Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

this team would be a lot fucking better

PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,581
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Founders Club
If Pete moved Daniels and Warrrshngton to wide receiver

Comments

• Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,529
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    People forget that Lavon Coleman is a better running back than DWarsh.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited November 2015

If Pete moved Daniels and Warrrshngton to wide receiver

The one quick out to Daryl Daniels (Grundle please make a GIF) clearly showed he was our best WR all season long. Sample was the best tight end. Can we get back to Tight ends that block first kick ass second and catch down the middle third. please PM to Smith FS. Move Daniels back to WR please, let Sample block some fuckers for Gaskin, and Danile's block from the WR position.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Warshington is terrible at everything except for breaking huge runs against shitty opponents and fumbling against good ones (or not so good ones; #illinois).

Daniels needs to basically be the offense next year. I don't know what the fuck was going on this year, but next year targets should be:

1. Daniels
    2. Ross
    3. Pettis
    4. Renfro
    5. Sample
    6. Lenius
    7. McClatcher

I'd rather throw a bit more to Daniels than Ross, but not by much. He's not as much of a weapon, but he's damn good.
  • Options

Warshington is terrible at everything except for breaking huge runs against shitty opponents and fumbling against good ones (or not so good ones; #illinois).

Daniels needs to basically be the offense next year. I don't know what the fuck was going on this year, but next year targets should be:

1. Daniels
    2. Ross
    3. Pettis
    4. Renfro
    5. Sample
    6. Lenius
    7. McClatcher

I'd rather throw a bit more to Daniels than Ross, but not by much. He's not as much of a weapon, but he's damn good.

Only because Cobra's long ball is weak and Ross's long game is strong. Although I imagine Daniel's threat and blocking ability instantly improves Smith's Bubble screen game
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

1. Daniels
    2. Ross
    3. Pettis
    4. Renfro
    5. Sample
    6. Lenius
    7. McClatcher

This.

Run Gaskin. Throw Daniels. Run Gaskin. Throw Ross. Run Gaskin. Run Gaskin.

LRR
  • Options

1. Daniels
    2. Ross
    3. Pettis
    4. Renfro
    5. Sample
    6. Lenius
    7. McClatcher

Only because Cobra's long ball is weak and Ross's long game is strong. Although I imagine Daniel's threat and blocking ability instantly improves Smith's Bubble screen game
    Sort of my point... Brownsocks is shit down-field. He's got a fucking noodle arm anyway. He's a guy that could run a west-coast offense very effectively.

Ross is going to have to get a lot of WR-screens and slants next year.

The problem is BabushkaFS won't adjust and keep throwing 4 pointless deep balls per game where Ross is running by himself and Jakey throws it too long/to short.

Fuck we could really use String next year.
  • Options
    priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,036
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Pettis was pretty quiet this year...he's prob just too small to be a full-time starter, he wasn't getting as open as he was last year. I think Daniels needs to work on his speed and maybe replace him. Maybe Pettis had injuries - why he played slower this year.

The only hope D. Washington has for the NFL is to switch to WR. Be the next Paul Arnold...

Ross, Washington, and that Cooper Kupp transfer sound like a decent starting group for next year.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Wait...cooper kupp is transferring to uw?
  • Options

Wait...cooper kupp is transferring to uw?

There's been a rumor he might be looking at it. He's honestly exactly what we need on offense. He would be basically the String role... big, physical, tough WR to compliment Ross.

Fuck, when Ross LEAVEs we are so fucked. Our WR recroooooooting is shit, too.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Brownings deep ball will be fine for Ross who has the speed to get to overthrows. Ross has gained 13 lbs which should help his game. Pettis is reliable in the middle of the field but continues to drop the longer throws towards the sidelines.

Hope Daniels will have a breakout year next year.

Getting Kupp would be a god send. Could be the difference between winning the north or not.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    If we get cooper kupp we are winning the North rather easily, say 11 and 1?
  • Options

Brownings deep ball will be fine for Ross who has the speed to get to overthrows. Ross has gained 13 lbs which should help his game. Pettis is reliable in the middle of the field but continues to drop the longer throws towards the sidelines.

Hope Daniels will have a breakout year next year.

Getting Kupp would be a god send. Could be the difference between winning the north or not.

It's hard to gauge Browning's ability for improvement. He doesn't have a great arm and throws a wobbly ball. I doubt he ever deep-balls well. Ross can't necessarily save him in my view. His deep balls are really, really inaccurate.

On the plus side he is really, really good at placing balls in the mid-range pass game. Both over the middle and to the sideline. This is one reason why guys like Daniels, Renfro and Lenius are going to be better for him, because they give more range for ball-placing (el oh el).

You can see his propensity for elevating the whole offense with his play. He's got a great vibe and good leadership qualities as well.

The serious issue with him is whether his struggles under pressure are actually choking or just getting brain-lock. I suspect it's more the second than the first, but it's an open question.

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Is Cooper Kupp a Wes Welker type receiver?

Real lunch pail type I'm hearing. Pisses purple and shits gold.
  • Options
    edited November 2015

If we get cooper kupp we are winning the North rather easily, say 11 and 1?

Kupp and Daniels at WR with Ross in the Slot, Sample at Tight End, Gaskin and Browning. That's easily an 11 win offense at Stanford or Oregon. Coaches need to win or GTFO