Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Trump is right

2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Wages are too high.

"We have to become competitive with the world. Our taxes are too high, our wages are too high. Everything is too high. We have to compete with other countries."

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/donald-trump-doubles-down-wages-161524016.html

Comments

• Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited November 2015
    I think we should have federally mandated wages. Fuck it, the federal government should take over private business. That would help.

Are you 10 years old or just really fucking stupid? Or abundance?
  • Options
    HuskyInAZ said:

I think we should have federally mandated wages. Fuck it, the federal government should take over private business. That would help.

Are you 10 years old or just really fucking stupid? Or abundance?

Sounds like you agree wages are too high. You going to volunteer a pay cut first?
  • Options
    PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,457
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    The markets and economy need to dictate wage levels. It is completely illogical to just pull arbitrary wage numbers out of your ass and call it fair.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,920
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    PurpleJ said:

Hondo the only pay cut you are worried about is that of your EBT and free phone you lazy fuck. Zippeth thy crap trap and go back to eating free ham sandwich in moms cunthole.

I love it when people who don't, and likely won't ever (Hi @HondaFS!), make enough to pay REAL taxes always claim taxes aren't high enough. I just love that.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,075
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    I mean seriously, who doesn't want punitive taxation on the successful people, so that the useless lay abouts can continue their meth addictions in peace in their trailer?
  • Options

The markets and economy need to dictate wage levels. It is completely illogical to just pull arbitrary wage numbers out of your ass and call it fair.

Did I say anything about a minimum wage? All y'all are projecting. I've never once supported a $15 minimum wage.

The article is about Trump thinking wages are too high, we need to lower wages to compete with other countries.

You guys clearly lack reading comprehension. (If you want my personal opinion, going to $15 minimum wage, or having a higher minimum wage in localities like Seattle and SeaTac is dumb. But I do support a federal minimum wage going up nominally, say to $10 over the next 3 years).
  • Options
    pawz said:

PurpleJ said:

Hondo the only pay cut you are worried about is that of your EBT and free phone you lazy fuck. Zippeth thy crap trap and go back to eating free ham sandwich in moms cunthole.

I love it when people who don't, and likely won't ever (Hi @HondaFS!), make enough to pay REAL taxes always claim taxes aren't high enough. I just love that.
    Who said anything about taxes?

Fuck you are dumb. And I'm the one with the 8th grade education.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Swaye said:

I mean seriously, who doesn't want punitive taxation on the successful people, so that the useless lay abouts can continue their meth addictions in peace in their trailer?

You people don't even pay taxes.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,086
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The other guy gets paid too much and doesn't pay enough taxes. I don't get paid enough and pay too many taxes.
  • Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    2001400ex said:

Did I say anything about a minimum wage? All y'all are projecting. I've never once supported a $15 minimum wage.

The article is about Trump thinking wages are too high, we need to lower wages to compete with other countries.

You guys clearly lack reading comprehension. (If you want my personal opinion, going to $15 minimum wage, or having a higher minimum wage in localities like Seattle and SeaTac is dumb. But I do support a federal minimum wage going up nominally, say to $10 over the next 3 years).
    Wrong. The article is about Trump's response to RAISING the minimum wage. Read the fucking article you linked, paragraph 4.
  • Options
    HuskyInAZ said:

2001400ex said:

Wrong. The article is about Trump's response to RAISING the minimum wage. Read the fucking article you linked, paragraph 4.
    Fuck you are stupid. Try looking more than 2 inches past your nose. I know it's tough with Trump's ballsac in the way.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

HuskyInAZ said:

2001400ex said:

Fuck you are stupid. Try looking more than 2 inches past your nose. I know it's tough with Trump's ballsac in the way.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,287
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited November 2015
    Trump's point is that businesses outsource their labor overseas to take advantage of the cheap labor and tax benefits, which he's right. However, matching labor costs here is not economically feasable, in that essence I agree with Hondo.

However I disagree about how raising the minimum wage brings much benefit economically. Most of our essential service industries are supported by a minimum or close to minimum wage workforce. Raising the minimum wage will lead to increase costs at the supermarket, restaurants, gas stations, retail stores, etc. The minimum wage worker getting a raise is a myth, as their cost for essentials goes up as well. Who gets screwed in all of this are the people making slightly over minimum wage. These people, will actually see a wage decline as their purchasing power will take a significant hit.

This is part of the reason why we have a continuing growth in disinterest in the American workforce. Why should I have to work my ass off, when I can get the same and in some cases more benefits by setting at home watching Jerry Springer re-runs.

Now if we want to include an inflation kicker say 3% a year to minimum wage, I'm ok with that. If you use 1978 as a target compunding 3% a year, today's minimum wage should be $7.91/hr, which is more than the $7.25 is it is now. Honda wanting to go to $10.00 in three years is a bit extreme, I think 3% compounding from $7.91 to $8.64 is more than sufficient. $10.00/hr would then be the minimum in about 8 years. Of course, in situations like a depression, some of those increases may have to be halted.

There needs to be give and take. If there is a set increase in minimum wage, then intitlements have to be heavily regulated. Unless you have a severe physical or mental condition, you should have to work or you get nothing.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    A grown ass man can't live on 15 an hour let alone a family. Why not focus on jobs that pay a REAL living wage.

Because Obama is a failure?
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter

2001400ex said:

HuskyInAZ said:

2001400ex said:

• Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    If everybody is going to earn wages of $15/hour... Were going to need a helluva payroll tax increase so we can all support our parents social security and Medicare expenses.

All pension fund contributors aren't paying their fair share, either so, pension contributions from current workers should probably double/triple immediately, with future retirement benefits cut, too.
  • Options

A grown ass man can't live on 15 an hour let alone a family. Why not focus on jobs that pay a REAL living wage.

Because Obama is a failure?

Then how do you propose to focus on jobs that pay a real living wage? What should Obama do? I'm curious on your take.
  • Options
    QuornDawgQuornDawg Member Posts: 1,162
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

2001400ex said:

HuskyInAZ said:

2001400ex said:

always about the blacks