Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Can't say that I'm surprised by it at this point ... will be interesting to see where he goes.

Bad news from a UW standpoint is that it's very possible that Coach O may head back to USC
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

Can't say that I'm surprised by it at this point ... will be interesting to see where he goes.

Bad news from a UW standpoint is that it's very possible that Coach O may head back to USC

as a HC or as an assistant? If the former, yay! If the latter, fuck!
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    LSU cares about football. 7 out of 11 years were 10 win. Last year was 8-5, now they are 7-3. Now it's door. Ass. Out.

And Chip Kelley goes to USC. No way would he go to the SEC.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

Or not...

I'm not surprised you're not surprised.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Tequilla said:

He has 15 million reasons to retire.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited November 2015
    110-32

2 National Title Game Appearances
    1 National Title Game Win
    1 Sugar Bowl win
    2 SEC Titles
    8-5 is absolute worst season

Amazing that he'd get fired unless there is more going on behind the scenes.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,240
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    Gladstone said:

110-32

1 Sugar Bowl win
    2 SEC Titles

Amazing.

SEC SEC SEC etc. ... and Nebraska says hi
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I think it will work out for LSU, but I agree that Miles would be a great hire at another school. I don't blame LSU at all for firing him though. I can see how it's a firing Don James in the late 80's type of scenario, but the same problems have been problems for long enough that a change isn't crazy. Not to mention the team quit as soon as they lost to Alabama this year.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Gladstone said:

110-32

1 Sugar Bowl win
    2 SEC Titles

Amazing that he'd get fired unless there is more going on behind the scenes.

What's going on behind the scenes?

• Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited November 2015

I think it will work out for LSU, but I agree that Miles would be a great hire at another school. I don't blame LSU at all for firing him though. I can see how it's a firing Don James in the late 80's type of scenario, but the same problems have been problems for long enough that a change isn't crazy. Not to mention the team quit as soon as they lost to Alabama this year.

They better get it fucking right though. Leu sucked for generations before saban. Les isn't Saban. But if they are not hiring a Saban type this is pretty risky. He has kept them a high level. I like the idea of turning up the heat and I bet they improve over the next few years but this doesn't seem to be playing out good for les.
    Some big swinging dick boosters must have someone in mind. I have no idea who it would be. Fisher would be crazy to leave fsu.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    You think Nebraska regrets letting go of Solich after 9-3?

Nothing is guaranteed, especially regime change.

Finding a new coach is hard.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,610
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Dumb fucking move
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,240
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

They better get it fucking right though. Leu sucked for generations before saban. Les isn't Saban. But if they are not hiring a Saban type this is pretty risky. He has kept them a high level. I like the idea of turning up the heat and I bet they improve over the next few years but this doesn't seem to be playing out good for les.
    Some big swinging dick boosters must have someone in mind. I have no idea who it would be. Fisher would be crazy to leave fsu.
    Therein lies the rub. They have money and are among the top programs in the nation's most elite college football conference. They will attract talented coaches and will be alright if they choose wisely, but that is easier said than done. Oklahoma, Nebraska, USC, Notre Dame, and Alabama, all top programs that have struggled to find the right coach at times. That said, expectations at LSU are sky high post Saban. 8-5 doesn't cut it, they are prepared to cycle through coaches until they get the right guy in there. Who knows, maybe Chip Kelly (75k) ends up there after Philly fires his (75k) ass.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Has anybody asked Bleenor yet? Didn't think so.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Here's the thing with LSU and Miles ...

Miles recruits his ass off ... by all accounts he does a lot of things well and says all the right things about him and the kids in his program. He's not against putting punishments in place for players that fuck around and I truly do think that he's the kind of coach that will do the right thing for the kid/team ahead of what the cost might be in the W/L column.

As a coach, he's definitely above average. I'm not sure what some of the issues are with his coordinators but that's probably been the biggest thing to hold LSU back in some of the more recent years (particularly on offense).

The hate for Saban and Bama is huge at LSU ... it's pretty much all they think about outside of who is this week's "Tiger Bait." If Saban wasn't running off 11+ win seasons and beating LSU each year, I don't think you are hearing as much noise about Les. But Saban is so you are.

It's interesting to me that Fisher is the name talked about as Miles's possible replacement because if he's shown anything in the last few years it is that his inmates kind of run the asylum. It fits the narrative here because the only reason you'd fire Les Miles is because he's not winning the 1-2 games a year that you want him to win. LSU is essentially selling their soul to try to get someone in that can and will.

I'd imagine that LSU supporters are also looking at Les being 62 or whatever he is and saying that he doesn't have much longer anyway so better to do this sooner than later. But it's a slippery slope that they are navigating with potentially dangerous consequences.