Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Slingblade Shows Signs of Ability

First, let me just say the guy is a terrible game manager. Last night he just happened to run into David Shaw who is the worst game manager west of the Rockies.

I'm not talking about Vaj being healthy. I'm talking about fixing the glaring problem he created. Again, since he is a fucktard he hired Don Pellum to be the D-coordinator. Everyone not named Slingblade or Don Pellum knew this was an incredible blunder of a hire. No one expected the guy to make a good hire, but everyone expected him to try.

So, instead of being like Peterman and allowing Smiff to destroy the season and the program Slingblade made a change. He won't fire Pellum because you don't fire a 30 year assistant or even smear his name for that matter. You just move him and make the guy you fucked up not hiring in the first place the "co-coordinator" and let him call the shots for the rest of the year.

So next year Pellum will be the Assistant Head Coach and Neal will be the D-Coordinator.

Does this fix the problem of Slingblade hiring Pellum over Neal when Neal has had a Top 5 defense at a school that was ready to quit football before? No, sadly it doesn't, but he is smart enough to realize a fuck up and has the balls to fix it.

A functional idiot with a blank check can win on the West Coast and that looks like where Oregon will be for the next 20 years.

Comments