Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Do these stats give you hope, or piss you off?

2»

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Lambright is a really interesting case study of a coach ...

Hired to preserve continuity he coaches through a couple of probation years highlighted by a win at Miami to break a 58 game home winning streak ...

Starting in 1995 going through 1997, it's a glass half full or empty approach to whether he was succeeding or not. In '95, tied for the conference title on the full side ... on the empty side it was the 21-0 come from ahead tie against USC followed the next week by losing at home to Oregon. In '96, a season opening loss to Arizona State was the only blemish in the conference. In '97, entered November with a chance to win the conference before going on a 3 game losing streak to end the year with an unexplainable loss to Oregon at home before losing to 1-loss conference co-champions in UCLA and Washington State.

A lot of the bullet points used against Lambright were there in 1998 with another 3 game losing streak at the back end of the season combined with another disturbing trend of getting slaughtered on the road in non-conference games with the 55-7 beat down in Lincoln. Another big strike against Lambright was his record against Oregon in 6 years: 2-4.

One could argue that the lean year in '98 as well as the end of '97 was contributed by the scholarship reductions that were against the '93 and '94 classes causing some depth issues and younger players having to play than ideal when injuries hit. The recruiting classes of '96 through '98 classes contributed greatly to the 2000 Rose Bowl team.

Not that the decision to move on to Lambo wasn't the right thing to do and that the plight since has been more of the function of making average to poor hires since then leading up to Petersen (jury still out on), but if you're going through the exercise of ranking the UW coaches from Lambo to Slick to Gilby to Tyrone to Seven (depressing list to type) ... Lambo doesn't look so bad in hindsight.

It's an interesting consideration when looking at what is going on at LSU as well. There's a risk on one hand of firing a coach that has proven an ability to be successful but has had a down or underachieving year regarding what your future could look at. But on the other hand, if said coach has lost the team in the locker room (which for Lambo was at least a distinct possibility/probability from what I've heard over the years), then you have no choice but to make a change.
  • Options
    ExtraChrisBExtraChrisB Member Posts: 1,810
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Good points ya'll! I won't pull Peterman's "We never look at stats" cesspool of Bull Shit lies, but to me... with this game... it never fucking does!

No matter Purple or Red (burgandy or whatever those cheese dick motherfuckers use these days), this is a fucking CIVIL WAR and if we don't win, well... stick a hot coal down my peel hole. Then I have to look at slutty Wazzu graduates cunt smiling like they just got spit roasted by a few basketball players on a weekday night. Fuck!

Cobra Commander better defend his HH God Given name and show up with the crew!

Micken's more than likely Storm Shadow, always stroking the other team and playing grabass after the game.

NYBE
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Doog talking points? I talk, I make significant points but
    im hardly a doog. Race you're skating on thin ice, a sport youre very familiar with. Best just not piss off puppy, ill be forced to run you and your comic books on outta here.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited November 2015

I talk, I make significant points but
    im hardly a doog.
    Race you're skating on thin ice, a sport youre very familiar with. Best just not piss off puppy, ill be forced to run you and your comic books on outta here.

Huh?

Self awareness for $500, Alex.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Passion said:

Washington is the only team in the Pac-12 that has scored more points than its opponents, but still has a losing record:
    - Versus Pac-12 Opponents: Points scored: 216. Points allowed: 170.
    - Versus ALL Opponents: Points scored: 309. Points allowed: 203.

Sorry, but this pisses me off. We should have 8 or 9 wins. I think Kawasaki should be allowed to get in his car and run over jonathan smith.

Link: espn.go.com/college-football/standings/_/group/9

Except you you are +91 in 2 games.

2 games.

Shit poast.

Shit poaster.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    salemcoog said:

Passion said:

Washington is the only team in the Pac-12 that has scored more points than its opponents, but still has a losing record:
    - Versus Pac-12 Opponents: Points scored: 216. Points allowed: 170.
    - Versus ALL Opponents: Points scored: 309. Points allowed: 203.

Sorry, but this pisses me off. We should have 8 or 9 wins. I think Kawasaki should be allowed to get in his car and run over jonathan smith.

Link: espn.go.com/college-football/standings/_/group/9

Except you you are +91 in 2 games.

2 games.

Shit poast.

Shit poaster.
    Beating up patsies and shitting the bed in big games is UW football. You've known this @salemcoog.

Is it hard?

• Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Doog talking points? I talk, I make significant points but
    im hardly a doog. Race you're skating on thin ice, a sport youre very familiar with. Best just not piss off puppy, ill be forced to run you and your comic books on outta here.

You're the king doog.

HTH
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    How am I run anything? I dont know!
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

And the most pre-season predictable. You Passion, of course still live in 1990 and expect the 1991 team to come out of fall camp EVERY fucking year!!!! Ive been backhanding you on these forums, about this topic, for somewhere around 20 years, and im not that far off when it comes to your buttlickerd expectations. Fyi, I have nothing against you. I really appreciate you as an ardent husky supporter. However, when your dedication leads toward smacking down the head coach, I take exception.

Petersen is thee fucking best head coach we could ever get. It's year 2. You ought know way better.

Lets see where your buddy Lambo was in year 4 and Petersen will be in year 4. Deal?

Lambo was living off of Don James players you butthuffer. He coached the team out of two Rose Bowls (95 and 97). When the team was all his guys (1998) it was substantially worse.
    What's more is that Rick got here and coached Lambo's guys way better than Lambo ever did.

When Rick finally got his guys...