Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The Season is Over Recruiting and Football Podcast #1 - We're Number 9!

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

I want it known that I was fucking WAYYYYYSTED during that pod.

You weren't wasted off of Deep Ellum brew like I was though ... Uhhhhhhhhh
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Truly unique and enjoyable. You can take the direction of the cast a lot of different ways. If you ever do live call-ins i'll be the first to dial.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    HuskyInAZ said:

That was far from an introductory podcast. That was an audio production, and a damn good one. All of your voices sounded great. The stereo thing with your voices was awesome. Only complaint is the levels of the background music. But the music itself made me laugh a few times.

For the 1st 15 minutes or so, I didn't know who was @Dennis_DeYoung and who was @Tequilla. I'm past that now. On a related note, who put the muzzle on @Tequilla. I was expecting a handful of speeches. It never happened. Grab the fucking mic and show your stripes, big boy.

Great job to all 3 of you.

I'd say that less is more ... but who the fuck am I kidding ...

There will be ebbs and flows in the pod ... there will be parts where each of us have strong opinions that will carry the segments and others where the interaction between the other members is strong enough where knowing when to sit to the side is best ...

@CokeGreaterThanPepsi and @Dennis_DeYoung are far more TBS experts than I am ... not saying that I won't have opinions from time to time but that's their wheelhouse ...

When it comes to big picture items, having a plan, and general State of the Union stuff, that's where you'll probably get more from me. Considering that I was in route to traveling to the Baylor vs TCU game during the Apple Cup, they're both going to clearly have more opinions on the game than I would have given that they watched it versus I listened to it.

As has been mentioned a few times already, anytime you start something like this there's a learning curve that you hit as you try to figure out the rhythm and cadence to what you are doing. If Coke and DDY are making great points and all I have to add is "I agree" I'll let them go as it's more important to get that discussion ...

Appreciate the comments, feedback, and the listen. I'm being at least 81% serious when I say that I'm very happy with the first edition of the podcast ... we hit a lot of topics while also keeping it at least IMO light hearted and entertaining.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,118
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Super solid premier poodcast, discussion about the defense turning into headhunters got me all chubbed up

Looking forward to hearing the Pease reaction and if we can regroup and salvage the WR class

BTW hard 8 was a big deal 5+ years back, but the premium BBQ game in dallas has picked up. Pecan Lodge, Slow Bone, ten50, all the new hotness when it comes to brisket.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Did I get a shout out?
  • Options
    section8section8 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,581
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Great stuff guys, laughing out loud and getting strange looks from people on the plane.
  • Options
    UWerentThereManUWerentThereMan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,475
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Really great cast. Last night I may have been too hammed or it was my headphones but after 7 minutes I was shaking and nearly vomitting. However on on speakers it is much better this morning and the background musix is a nice compliment to the conversation.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I laughed at the 80s TBS Sports intro. Nice touch.

I'm not sure about the background music. The Bowie? song was cool though.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,236
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    Good job guys. Sounded like a radio version of Mystery Science Theater, very different from the other podcasts.
  • Options
    SarksbrownbaglunchSarksbrownbaglunch Member Posts: 189
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Who's the flamer? The gay is strong with one of these cats. Woof!
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,752
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Hard to relate to, for me. I clearly haven't consumed enough brain-benders in my life. Respect though. Quite a production for an inaugural podcast.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,507
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    There needs to be some kind of UW death panel with @Dennis_DeYoung in charge.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,095
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I liked the music in the background it just needs to be turned down a little so it doesn't compete with the conversation.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Hilarious and fascinatingly disturbing listen. I'm in. Tone down the Castlevania music though lol