Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Why don't congressional Republicans authorize action against ISIS?

2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
https://www.yahoo.com/politics/why-congress-wont-vote-on-the-war-against-the-193503398.html

One senior Senate Democratic aide suggested that members are very aware of their history on AUMF votes, particularly those who continue to feel stung by being on the record as supporting the Iraq War before the nation as a whole came to consider that intervention a mistake. Given that, not everyone is eager to vote on an AUMF again.

“These votes are difficult and complex, and folks have a natural aversion to them. This one is particularly tricky because it’s next to impossible to find the sweet spot on the sliding scale between people who want a narrow, tailored specific mission and people who want open-ended, robust missions,” said the aide.

“No one has been able to figure out where there are 60 votes in the Senate. Nobody — not the administration, not Democrats, not Republicans, nobody — has put forward language that has the votes to pass,” the aide continued, noting that Republicans want presidents to have near unlimited power while Democrats oppose “mission creep and indefinite war.” Nothing about that partisan difference in outlook has changed in the days since the Paris attacks.

Comments

• 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

Obama is a pussy. Why hasn't he asked?

Blame and deflect.

In the same article:

Obama sent Congress a draft AUMF early this year, and the White House has repeatedly signaled that it is open to “reasonable” alterations, including language that would make the new legislation the only source of presidential authority for taking on IS. It landed with a thud, and the president hasn’t shown much inclination to try to nudge it back to life.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2015/02/11/letter-president-authorization-use-united-states-armed-forces-connection
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499
    Liberool post o' the day!

Blame others for Obama failure #Script

I would vote against force with Obama making the rules of engagement. He's got more troops killed than W with his fucked up rules.

Wait what? Obama killed more troops???

Besides that.... Ok, you don't like Obama's plan. Republicans and internet tough guys like you scream about Obama not going to war. What about this. Where's the Republican plan??? Why don't they agree and put forth a bill to Obama?
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,555 Founders Club
    2001400ex said:

I would vote against force with Obama making the rules of engagement. He's got more troops killed than W with his fucked up rules.

Besides that.... Ok, you don't like Obama's plan. Republicans and internet tough guys like you scream about Obama not going to war. What about this. Where's the Republican plan??? Why don't they agree and put forth a bill to Obama?
    So you praise him when he's given the Nobel Peace prize and then you praise him when he's a War monger...sounds like you love ham sandwich.
    Doogles said:

2001400ex said:

So you praise him when he's given the Nobel Peace prize and then you praise him when he's a War monger...sounds like you love ham sandwich.
    You clearly don't get it.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,867 Founders Club
    2001400ex said:

Got a link? I clearly said I do not want any military action with Obama as CIC. He is CIC you know.

I don't recall FDR waiting around for a bill to be proposed. He went to Congress and asked for a declaration. Same way W laid out his case and got Congress to approve.

It's called leadership.

And yes, far more American troops in Afghanistan have been killed under Obama's watch than under W. Take the dick out of your mouth and get educated.

Are we done here?
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,083 Founders Club
    Why can't Obama just drag us into a racist unfunded, unconstitutional war like BUSH!!!!???
    edited November 2015

2001400ex said:

Got a link? I clearly said I do not want any military action with Obama as CIC. He is CIC you know.

I don't recall FDR waiting around for a bill to be proposed. He went to Congress and asked for a declaration. Same way W laid out his case and got Congress to approve.

It's called leadership.

And yes, far more American troops in Afghanistan have been killed under Obama's watch than under W. Take the dick out of your mouth and get educated.

Are we done here?
    Why do you hate Iraq? Are you really the gullible? Or you trying to wooosh me?

So let me get this straight. You call Obama a pussy for doing nothing and not going to war against ISIS. I show you the bill he sent to Congress asking for authorization and an article with quotes by Republicans on why they won't.

Now..... You just moved the goal posts and said you don't want action under Obama. But.... For arguments sake, here's exactly what Obama has done as president:

Over the past 16 months, Kaine said, the United States has carried nearly 6,300 airstrikes, at a cost of $5 billion, or $11 million per day, to push Islamic State out of sections of Iraq and Syria.

You appear very uneducated right now.
  • Halal_DawgHalal_Dawg Member Posts: 33
    Shoutout to Obama for leaving behind all these sweet Hummers behind for me and my bros to bro out in.

Big belly laughs in the masjid.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Shoutout to Obama for leaving behind all these sweet Hummers behind for me and my bros to bro out in.

Big belly laughs in the masjid.

I miss @Haid_D_Salaami
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,867 Founders Club
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

It's called leadership.

Are we done here?

So let me get this straight. You call Obama a pussy for doing nothing and not going to war against ISIS. I show you the bill he sent to Congress asking for authorization and an article with quotes by Republicans on why they won't.

Now..... You just moved the goal posts and said you don't want action under Obama. But.... For arguments sake, here's exactly what Obama has done as president:

Over the past 16 months, Kaine said, the United States has carried nearly 6,300 airstrikes, at a cost of $5 billion, or $11 million per day, to push Islamic State out of sections of Iraq and Syria.

Iraq was contained thanks to the surge Obama opposed. Of course not as many troops died there - Obama puled them out - the biggest mistake of his failed presidency.

Obama's rules of engagement have got far more American troops killed in Afghanistan. That's a fact.

That's why he is a pussy and why I don't want anymore troops sent under his command.

He's done such a great job against ISIS that they have gained two countries and are attacking in Europe. France did more damage this week.

and we all know Obama won't do anything without congress behind him

How big of a cock sucker do you have to be to write this shit hondo?

Rhetorical question

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

It's called leadership.

Are we done here?

Iraq was contained thanks to the surge Obama opposed. Of course not as many troops died there - Obama puled them out - the biggest mistake of his failed presidency.

Obama's rules of engagement have got far more American troops killed in Afghanistan. That's a fact.

That's why he is a pussy and why I don't want anymore troops sent under his command.

He's done such a great job against ISIS that they have gained two countries and are attacking in Europe. France did more damage this week.

Rhetorical question
    This was your quote, which is a lie:

He's got more troops killed than W with his fucked up rules.

That being said. It's very clear you have no clue what happened in Afghanistan. You see, Bush didn't do much there and chased this shiny object in Iraq. When Obama took over, he said our real problem is Afghanistan, and took care of business there along with taking out bin ladin, something Bush said he wouldn't go into Pakistan to do.

Either way, you are very uneducated on the matter and like to believe the conservative blog post of the week.
  • Hondo is playing checkers. Race has the chess board out.

Hondo is playing checkers. Race has the chess board out.

Yes it's clear he doesn't have a clue how to play the game. Glad we agree.
  • HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,966
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

It's called leadership.

Are we done here?

Rhetorical question
    When Obama took over, he said our real problem is Afghanistan, and took care of business there
    HondoFS vs. reality:

A Grim Decision on Afghanistan (if you are a Liberal who has lost the NYT editorial bored...)
    http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/16/opinion/a-grim-decision-on-afghanistan.html?smid=tw-nytopinion&smtyp=cur&_r=0
    — comes amid Taliban advances and other alarming changes in the region. While Mr. Obama’s shift is disturbing and may not put Afghanistan on a path toward stability, he has no good options.

How Obama Lost Afghanistan
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/04/05/how-obama-lost-afghanistan.html
    Afghanistan today is much more violent than when Obama came into office. Fewer Americans may be dying. But many more Afghan civilians are being killed, according to U.N. statistics. More guns, more warlords, more militias—that’s Obama’s probable legacy. It’s what happens when you can’t deal with reality and commit one way or the other in wartime—you lose.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,724 Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

It's called leadership.

Are we done here?

Rhetorical question

That being said. It's very clear you have no clue what happened in Afghanistan. You see, Bush didn't do much there and chased this shiny object in Iraq. When Obama took over, he said our real problem is Afghanistan, and took care of business there along with taking out bin ladin, something Bush said he wouldn't go into Pakistan to do.

Either way, you are very uneducated on the matter and like to believe the conservative blog post of the week.
    I suggest you watch last night's version of Frontline before popping off.

ISIS has a strong foothold in Afghanistan.

pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

It's called leadership.

Are we done here?

Rhetorical question
    When Obama took over, he said our real problem is Afghanistan, and took care of business there
    HondoFS vs. reality:

A Grim Decision on Afghanistan (if you are a Liberal who has lost the NYT editorial bored...)
    http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/16/opinion/a-grim-decision-on-afghanistan.html?smid=tw-nytopinion&smtyp=cur&_r=0
    — comes amid Taliban advances and other alarming changes in the region. While Mr. Obama’s shift is disturbing and may not put Afghanistan on a path toward stability, he has no good options.

How Obama Lost Afghanistan
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/04/05/how-obama-lost-afghanistan.html
    Afghanistan today is much more violent than when Obama came into office. Fewer Americans may be dying. But many more Afghan civilians are being killed, according to U.N. statistics. More guns, more warlords, more militias—that’s Obama’s probable legacy. It’s what happens when you can’t deal with reality and commit one way or the other in wartime—you lose.
    Your perception of reality is whatever your conservative news source tells you.

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

It's called leadership.

Are we done here?

Rhetorical question

I suggest you watch last night's version of Frontline before popping off.

ISIS has a strong foothold in Afghanistan.

pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/
    I never said they didn't have a foothold in Afghanistan. You could learn to use reading comprehension before you pop off.