Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

1st question asked about UW football...

By local Sacramento (down here for work) people is why in the fuck is Jake Browning throwing bubble screens?!?

Since Browning is a popular, local boy a number of people here still follow him closely and therefore have watched UW games this year. Everyone here seems as perplexed by the offensive play calling as everyone on this bored.

My only answer? Our(?) coaching staff are fucking idiots... Can anyone help me with a decent answer to their question or does my reply pretty much sum it up?

Comments

• Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,188
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

By local Sacramento (down here for work) people is why in the fuck is Jake Browning throwing bubble screens?!?

Since Browning is a popular, local boy a number of people here still follow him closely and therefore have watched UW games this year. Everyone here seems as perplexed by the offensive play calling as everyone on this bored.

My only answer? Our(?) coaching staff are fucking idiots... Can anyone help me with a decent answer to their question or does my reply pretty much sum it up?

Welcome to September
  • Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,948
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

BearsWiin said:

"It's a high-percentage pass that quickly gets the ball to a playmaker in space for -2 yards"

At least, that's what the brochure said

FTFY

My brochure is from the WAC, not the Pac-12
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited November 2015

Jake cant throw downfield, hanging in a collapsing pocket, waiting for a receiver to come open when 1. The oline cant hold their blocks and 2. Jaydon Mickens is your primary WR.

Jake isnt in high school anymore new fish. Next?
    The only "fucking Idiots" are you and Jake's townfolk
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I work with a Folsom grad and everyone follows every Browning game religiously. I've heard similar things.
  • Options
    section_332section_332 Member Posts: 2,403
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    It don't help him when our fuck receivers drop everything.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,610
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    BearsWiin said:

"It's a high-percentage pass that quickly gets the ball to a playmaker in space"

Who are these playmakers you speak of?
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Gladstone said:

I work with a Folsom grad and everyone follows every Browning game religiously. I've heard similar things.

Gallstones, Jake didnt face pac12 defenses in high school. If you want Jake to throw for 10000 yards and 80td's then have him pack up for pullman. Aint happenin here. Oh, UW doesnt have Dom Williams, Gabe Marks, River Cracraft and 4 other 2nd teamers who'd start for UW right now. Get it. I think Smith would like to throw downfield, but its pretty hard when Your WR's get destroyed at the LOS, or miss every throw because they're too slow to get to the ball or too short-armed to make a catch. Lets just blame the coaches.

I like to sit around the local Folsom diner, hopped up on cheap coffee, complaing about Jake's coaches' playcalling, its what I do.
  • Options
    SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Gladstone said:

Gallstones, Jake didnt face pac12 defenses in high school. If you want Jake to throw for 10000 yards and 80td's then have him pack up for pullman. Aint happenin here. Oh, UW doesnt have Dom Williams, Gabe Marks, River Cracraft and 4 other 2nd teamers who'd start for UW right now. Get it. I think Smith would like to throw downfield, but its pretty hard when Your WR's get destroyed at the LOS, or miss every throw because they're too slow to get to the ball or too short-armed to make a catch. Lets just blame the coaches.

I like to sit around the local Folsom diner, hopped up on cheap coffee, complaing about Jake's coaches' playcalling, its what I do.
    He probably faced better defenses than Arizona.
  • Options
    Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,871
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    edited November 2015
    Because we have Mickens. It's important to get him the ball so that he can start avoiding tackles and getting into open space. He does this usually by running backwards and losing yards...but hey...that's where the least amount of defenders are. Smart guy.
  • Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,948
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

BearsWiin said:

"It's a high-percentage pass that quickly gets the ball to a playmaker in space"

Nap and Beno, duh
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Gladstone said:

You like to pretend Peterman's offense haven't sucked four years in a row. That's what you do.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

Gladstone said:

Can't win without Cuog WRs...

CHRIST
  • Options
    BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

Nap and Beno, duh
    Its actually "Nip", but your young generation prolly took offense to that disparaging comment towards all the chinamen on campus 20+ years later
  • Options

Gladstone said:

CHRIST
    Watched a coug game lately freemefrommycloset? Maybe you'll learn somethin about the sport you post irrelevant shit on.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

Gladstone said:

CHRIST
    Watched a coug game lately freemefrommycloset? Maybe you'll learn somethin about the sport you post irrelevant shit on.
    I've watched more Cuog football than Doog football, actually.

WR is the most worthless and overrated position in football.

Not surprised a doog like you eats up passing stats from a team that only passes.

Cody Bruns would be a star WR in the Leach offense.

Stick to incoherent ramblings, you suck at football talk.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,921
    Standard Supporter
    The correct answer to the original question is that maybe one day the corner and safety/LB will both fall down before the play starts and the bubble screen will work. Hasn't happened yet but gotta keep trying.