Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

For Those Thinking that Washington HS Football is Great

And want to jump on my ass for saying that the top teams (in particular) in places like California, Texas, and Florida will wipe the floor with the top teams from Washington, I offer up Centennial vs St John Bosco ... a game that is littered with D1 players including UW verbals in Sean McGrew for Bosco and Kentrell Love for Centennial, plus huge UW target Javon McKinley for Corona, where the speed, size, and talent for the players on the field is ridiculous. It's looking like 55-31 Centennial going into half. The RB for Centennial JJ Taylor (5'7" short shifty guy) is having a huge 1st half with 4 TDs ... he's an Arizona verbal.

Comments

• Options
    steelheader2steelheader2 Member Posts: 367
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited December 2015
    Exactly Centennial has 3 db's committed to PAC 12 schools, just db's , bosco ol averages 321 including top jr ol in country
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,444
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

And want to jump on my ass for saying that the top teams (in particular) in places like California, Texas, and Florida will wipe the floor with the top teams from Washington, I offer up Centennial vs St John Bosco ... a game that is littered with D1 players including UW verbals in Sean McGrew for Bosco and Kentrell Love for Centennial, plus huge UW target Javon McKinley for Corona, where the speed, size, and talent for the players on the field is ridiculous. It's looking like 55-31 Centennial going into half. The RB for Centennial JJ Taylor (5'7" short shifty guy) is having a huge 1st half with 4 TDs ... he's an Arizona verbal.

Basketball?
  • Options
    steelheader2steelheader2 Member Posts: 367
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper Photogenic
    I go more by national rankings. Bellevue also got killed by Bishop Gorman this year. 35-7.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Not falling into the trap ...

The games where Bellevue/Skyline have played those schools has been at the beginning of the year ... I just don't think that when all the teams are seasoned that they are the same.
  • Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Passion said:

Tequilla said:

Ummm...hasn't bellevue beaten several top programs from texas and california in recent years? I also recall that Skyline played oaks christian down to the wire when both teams had several D1 prospects?

Simply going by which team has more 4-star recruits is falling into the trap that the scout.com rating system has set.
    Please tell me you are not comparing Oaks Christian to Bosco or Centennial.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,897
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Meek said:

Jesus Christ. Debating teen Boi teams?

Mods?
  • Options
    HuskyClawsHuskyClaws Member Posts: 1,170
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited December 2015
    Tequilla said:

The games where Bellevue/Skyline have played those schools has been at the beginning of the year ... I just don't think that when all the teams are seasoned that they are the same.

Do teams season differently in Texas versus Washington?
  • Options
    huskyfavrehuskyfavre Member Posts: 121
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Tequilla said:

Do teams season differently in Texas versus Washington?
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    There are a few teams that can hang nationally but if overall you think the state of Washington HS football is talented you are a fucking idiot.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

WA state is just as talented as you would expect for a state of its population.

Actually, maybe even more so, since it's a northern state. For example, it has less people than Illinois but produces more national ranked HS teams.

No one is saying it is overall better than Florida, Texas, or California....states with twice or more it's population

Tequilla FS

Like most northern states, Washington's small black population would put it at a big disadvantage if it weren't for the (relative) abundance of polys. Demographically it shapes up better than most states in the north thanks almost entirely to the polys.

Speaking of, did @DawgPassion206 ever show up in this bitch?