Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Do these stats give you hope, or piss you off?

PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
edited November 2015 in Hardcore Husky Board
Washington is the only team in the Pac-12 that has scored more points than its opponents, but still has a losing record:
- Versus Pac-12 Opponents: Points scored: 216. Points allowed: 170.
- Versus ALL Opponents: Points scored: 309. Points allowed: 203.

Sorry, but this pisses me off. We should have 8 or 9 wins. I think Kawasaki should be allowed to get in his car and run over jonathan smith.

Link: espn.go.com/college-football/standings/_/group/9

Comments

• Options
    DardanusDardanus Member Posts: 2,623
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    So UW scores more points in scrimmages than they do against real teams. I don't see how this stat means anything.
  • Options
    Dardanus said:

So UW scores more points in scrimmages than they do against real teams. I don't see how this stat means anything.

Well, other teams have scrimmages too, so it means something.
  • Options
    DardanusDardanus Member Posts: 2,623
    Passion said:

Dardanus said:

Ok. It means we score more points in our scrimmages and keep our losses closer in point differential.
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Passion said:

Washington is the only team in the Pac-12 that has scored more points than its opponents, but still has a losing record:

Sorry, but this pisses me off. We should have 8 or 9 wins. I think Kawasaki should be allowed to get in his car and run over jonathan smith. get the fuck out of seattle

• Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,091
    Passion said:

Dardanus said:

No, their scrimmages have nothing to do with their games against us. This just reflects the huge margins of victory against Arizona and Oregon State.

Anyways, in terms of hope and pissing me off - abundance.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Oregon State is absolutely horrible and Arizona barely even showed up. Those two games are the reason for the point differential.

We still suck and lost to Cal, blew a 17-0 lead against ASU, and blew it every single time except USC when the game was on the line.

This was pretty much exactly what I was going to say ... particularly the Oregon St and Arizona parts that account for the majority of our point differential.

The part that pisses me off this year is that our record in close games is putrid ... which is the same as last year. In a lot of the losses, you can look to short comings from the offense whether it be the play calling from Babushka to youth on the OL and QB positions, lack of outside talent at WR, or lack of experienced leadership on offense to help guide the younger players when it comes to finishing drives or games.

Let's see what happens on Friday. While pulling out at least one of Utah and ASU would have been encouraging, one thing that does make me feel optimistic is that 2 of the 4 better performances that we've strung together on offense were the Arizona and Oregon State games. Even in the Utah and ASU losses, turnovers aside, the offense performed reasonably well with 381 yards of offense against Utah (Browning 23 of 39 for 257 and both Gaskin/Washington having decent ypc games against one of the better defenses in the conference) and 547 yards of offense against ASU (Browning 28 of 52 for 405, with a ton of drops and Gaskin once again having a strong ypc game aided by a few chunk runs).

The production is starting to be there on a consistent basis. Let's see if the added execution can be combined with finishing drives and finishing the game in the 4th quarter. That'd be a really good note to finish off the regular season on.
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Passion said:

Sorry, but this pisses me off. We should have 8 or 9 wins. I think Kawasaki should be allowed to get in his car and run over jonathan smith.

Passion, when Browning has a stable of D-1 WR's and TE's, a veteren offebsive line id expect that some of those "points" you speak of will be at critical times in games vs the better conference teams like Oregon, Stanford, USC, UCLA, ASU etc...

You, and 95% of the tards here, are taking silly stats like these out of context. How about Browning and the oline completing 3rd-down conversions, td's-fg's at critical times, not turning ball over and running football when it counts against REAL pac12 opponents. You're taking meaningless math from opponents like Utah st, Sac st, Arizona, USC, Oregon st etc...while ignoring the stats in games vs Oregon, Stanford, Utah, Cal, BSU in your conclusion. All games where Browning and a very young team struggled.

Next year those youthful mistakes will be farther and fewer in between, and those points you took out of context, will be spread out against the better competition, NOT just Sac St and OSU.

Youre a veteran Passion, I expect better from you. You sound like a gimme-gimmie new fish fan who ecpects wins out of thin air. Wins will come with experience and coaching. You panty waists expect miracles. Just fuck yourselves and hope this team gets 15 extra bowl practices. They need it.

8-9 wins this year is th e most fuctarded thing ive ever heard. Puppy said 4-6 wins this year with Browning (said it in spring). We're right on schedule.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Defense has given us a shot in every game....save for maybe Stanford.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    HuskyJW said:

Defense gave us a shot in that game if we would have had QB play.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,554
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

HuskyJW said:

Defense gave us a shot in that game if we would have had QB play.
    This, the game was still within reach at halftime and we had 0 offense
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    Tequilla said:

Oregon State is absolutely horrible and Arizona barely even showed up. Those two games are the reason for the point differential.

We still suck and lost to Cal, blew a 17-0 lead against ASU, and blew it every single time except USC when the game was on the line.

This was pretty much exactly what I was going to say ... particularly the Oregon St and Arizona parts that account for the majority of our point differential.

The part that pisses me off this year is that our record in close games is putrid ... which is the same as last year. In a lot of the losses, you can look to short comings from the offense whether it be the play calling from Babushka to youth on the OL and QB positions, lack of outside talent at WR, or lack of experienced leadership on offense to help guide the younger players when it comes to finishing drives or games.

Let's see what happens on Friday. While pulling out at least one of Utah and ASU would have been encouraging, one thing that does make me feel optimistic is that 2 of the 4 better performances that we've strung together on offense were the Arizona and Oregon State games. Even in the Utah and ASU losses, turnovers aside, the offense performed reasonably well with 381 yards of offense against Utah (Browning 23 of 39 for 257 and both Gaskin/Washington having decent ypc games against one of the better defenses in the conference) and 547 yards of offense against ASU (Browning 28 of 52 for 405, with a ton of drops and Gaskin once again having a strong ypc game aided by a few chunk runs).

The production is starting to be there on a consistent basis. Let's see if the added execution can be combined with finishing drives and finishing the game in the 4th quarter. That'd be a really good note to finish off the regular season on.
    Why not just end it there?

Jesus...
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    It doesn't do anything for me
  • Options
    Good points ya'll! I won't pull Peterman's "We never look at stats" cesspool of Bull Shit lies, but to me... with this game... it never fucking does!

No matter Purple or Red (burgandy or whatever those cheese dick motherfuckers use these days), this is a fucking CIVIL WAR and if we don't win, well... stick a hot coal down my peel hole. Then I have to look at slutty Wazzu graduates cunt smiling like they just got spit roasted by a few basketball players on a weekday night. Fuck!

Cobra Commander better defend his HH God Given name and show up with the crew!

Micken's more than likely Storm Shadow, always stroking the other team and playing grabass after the game.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Dardanus said:

Passion said:

Dardanus said:

Ok. It means we score more points in our scrimmages and keep our losses closer in point differential.
    Yes, that's the fucking point. We've managed to blow almost every close game we've had this year.
  • Options
    edited November 2015

Other teams with a positive point differential also enjoyed blowouts. The interesting (or depressing) stat is that we're the only team with a losing record.
  • Options
    Passion said:

Other teams with a positive point differential also enjoyed blowouts. The interesting (or depressing) stat is that we're the only team with a losing record.
    And the youngest too
  • Options
    And the most pre-season predictable. You Passion, of course still live in 1990 and expect the 1991 team to come out of fall camp EVERY fucking year!!!! Ive been backhanding you on these forums, about this topic, for somewhere around 20 years, and im not that far off when it comes to your buttlickerd expectations. Fyi, I have nothing against you. I really appreciate you as an ardent husky supporter. However, when your dedication leads toward smacking down the head coach, I take exception.

Petersen is thee fucking best head coach we could ever get. It's year 2. You ought know way better.

Lets see where your buddy Lambo was in year 4 and Petersen will be in year 4. Deal?