Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

CWU Ranks First in the State of Washington in The Economist Magazine College Ratings

Comments

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,610
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    CWU is a decent school, but that is an interesting ranking...

I'd say the state schools go like:

UW
    Wwu
    WSU
    EWU
    CWU
    UW Tacoma

With evergreen having some good programs but mostly being a place for those majoring in acid trips
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,717
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    But what's their SRS?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,726
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Evergreen State isn't for everyone. Sheeple need not apply. It's for the independent minded seeker of knowledge who appreciates a place where there is a soccer team, not a football team. I attended for a year myself back when it was basically one building. Kind of like Denny Hall.

A couple years ago I googled my old high school sweet heart (stalker alert) and found she actually works there.

At least one of us didn't sell out
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    That rating is fucking stupid.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Evergreen State isn't for everyone. Sheeple need not apply. It's for the independent minded seeker of knowledge who appreciates a place where there is a soccer team, not a football team. I attended for a year myself back when it was basically one building. Kind of like Denny Hall.

A couple years ago I googled my old high school sweet heart (stalker alert) and found she actually works there.

At least one of us didn't sell out

Downvoted for downvoting me
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,726
    Swaye's Wigwam
    it's on now!!111
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

OK!

goodbye sociopaths. The AOG is officially gone. put me back on the kill list. I leave you to cutting people off in traffic and making loud noises, talking on cell phones right next to somebody trying to concentrate, and all the other things you do all day long to annoy people.

There was a discordant hum of human voices! There was a loud blast as of many trumpets! There was a harsh grating as of a thousand thunders! The fiery walls rushed back! An outstretched arm caught my own as I fell, fainting, into the abyss. It was that of General Lasalle. The French army had entered Toledo. The Inquisition was in the hands of its enemies.

One of you noyds needs to program this as an autoreply to all future AOG poasts.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Queue Tequilla rant
  • Options
    dongmandongman Member Posts: 2,384
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    I love acedemis
  • Options
    Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,871
    Standard Supporter
    edited November 2015
    Passion said:

Uhh...read this quote:
    - "The survey calculated what median earnings should be for a school’s graduates—and then showed whether graduates were over or under the estimate."

Basically, central's graduates aren't expected to do much. Surpassing such low expectations is what made them #1 in this poll.

Congratulations.

It's still a compliment. It means CWU is much better than people think it is.

I went to CWU because UW failed to recognize that I was more talented and intelligent than 90% of their applicants simply because it didn't show up on paper. It's not that CWU did recognize how great I am...they'll just take anyone they can get.

Hell, I didn't even meet CWU's requirements but they let me in because community colleges were getting overcrowded with a bunch of fags who decided they wanted to go back to school and major in something bullshit even though it isn't going to amount to shit for them because most of them are really stupid....trust me I had classes with these people. Always asking the professor questions after class, asking stupid questions during class, but somehow still passing because they are annoyingly over-organized and puncual in attendance. "Remember how 2 weeks ago the professor said that [insert stupid and pointless homework project here] was due today? I did mine." Fuck that, and fuck you.

I mean...so what if I got a 1.6 GPA in high school and a 2.0 GPA in community college? That shit was boring as fuck and I never went or studied. It takes one hell of an amazingly intelligent person to do that. I even got better at it too because I graduated from CWU with a 2.3 GPA without changing any of my habits. But whenever I put this on my resume, nobody offers me a job. Oh yeah, and I'm like the best at my current job too... even better than people with double masters degrees from some of the most prestigous business schools in the world.

The point is that schools ain't worth shit. Harvard is only considered a great school because they get to select the best students. Then, because they get all the best students who are automatically going to be successful in the work force, people then say "Wow, Harvard must be a great school because I'm seeing strong correlation between successful people and people who graduated from there." If those students had gone to any other university, they would be just as capable in the work force. Correlation doesn't equal causation. Fuck society.
  • Options
    dongmandongman Member Posts: 2,384
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    No offense to CWU but most everyone I know that went there was what I would consider borderline retarded. Now, perhaps the sample of the 20ish people I knew from various high schools that ended up there is too small, but those retards had friends as well who I can only guess shared the same life goals and views.

UW=LA hills and south east Asia
    WSU=wrangler butts drive me nuts
    WWU=patchouli and money
    EWU=wiggers and D1 football flunkies
    CWU=4locos and post high school flop house
    Gonzaga=gay
    Evergreen= pls carpet bomb
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,946
    Evergreen State is awesome because a Geoduck looks like a dick.

And I'm tolerant like that.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Passion said:

Uhh...read this quote:
    - "The survey calculated what median earnings should be for a school’s graduates—and then showed whether graduates were over or under the estimate."

Basically, central's graduates aren't expected to do much. Surpassing such low expectations is what made them #1 in this poll.

Congratulations.

I went to CWU because UW failed to recognize that I was more talented and intelligent than 90% of their applicants simply because it didn't show up on paper. It's not that CWU did recognize how great I am...they'll just take anyone they can get.

Hell, I didn't even meet CWU's requirements but they let me in because community colleges were getting overcrowded with a bunch of fags who decided they wanted to go back to school and major in something bullshit even though it isn't going to amount to shit for them because most of them are really stupid....trust me I had classes with these people. Always asking the professor questions after class, asking stupid questions during class, but somehow still passing because they are annoyingly over-organized and puncual in attendance. "Remember how 2 weeks ago the professor said that [insert stupid and pointless homework project here] was due today? I did mine." Fuck that, and fuck you.

I mean...so what if I got a 1.6 GPA in high school and a 2.0 GPA in community college? That shit was boring as fuck and I never went or studied. It takes one hell of an amazingly intelligent person to do that. I even got better at it too because I graduated from CWU with a 2.3 GPA without changing any of my habits. But whenever I put this on my resume, nobody offers me a job. Oh yeah, and I'm like the best at my current job too... even better than people with double masters degrees from some of the most prestigous business schools in the world.

The point is that schools ain't worth shit. Harvard is only considered a great school because they get to select the best students. Then, because they get all the best students who are automatically going to be successful in the work force, people then say "Wow, Harvard must be a great school because I'm seeing strong correlation between successful people and people who graduated from there." If those students had gone to any other university, they would be just as capable in the work force. Correlation doesn't equal causation. Fuck society.
    Sick, brah. Do you stuff your pants with a tubesock to compensate below the belt as well?
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Here's the real ranking of in-staters:

1. Green River - Best campus with the most squirrels. First place I ever had a latte. Enuff said on that.
    2. University of Washington - Nice campus, I guess a top 20 world university rating equates to something.
    3. THE Evergreen State College - During the gulf war, there were (obviously; and effective too!) protests from Ev students in Olympia. A lone brave man/redneck/Centralian stood across the street from them with a sign that said, "BOMB TESC". That's how you hate on someone right there.
    4. Doesn't matter.
    5. Gonzaga Prep (SANKEY!)
    LAST: WAZZU - They do it with cows.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,897
    Founders Club

Passion said:

Uhh...read this quote:

Congratulations.

I remember those types. They were usually 35-45 and always interrupted the lecture and disrupted the class. Go visit the professor (or grad student) during office hours, assholes. Stop fucking up the class.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited November 2015

Passion said:

Uhh...read this quote:

Congratulations.

I went to CWU because UW failed to recognize that I was more talented and intelligent than 90% of their applicants simply because it didn't show up on paper.
    I work in UW Adminissions, and I remember your paperwork. You're not very talented or intelligent.