Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jeff Bridges-Gadd

Our qb commit's team lost their state championship game on a last second missed field goal after Gadd took a Browning-esque sack at the end of the game instead of throwing it away.

In the game, though, Gadd had 454 all purpose yards (408 passing, 3 TDs, and 46 rushing). The rest of his team had -2 total yards. Of the 67 plays they ran, 65 were either Gadd passing or running.

The more I see of this kid, the more I like him better than any of the other Eason Plan B's we were looking at, except maybe Herbert but I haven't seen a lot of his stats.

He also has the look of a guy you could convert to WR if he doesn't work out at QB

Comments

• Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited November 2015
    I have no idea how hard he works, his intelligence, or the quality of his mechanics.

But his deep ball is already more accurate than browning. Watch the long throws he makes at the 1:20, 2:30, and 2:51 marks of his junior highlight film.

http://hudl.com/athlete/2098046/highlights/181827376/v2

Of course, any attempted analysis of this tape is FS since I'm sure they wouldn't include plays where he completely overthrew his WRs.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited November 2015
    Doogles said:

Browning's deep ball was perfect in high school too. That's been the one thing that has been disappointing for me regarding Browning. He's missed some deep throws I expected him to hit.

The brownsocks thing is overblown. A true frosh on the run is going to make mistakes. If he continues to not make those plays going forward than the nick name has more merit.

TLDR: All these kids look good in High school with zero pressure and full confidence. Doesn't mean anything until they do it with the azeem victor's of the world pointing you out and talking shit.

Massive disagree. Browning's deep balls looked like shit in HS and was a part of my not being sloppy over his stats.

Jeff Bridges has a way better deep ball than Jake.

Our coaches love Jakey because he is super 'cerebral'. They want the QB to basically call many of the plays on the field out of a few options. They want to put the entire thing on the QB's plate.

They want accuracy in the long game, sure, but they are trying to get Kellen Moore redux.

That's kind of unusual these days; most coaches just want QBs to execute plays and maybe give extra trust during the final year of his career.

Jakey is the kind of kid they want. It's the reason why Williams didn't fit their mold and why Bridges does.

If you go back and look at Jake's HS footage he looked the exact same as he did this year: does great at placing balls on midrange routes so that they are catchable primarily by the WR, out of harm's way and generally lead the WR into the right part of the field.

On long passes, he threw wobbly bullshit passes that needed adjustment by the WR, but usually Folsom was destroying teams, so it wasn't a big deal.

I don't know if I'd say I like Jake less than I like Bridges, but to me, they are similar guys coming out of HS. They all have talent. But aren't world beaters.

Skinny Eason is the only QB I've seen recently (UW prospect) that I've felt like could actually start and win as a frosh.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,523
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Yeah I did expect Browning to start hitting those deep balls by the end of the season. If it carries over into next year, it will definitely be a worry.

So is the conventional wisdom that Eason sticks with Georgia if he likes the new coach?

Doogles said:

Browning's deep ball was perfect in high school too. That's been the one thing that has been disappointing for me regarding Browning. He's missed some deep throws I expected him to hit.

The brownsocks thing is overblown. A true frosh on the run is going to make mistakes. If he continues to not make those plays going forward than the nick name has more merit.

TLDR: All these kids look good in High school with zero pressure and full confidence. Doesn't mean anything until they do it with the azeem victor's of the world pointing you out and talking shit.

Massive disagree. Browning's deep balls looked like shit in HS and was a part of my not being sloppy over his stats.

Jeff Bridges has a way better deep ball than Jake.

Our coaches love Jakey because he is super 'cerebral'. They want the QB to basically call many of the plays on the field out of a few options. They want to put the entire thing on the QB's plate.

They want accuracy in the long game, sure, but they are trying to get Kellen Moore redux.

That's kind of unusual these days; most coaches just want QBs to execute plays and maybe give extra trust during the final year of his career.

Jakey is the kind of kid they want. It's the reason why Williams didn't fit their mold and why Bridges does.

If you go back and look at Jake's HS footage he looked the exact same as he did this year: does great at placing balls on midrange routes so that they are catchable primarily by the WR, out of harm's way and generally lead the WR into the right part of the field.

On long passes, he threw wobbly bullshit passes that needed adjustment by the WR, but usually Folsom was destroying teams, so it wasn't a big deal.

I don't know if I'd say I like Jake less than I like Bridges, but to me, they are similar guys coming out of HS. They all have talent. But aren't world beaters.

Skinny Eason is the only QB I've seen recently (UW prospect) that I've felt like could actually start and win as a frosh.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    He'll either stick with them or go to Michigan or some other blue blood.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,708

Our qb commit's team lost their state championship game on a last second missed field goal after Gadd took a Browning-esque sack at the end of the game instead of throwing it away.

In the game, though, Gadd had 454 all purpose yards (408 passing, 3 TDs, and 46 rushing). The rest of his team had -2 total yards. Of the 67 plays they ran, 65 were either Gadd passing or running.

The more I see of this kid, the more I like him better than any of the other Eason Plan B's we were looking at, except maybe Herbert but I haven't seen a lot of his stats.

He also has the look of a guy you could convert to WR if he doesn't work out at QB

Is this a guess the doogman poster thread? I like those. I will go with purpledoogfan.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

He'll either stick with them or go to Michigan or some other blue blood.

#MyIrish would be cool
  • Options
    I like you bananas but c'mon this is a ridiculous sunshine pumping post for our plan Z QB recruit (I do like him better than a lot of the other guys we were after.)

The topper for me is that you refer to seeing this kid but you only talk about stats and narrative. And then you refer to Herbert's stats. So are you watching his tape or high school box scores?

Very PDF-esque.
  • Options
    Bahaha, fair enough.
  • Options
    pat_hmpat_hm Member Posts: 941
    I think Jake Browning is going to be fine. When comparing his first full season as a freshman to Andrew Luck and Jared Goff's true freshmen seasons, Browning was comparable.

Browning Luck Goff
    Pct 62.7 56.3 60.4
    Yds 2671 2575 3508
    TD 16 13 18
    Int 10 4 10
    Rating 139.5 143.5 123.4

The most concerning stat is his 10 interceptions but that will improve as he becomes more comfortable with coverages that are being disguised and thrown at him. He missed a few deep balls, it happens. I don't see it as a long term problem. John Ross should be able to get underneath a few more of them next year as opposed to Mickens. It's a hurdle he should overcome heading into his sophomore year. I like the direction that the offense is heading.

If feels like the ship has sailed with Eason. Too bad.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,592
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    I have to admit his arm looks better than Browning's.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    pat_hm said:

I think Jake Browning is going to be fine. When comparing his first full season as a freshman to Andrew Luck and Jared Goff's true freshmen seasons, Browning was comparable.

Browning Luck Goff
    Pct 62.7 56.3 60.4
    Yds 2671 2575 3508
    TD 16 13 18
    Int 10 4 10
    Rating 139.5 143.5 123.4

The most concerning stat is his 10 interceptions but that will improve as he becomes more comfortable with coverages that are being disguised and thrown at him. He missed a few deep balls, it happens. I don't see it as a long term problem. John Ross should be able to get underneath a few more of them next year as opposed to Mickens. It's a hurdle he should overcome heading into his sophomore year. I like the direction that the offense is heading.

Cyler's stats look good too. Stats are for fucking losers.
  • Options
    79smoothdawg79smoothdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 709
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

pat_hm said:

Browning Luck Goff
    Pct 62.7 56.3 60.4
    Yds 2671 2575 3508
    TD 16 13 18
    Int 10 4 10
    Rating 139.5 143.5 123.4

Cyler's stats look good too. Stats are for fucking losers.
    Stats are also used for the HOF. Just sayin
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    jecornel said:

I have to admit his arm looks better than Browning's.

Uncle Rico throws a better deep ball than Cobra Brownsocks.
  • Options
    BayDawgBayDawg Member Posts: 1,623
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    edited December 2015
    And looks like he may knock over a liquer store when he leaves.