Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

If Smith had an unfortunate accident that prevented him from coaching -- who would we want as OC?

2»

Comments

• Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Why not go BOLD and hire the first female OC?

• Options
    Postal91Postal91 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,731
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I mentioned it a couple weeks back with the same question, but got the usual; He's a fruity pass first happy clown. We need a run-first sweatpants tent OC.

Glad to see the strokes have lost teeth on it now.

jecornel said:

Has anyone mentioned Beau Baldwin as a replacement for Smith?

He is known for being creative and runs a high powered offense.

Could be a good fit?

I don't think he's been mentioned.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Postal91 said:

I mentioned it a couple weeks back with the same question, but got the usual; He's a fruity pass first happy clown. We need a run-first sweatpants tent OC.

Glad to see the strokes have lost teeth on it now.

WHO?!
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537

Has anyone mentioned that EWU coach yet?

Are you asking about Brian Kelly or Brain Kelly? I think they are under a contract
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Houhusky said:

Has anyone mentioned that EWU coach yet?

Are you asking about Brian Kelly or Brain Kelly? I think they are under a contract
    Brian Cushing!
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,017
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    brian fuckin kelly and brian kelly
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,867
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Why not go BOLD and hire the first female OC?

I'm not sure if I should be proud and NTD, BB or if I should be shaking and about to vomit.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    If Smiff had an accident, what would be unfortunate about that?

Any accident he had would be a fortunate accident if you axe me.
  • Options
    ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Beau Baldwin == former CWU player and coach

Baldwin played college football at Central Washington University from 1990 to 1993. As a player, Baldwin was a two-time team captain and completed 121-of-197 passes for 1,655 yards and eight touchdowns. His career completion percentage of .614 is a school record. In a 38–35 win versus Simon Fraser in 1991, he set single-game school records for attempts (52), completions (32), yards (467), total plays (66) and total yards (550). He had a 6-yard touchdown pass with four seconds left to give the Wildcats the win. In his last two seasons, Baldwin served as the backup to Jon Kitna.

After college, Baldwin spent a short time playing semi-pro football in Sweden. He played in a league that allowed only two American players per team, and they were also required to serve as assistant coaches, giving Baldwin a springboard into his coaching career back in the United States.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Beau Baldwin == former CWU player and coach

Baldwin played college football at Central Washington University from 1990 to 1993. As a player, Baldwin was a two-time team captain and completed 121-of-197 passes for 1,655 yards and eight touchdowns. His career completion percentage of .614 is a school record. In a 38–35 win versus Simon Fraser in 1991, he set single-game school records for attempts (52), completions (32), yards (467), total plays (66) and total yards (550). He had a 6-yard touchdown pass with four seconds left to give the Wildcats the win. In his last two seasons, Baldwin served as the backup to Jon Kitna.

After college, Baldwin spent a short time playing semi-pro football in Sweden. He played in a league that allowed only two American players per team, and they were also required to serve as assistant coaches, giving Baldwin a springboard into his coaching career back in the United States.

Cool Baldwin bio, bro!
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Why not the best play caller in America?
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,847

Who started that rumor? Bleenor? Kupp ain't coming to UW. He's projected at around #22 wide receiver in this year's draft and would probably move up to #14 or #15 WR next year if he stayed in school. Not significant for the risk of injury.

His younger brother is also at EWU and that's the only reason he'd come back to college next year - to play with him.

But Baldwin to UW as OC makes loads of sense.

Its not a rumor. There is credible info that he's considering it (transfer to UW) but we cant divulge. Maybe in chat (faggotty wink wink)

That being said, he likely goes to the NFL.
    http://www.goeags.com/sports/m-footbl/2015-16/releases/15fbNov30KuppStaying

• Options
    dongmandongman Member Posts: 2,384
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Wulff just lost his unpaid assistant gig at Iowa state. With past gigs like WSU, EWU, Iowa st., 49ers, and USF you'd be a chump not to get him on the blower.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,867
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Who started that rumor? Bleenor? Kupp ain't coming to UW. He's projected at around #22 wide receiver in this year's draft and would probably move up to #14 or #15 WR next year if he stayed in school. Not significant for the risk of injury.

His younger brother is also at EWU and that's the only reason he'd come back to college next year - to play with him.

But Baldwin to UW as OC makes loads of sense.

Its not a rumor. There is credible info that he's considering it (transfer to UW) but we cant divulge. Maybe in chat (faggotty wink wink)

That being said, he likely goes to the NFL.
    http://www.goeags.com/sports/m-footbl/2015-16/releases/15fbNov30KuppStaying

That's depressing. I was really hoping we'd get a Wes Welker-type received on OUR? team.