Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Meanwhile...

Whoregon once again proves they are the class of the Pac-12...

[[ Larry Coker ]]

Comments

• Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,892
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited November 2015
    Three losses already genius

That's the Larry Coker pattern

LMAO at all the delusional Quooks on here. They have this thin façade of being different, but they aren't.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    They will finish third in the North.
  • Options
    RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

LMAO at all the delusional Quooks on here. They have this thin façade of being different, but they aren't.

I think they are. They wil remain a 10 win type of program. They won't dominant like they did under Chip, but they will remain an upper tier team in the conference.

Helfrich has rallied them twice. Last year after Arizona he righted the ship and when things looke really dire this year he did again.

He's still an idiot, but most coaches are. Oregon has talent, they have a system, and they are committed to winning.

They are still far, far superior to UW and Petersen.
    Yeah, but still...
  • Options
    NevadaduckNevadaduck Member Posts: 193
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    VAJ says sup!?
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,892
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

I think they are. They wil remain a 10 win type of program. They won't dominant like they did under Chip, but they will remain an upper tier team in the conference.

Helfrich has rallied them twice. Last year after Arizona he righted the ship and when things looke really dire this year he did again.

He's still an idiot, but most coaches are. Oregon has talent, they have a system, and they are committed to winning.

I agree with you on a lot Roaddawg, but their defense sucks, Arizona killed them twice in three tries, and they're relying on an annoying, 5' 10" 1-aa transfer. For one season. Without him, they're about 6-6. Their skill talent is still pretty good, but it's extremely hard to maintain a high level if you're not Oklahomo, insert eight SEC teams here, or tOSU.

Unfortunately they'll probably never drop to the level they were at in the 70s and 80s, at least not for a while, but they will drop to a Bellotti level. It's already happened really. They're going to be a 5-10 win team. It's somewhat of a national brand, but it's nowhere close to a blue blood program. They're the annoying faggot kid who shows up in a Corvette his daddy bought them because he got lucky with a patent for some fucktarded invention that sells for $19.95 on t.v. That kid goes off to college eventually.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Did he right the ship or did Adams return from injury?

They basically needed a free agent at QB to avoid a really disastrous season.

Frank Solich is the comparison not Coker. Helfrich is only in his 3rd year. I don't necessarily disagree with what you said but lets see where he is in year 4 and 5.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    There's a lot of Nebraska fans who think that, in retrospect, firing Solich was a big mistake.

• Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    AZDuck said:

Nebraska fans think that firing Solich was a big mistake.

Crisped
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,476
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Mosster47 said:

AZDuck said:

Nebraska fans know that firing Solich was a big mistake.

Crisped
    FTFY
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Frank Solich is the comparison not Coker. Helfrich is only in his 3rd year. I don't necessarily disagree with what you said but lets see where he is in year 4 and 5.
    I agree, but their offense will always be attractive to the best QB's. If you were a good QB, would you rather play for Helfrich or Petersen? The answer is easy, especially when factoring in that Browning isn't going anywhere. That's why losing Eason is so big. We are stuck with Browning and have to hope he can be a very good to great QB. I think it's possible, he's a competitive sob and I doog out when he talks shit after a scramble, but it's iffy. Oregon is more likely to get it right at some point than not.

The demise won't be next year. Royce Freeman alone is worth 6 wins. Their other skill guys are worth another 1-2. Unless they have a total bum at QB like Lockie, they will be good enough to compete for 10 wins.

IMO they have less questions than UW, especially when factoring in that the players in the program are used to, and expect to win. The AD from the top down puts a priority on winning. That isn't the case at UW. At UW, winning is nice. It's not demanded.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    AZDuck said:

There's a lot of Nebraska fans who think that, in retrospect, firing Solich was a big mistake.

Firing Solich and then going in a 180 was the mistake.

Reference:

Michigan firing Carr so they could get Rich Rod

Washington firing Lambo and then grabbing Neu**

Oregon did it right by having a succession plan and a slow progression into a spread type offense.

**Dunk your head in water, cause I know I just set a bunch of hair on fire ... shit canning Lambo was the absolute right thing to do. But looking back 16 years later ... hiring Neu, a real 180 of where the program had traditionally been ... was the mistake (minus the Rose Bowl).
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper

I agree, but their offense will always be attractive to the best QB's. If you were a good QB, would you rather play for Helfrich or Petersen? The answer is easy, especially when factoring in that Browning isn't going anywhere. That's why losing Eason is so big. We are stuck with Browning and have to hope he can be a very good to great QB. I think it's possible, he's a competitive sob and I doog out when he talks shit after a scramble, but it's iffy. Oregon is more likely to get it right at some point than not.

The demise won't be next year. Royce Freeman alone is worth 6 wins. Their other skill guys are worth another 1-2. Unless they have a total bum at QB like Lockie, they will be good enough to compete for 10 wins.

IMO they have less questions than UW, especially when factoring in that the players in the program are used to, and expect to win. The AD from the top down puts a priority on winning. That isn't the case at UW. At UW, winning is nice. It's not demanded.
    sobered up yet?

Browning is going to be fine once he learns how to shave. Relax.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

sobered up yet?

Browning is going to be fine once he learns how to shave. Relax.
    I was sober and we will see about that. I agree that he will be fine. Fine isn't good enough. In this Peterman offense, we need a great QB or we will always be shit.