Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

A quick explanation on the failed experiment with Under the Radar

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,116
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
edited December 2015 in Hardcore Husky Board
Made a couple changes this morning.

First off, the Pac-12 Half Brains will now be known as College Football Forum. It has felt odd posting SEC stuff on the Pac-12 board, so I went ahead and expanded the umbrella.

Secondly, I replaced the Under the Radar logo and name with a generic recruiting name and pedo bear logo.

When I reached the agreement last year with former Huskies Charles Mincy and Donald Jones, we were all very excited for them to oversee the recruiting forum. They had their company, Under the Radar, and it seemed like a perfect mix with Hardcore Husky. During our initial discussions, I suggested to them that we wait a few weeks until we had everything in order before we proceeded. But Charles said that with great ideas it was important to strike right away, because often when action isn't taken right away the ideas tend to lose steam. So I agreed and made the preparations and created the new board.

Charles said he wanted to write a weekly column. I told him right away that it might entail more work and commitment than he realized. But he insisted that was going to be the plan.

Charles was the main key to this because Don is on the east coast and doesn't have the exposure to the west coast recruits like Charles.

Things started off okay, but right away Charles would not follow through on his commitments to write articles. I stayed on him for a bit and he wrote two pieces. But I gave up on him pretty quickly because it was clear he couldn't or wouldn't follow through.

Where my frustration grew steadily (behind the scenes) was with the action on the board. Within roughly 4 months, guys like DDY and CokeGreaterThanPepsi were carrying the recruiting board, and Charles was nowhere to be seen.

On two occasions I convened phone conferences with Chuck and Don to convey my frustration and concern. I asked if we should back out of this arrangement. Both times they said they were committed to doing this and Chuck said he would start making an effort. But the meetings had absolutely no effect, because Chuck again did not live up to his agreement and just disappeared.

When I was reaching a boiling point, they had James Christensen start posting on here, since he is a local Seattle guy who does video work for Don and Chuck. James even wrote an article on a recruit. But soon James stopped posting on here, telling Don that he found Hardcore Husky to be "overwhelming."

To his credit, Don started posting a weekly video of a "recruit of the week" just to maintain some sort of presence. But then I finally said to him about six weeks ago that there was no point in continuing that effort and we might as well discontinue the overall effort. I thanked Don for trying to be true to his word. Through all this, Chuck was MIA.

So I as of this morning I removed the UTR logo and changed the name of the forum. I am very grateful to guys like DDY, Cokehead and HereToBeatMyChest for their wonderful posts and information on the recruiting board. I do not follow recruiting and have little to add, so their posts are greatly appreciated as that board continues to thrive despite my grandiose plans that went awry.

Comments

• Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,538
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2015
    The lesson learned here is fuck recruiting boreds. Also, I see no point in having a separate husky football board. Might as well just make a single college football board.

Edit: Great logo choice. Classy.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,116
    Founders Club
    PurpleJ said:

The lesson learned here is fuck recruiting boreds. Also, I see no point in having a separate husky football board. Might as well just make a single college football board.

Edit: Great logo choice. Classy.

I've thought about that. But if the board grows we wouldn't want tons of other conference banter on our Husky board. But it's possible I'm getting ahead of myself.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye said:

whlinder said:

Does that mean we can curse on that board now?

Those who have donated. Membership has its advantages.
    Fuck yeah! Butler Cabin Faggots Unite! Suck it bitches!
    Free mother fucking pub!
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Grundle and myself can carry the recruiting bored, we got this. DJ is paying us in GIFs and server space.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    btw, i think your changes to College Football and Recruiting are a good move. Can you remove the FC and test category rooms at the bottom of the page now?
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,485
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Anyone who is overwhelmed by this bored is a cunt. Enough said on that. I'm working on a new name for that forum. I'll keep you posted.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter

Grundle and myself can carry the recruiting bored, we got this. DJ is paying us in GIFs and server space.

Free pub!!!¡
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Charles and Don are great Huskies.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    Mittel of da stoar?
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,118
    Founders Club
    Don't throw Don James poasters under the bus to make your current poasters look better
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    @Meek is in the Fight Club? LO fucking L.

@DerekJohnson Quick explanation? That was fucking Tequilla-esque.

Agree on making the Pac12 bored for all of CFB, except Huskies.

Agree on having a seperate TBS bored. I don't want to read that shit.

I know you value my opinion even though you will publicly deny it. The mutual respect we have is really nice. <3
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,451

Made a couple changes this morning.

First off, the Pac-12 Half Brains will now be known as College Football Forum. It has felt odd posting SEC stuff on the Pac-12 board, so I went ahead and expanded the umbrella.

Secondly, I replaced the Under the Radar logo and name with a generic recruiting name and pedo bear logo.

When I reached the agreement last year with former Huskies Charles Mincy and Donald Jones, we were all very excited for them to oversee the recruiting forum. They had their company, Under the Radar, and it seemed like a perfect mix with Hardcore Husky. During our initial discussions, I suggested to them that we wait a few weeks until we had everything in order before we proceeded. But Charles said that with great ideas it was important to strike right away, because often when action isn't taken right away the ideas tend to lose steam. So I agreed and made the preparations and created the new board.

Charles said he wanted to write a weekly column. I told him right away that it might entail more work and commitment than he realized. But he insisted that was going to be the plan.

Charles was the main key to this because Don is on the east coast and doesn't have the exposure to the west coast recruits like Charles.

Things started off okay, but right away Charles would not follow through on his commitments to write articles. I stayed on him for a bit and he wrote two pieces. But I gave up on him pretty quickly because it was clear he couldn't or wouldn't follow through.

Where my frustration grew steadily (behind the scenes) was with the action on the board. Within roughly 4 months, guys like DDY and CokeGreaterThanPepsi were carrying the recruiting board, and Charles was nowhere to be seen.

On two occasions I convened phone conferences with Chuck and Don to convey my frustration and concern. I asked if we should back out of this arrangement. Both times they said they were committed to doing this and Chuck said he would start making an effort. But the meetings had absolutely no effect, because Chuck again did not live up to his agreement and just disappeared.

When I was reaching a boiling point, they had James Christensen start posting on here, since he is a local Seattle guy who does video work for Don and Chuck. James even wrote an article on a recruit. But soon James stopped posting on here, telling Don that he found Hardcore Husky to be "overwhelming."

To his credit, Don started posting a weekly video of a "recruit of the week" just to maintain some sort of presence. But then I finally said to him about six weeks ago that there was no point in continuing that effort and we might as well discontinue the overall effort. I thanked Don for trying to be true to his word. Through all this, Chuck was MIA.

So I as of this morning I removed the UTR logo and changed the name of the forum. I am very grateful to guys like DDY, Cokehead and HereToBeatMyChest for their wonderful posts and information on the recruiting board. I do not follow recruiting and have little to add, so their posts are greatly appreciated as that board continues to thrive despite my grandiose plans that went awry.

You have emotions???