Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Obama, Syrian Refugees, Inslee ... Shocking

TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
Let me get out of the way the part about being compassionate to the legitimate Syrian refugees and fully recognizing that what follows isn't a religious persecution because there's a massive difference between Muslims and radically terrorism made in the name of religion that ISIS is doing.

The priority of the leadership of this country is to pay attention to what happened in Paris, remember the lessons that should have been learned from 9/11, and understand that the priority needs to be first and foremost on the safety and security of our citizens and our borders. While I have sympathy to current refugees, the security risk at this point is way too great to just open up the doors. Provide all the help and support possible. Properly vet the refugees so that when cleared they can move to the US (or any other Western Country) as possible.

But what people need to understand about ISIS is that they aren't going to fight in traditional means. They are all about causing the maximum damage for the most limited of resources. Traditional fighting means will not be successful for them in the long run. Their messaging is all about striking back at the West for their ways and beliefs that are against their ideology. This isn't about a disagreement that can't be solved with diplomacy. This is about a way of life. There's no negotiating on this by ISIS. ISIS counts on the predictability of the West. They count on knowing that after these types of attacks that there will be air strikes that destroy what is going on above ground while they hide below ground. They want to use those actions as a way of recruiting more and more people into their organization so that they can further build resources. Defeating ISIS is going to require our global leadership from both a political and military standpoint to rethink everything that they have ever thought before and really try to get into the minds of ISIS. This isn't about traditional warfare. This is going to be very, very different.

Comments

• CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    edited November 2015
    Actually ISIS is following the Islamic religion much closer than the pacifist watered down Christian version of the religion.
  • section8section8 Member Posts: 1,581
    Swaye said:

Or we could just use the solution I have advocated for several years now.

"Lake 'Murica"
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    edited November 2015
    Swaye said:

You may want to revise your map. The 1% coming over here may try and extend the pacific ocean to New Mexico.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,603 Standard Supporter
    edited November 2015
    Swaye said:

That makes total sense to me. Create Ground Zero Ocean. Then the water being created by the melting North Pole ice shield is diverted there instead of flooding New York City and the rest of the coastal cities in the world.

Even climate changers should be able to get behind this pro-active action.

• Present your plan to Obama then pop off
  • MrsPetersenMrsPetersen Member Posts: 724
    Today's argument on Facebook is that if you let in 100,000 refugees and on the off chance that 2 are terrorists and devise an attack that kills 3,000 Americans you still saved 96,998 lives. So we should ponder which lives matter to us.

Hopefully the attack destroys Facebook. Although I am thinking an attack large enough to kill 3000 people would take planning by more than 2.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club

Today's argument on Facebook is that if you let in 100,000 refugees and on the off chance that 2 are terrorists and devise an attack that kills 3,000 Americans you still saved 96,998 lives. So we should ponder which lives matter to us.

Hopefully the attack destroys Facebook. Although I am thinking an attack large enough to kill 3000 people would take planning by more than 2.

Unless the terrorists attack a crossfit gym, 99 percent of Fagbookers are safe.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,344 Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

POTY!
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,486 Standard Supporter
    Swaye said:

Swaye's leaving wampum on the table by not making The Sun Dance (Native) America's new fitness craze.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,603 Standard Supporter

Swaye said:

Swaye's leaving wampum on the table by not making The Sun Dance (Native) America's new fitness craze.
    I gotta give that an Awesome. A Man Called Horse was a staple of my HBO watching years as a youth.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,486 Standard Supporter

Swaye said:

I gotta give that an Awesome. A Man Called Horse was a staple of my HBO watching years as a youth in Enumclaw.
  • DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    Swaye said:

Comin' again to save the motherfuckin' day, YEAH!
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club

Swaye said:

I laffed