Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

All joking aside

I'm actually worried about this game tomorrow. It has nothing to do with Illinois either.

The Huskies SHOULD win this game rather easily but on the road that isn't the case. I've seen Sark lose to far shittier opponents on the road than Illinois. Saw him blow the BYU game in 2010, Oregon State in 2011, and WSU last year. He had three shitty moments on the road in 2009 as well.

Even last year when they blew out Colorado the first half they were only up 7-0 at halftime against a lame ass opponent.

Last game vs Boise I was really confident as the Huskies were at home and I knew they weren't going to lose. I still think the Huskies are going to win but I think it's going to be an ugly non impressive game.

As always I hope I'm wrong but have a bad feeling about this one.

Comments

• unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    I was thinking the same thing and having doubts earlier this week. Sark is Sark, but the team is def better this year.

This is a 41-23 type game. Anything else would be uncivilized.
  • chrisvashonchrisvashon Member Posts: 627
    WSU was one of the worst teams in the country last year. Nothing is a sure thing until Sark proves that the days of playing down to less talented teams are over.

Luckily, UI is awful. So the bar isn't set high.
  • Despite what FleenorFS says I don't think Illinois is that good. I'm not at all worried about them but I'm more worried about Sark.

He's been stroked for two weeks straight how he's an offensive genius, his recruiting, how the program is back! I feel like we go through this every year then the Huskies lay an egg.

After the game you hear players and Sark go "We just took this team lightly and we'll learn from this mistake and it will never happen again" even though it does happen again every fucking year.

Their defense is terrible and we should drop 40 on them easily but I can see Sark blowing the game like he tried to do in the first half vs Boise with the failed RZ and his piss poor time management to end the half.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    I'm not too worried about Sark at the moment.

He knew things had to change this offseason and he knows that this is a make or brake year for his career. The new offense should be easily effective over 2/3 of the schedule. Its simplified and the players don't have to remember as much. Its better for Price and the OL. The WRs were a huge overlooked weakness last year and this year we don't have that problem.

This is an experienced team with enough talent to have a great season. If you are a player on this team last year, after getting blasted against LSU you know the best you could hope for is 7-8 wins. Presently, the players probably believe they have a legitimate shot to beat every team on the schedule.

The road struggles were a combo of factors....poor discipline from the top, lack of leadership, terrible defense, and a mediocre team naturally being worse on the road. The only question now is the discipline part and I'm hopeful Sark has changed has done something to get this team to focus the same as it does at home.

The WSU game is not a good comparison. WSU last year had a bizarre season with a handful of close losses and a handful of absurd blowouts. They lost to Stanford by 7, UCLA by 8, were down by 7 against OSU in the 4th and played Oregon tougher than nearly everyone. This is why I had a feeling we'd lose to them. They weren't going to mail it in like they did in the blowouts and we obviously were not better than those other teams. The loss was egregious because we blew an 18 point lead.

Illinois was a 2 win team last year bc their qb got hurt and their defense sucked. As far as I can tell, their D still sucks and has been awful in the 2nd half of games. And I don't see why their offense is any better than Boise's. I watched the 2nd half of the Cincy game and both defenses looked awful. The Cincy guys looked like they had shit in their pants they were moving so slow.

The thing I'd worry about is a slow start. Hopefully we can jump on them early and not let up. In any event, its only the second game of the season so LIFPO.
  • I'll let it play out but if we lose to Illinois I won't "let it play out". In fact I'll demand Sark be fired right then and there.

I hope you are right and I do feel like this is a game where UW should pull away.

However seeing our players tweeting til 1 a.m. Chicago time tells me the discipline in the program still isn't there. I know it's a small thing but it's something I could never see a Nick Saban, Chip Kelly, Brian Kelly or Jim L. Mora led team do.
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,293 Founders Club
    LIFPO. That's a statement, not a question.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419

I'll let it play out but if we lose to Illinois I won't "let it play out". In fact I'll demand Sark be fired right then and there.

I hope you are right and I do feel like this is a game where UW should pull away.

However seeing our players tweeting til 1 a.m. Chicago time tells me the discipline in the program still isn't there. I know it's a small thing but it's something I could never see a Nick Saban, Chip Kelly, Brian Kelly or Jim L. Mora led team do.

Agreed with all of this, and the 1am tweeting is seriously disturbing. What the fuck. Seriously...if Saban or the Kelly's saw that heads would fucking roll.
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,845 Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm sure no players on Alabama, Oregon, Notre Dame or Ucla ever text at 1 a.m. the night before a game.
  • Gladstone said:

I'll let it play out but if we lose to Illinois I won't "let it play out". In fact I'll demand Sark be fired right then and there.

Agreed with all of this, and the 1am tweeting is seriously disturbing. What the fuck. Seriously...if Saban or the Kelly's saw that heads would fucking roll.
    Like I said it's something small but Sark still runs a loose program. Even former players from the James/Lambo era have noticed that as well. Not to mention in their opening intro video they feature the lawnmower showing they learned nothing from their collapses in the Apple Cup and Bowl game.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,670 Founders Club

The game starts at 5 local time. It would be much worse if it started at 11 (am). As long as they're actually in the hotel room, it's something that I'm going to tolerate as long as there is winning...
  • I'll let it play out but if we lose to Illinois I won't "let it play out". In fact I'll demand Sark be fired right then and there.

The game starts at 5 local time. It would be much worse if it started at 11 (am). As long as they're actually in the hotel room, it's something that I'm going to tolerate as long as there is winning...
    If they are winning they can have hookers and blow on road trips and I wouldn't give a fuck.

The fact is though Sark is terrible on the road so these things do concern me.

Rick ran a loose program but he won a Rose Bowl in his second year so it was forgiven.