Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The University of Mizzou student protests

Comments

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,111
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    It would be awesome if a graduate of the alleged finest school of journalism in the country would report what the fuck went down at Missouri.

• Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,632
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

I don't see much racism here. Much less institutional racism. If anything, the only institutional racism is against whites.

Lol, but troll on dawg.
    You lost me with the big words man. It was my only choice. I called this guy a sniveling little pussy who needs perspective. That's all I wanted to say.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

It would be awesome if a graduate of the alleged finest school of journalism in the country would report what the fuck went down at Missouri.

Yeah, I was pretty disgusted with how the journalists from the student paper were treated. I never call for people to be fired, but if anyone deserves it, it would be the professor of media that threatened the newspaper photographer on the quad.

Look @PurpleJ, I feel you on that, the guy isn't a squeaky clean. But isn't that sort of a Maoist critique, that he's too rich?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I don't know about that story, but if the rich hunger strike kid was white, he'd be getting crucified right now. THAT is racism. Good day sir.
  • Options
    I don't follow.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If a white son of a railroad exec held a hunger strike to protest anti-white racism.
  • Options
    Here's another disconnect.

If Mizzou is such a racist intolerant place, how was Michael Sam supposedly tolerated as a gay black man in private for quite a while before that became a national thing?

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

If Mizzou is such a racist intolerant place, how was Michael Sam supposedly tolerated as a gay black man in private for quite a while before that became a national thing?

How do we know no one ever should have said anything hurtful to him?
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited November 2015
    I have no doubt that there is racism at the University of Missouri, it's fucking Missouri after all. That doesn't mean UM upper campus was magically supposed to eliminate it. You can't have a no tolerance policy, that shit doesn't work. Holding campus-wide discussions about fake outrage over racial extremism would have maybe satisfied protesters but it wouldn't have done shit to solve the problem.
  • Options
    PurpleJ said:

Should have or did?

Everything I've read said he was pretty happy in Columbia.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

Should have or did?

Everything I've read said he was pretty happy in Columbia.
    Gay means happy, you know.
  • Options
    PurpleJ said:

If a white son of a railroad exec held a hunger strike to protest anti-white racism.

My man, you have to deal with the cases that confront you. This goes back to what I was talking about with the left and right speaking in entirely different registers. The debate that I've been hearing all week has been whether there's an illiberal left that seeks to constrain speech. You undoubtably have heard a different narrative.

What I can say is that is it coincidental that there haven't been any white sons of white railroad executives in the media recently?
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    as long as the students feel safe and the complaints are being dealt with that's good enough for me.
    And by safe I do not mean the emotional bullshit that people want to claim nowadays. Saying free speech on what you can wear for Halloween is threatening their safety does not count.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

My man, you have to deal with the cases that confront you. This goes back to what I was talking about with the left and right speaking in entirely different registers. The debate that I've been hearing all week has been whether there's an illiberal left that seeks to constrain speech. You undoubtably have heard a different narrative.

What I can say is that is it coincidental that there haven't been any white sons of white railroad executives in the media recently?
    I haven't heard any narrative. Hadn't actually been following the story. Couldn't care less. That kid is a drippy cunt, though.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    PurpleJ said:

well... it was never reported if it happened...
  • Options
    dhdawg said:

as long as the students feel safe and the complaints are being dealt with that's good enough for me.
    And by safe I do not mean the emotional bullshit that people want to claim nowadays. Saying free speech on what you can wear for Halloween is threatening their safety does not count.

I don't give a fuck if the students "feel" safe or not. The University seems to be providing plenty of security so those 'feeling' at risk need to grow up... or LEAVE the University.
  • Options
    edited November 2015

dhdawg said:

I don't give a fuck if the students "feel" safe or not. The University seems to be providing plenty of security so those 'feeling' at risk need to grow up... or LEAVE the University.
    If students are facing threats (which I doubt many are) that is serious and needs to be dealt with. These assholes who want to censor everything are not what I'm talking about
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,943
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

So the kid who did the hunger strike against white privilege has a daddy who makes 8 million a year.

Down with the struggle, yo

I'm sure he's had a rough life being rich and having Affirmative Action and plenty of scholarships available.
  • Options
    dhdawg said:

dhdawg said:

If students are facing threats (which I doubt many are) that is serious and needs to be dealt with. (which is why a police department and court system exists already)These assholes who want to censor everything are not what I'm talking about