions he gave up in the first half, time and time again, forcing bad passes all game long. Every play-from-behind tosser gets big yards chasing a losing effort and the tough-cowboy shtick didn't obscure the bull-stomps he must've taken to the head growing up on his Idaho ranch.
    I got into it with a fan in the horseshoe seats about Pickett at the Cal game. All these pinheads were jerking off over his stats, fed by local media. I said out loud that he was inaccurate as hell, they gave me the "are you kidding what do you know" bullshit, spewing meaningless loser stats. Pickett promptly threw an interception on the next play, throwing the ball about 5 yards inside his receiver on an out rout, and Cal proceeded to beat us at home for the first time in about 20 years.

I thought Pickett was pretty good until his senior year. He never had a running game, the OL was soft, and the defense sucked. With the right guys around him, he would have been good.

Price was a bigger loser, stats only QB than Pickett imo.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,752
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited December 2015
    Pickett threw a lot, but a lot were not good throws. But, Reggie Williams could catch almost anything. Much like Pelluer's floaters to Skansi (who also could catch anything) - which led to Cowan taking the QB job from Pelluer. Shit throws get you benched. As for who had more garbage time completions and yards? I'd say Pickett, because he dug us holes and lost games we should've won, while Price kept us within a score or two of games we shouldn't have been that close in. Both Price and Pickett had obvious shoulder issues. Price's was really bad his Jr year, when he threw funny and shot-putted a lot of quick throws. Pickett's shoulder was sawdust and pulp by his senior year, yet the local press and Neuheisel were pumping the shit out of him while anyone paying attention could see that he was on a downward slide. Recall that Pickett was thought to be a Heisman candidate and very high draft choice by many sports writers, but wound up being Mr. NOGAF on draft day. 7th round, S.F., wound up 4th string, then traded a couple times, then cut. IMO, Price was a better QB and certainly a smarter QB overall than Pickett.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2015
    I think he was picked up in the later rounds, but my memory is he was projected in the top two rounds if he left school early. Just another case of a guy who stayed too long. I know he picked up a start with the niners, but never had a real shot in the league.

To say he wasn't good and some stats loser is going too far. He had talent.