Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Gosh this sounds familiar

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,726
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
We all need to re-evaluate ASU football starting from the administration down to us the hard core fans. The coaching staff needs to take a long look in the mirror and stop being stubborn about what they are going to do or they will eventually stubborn their way out of a job. Graham is trying to get us out of the old post Kush coaching mentality but he needs to temper his marketing speeches before the season starts. The coordinators need to re-evaluate themselves and how they can best manage their personal to fit their baseline offense, defense, and special teams.

I feel on the recruiting front we are miles ahead of any coaching staff since probably Cooper with regards to evaluating talent. We have a solid start to where Graham wants to take us but we need to develop offensive and defensive lineman. I feel the defensive lineman are further ahead than the offensive lineman. Also Special teams is better this year than in years past yes they have had their problems. However, Slocum does't kick field goals and punt the football. He gets a pass till next year since he took over a dumpster fire.

Which brings me to Norvell. He has to go after this year we have had the same problem every year with him at the helm such as short yardage running game, red zone offense, tricky/cute play calling, and little to no in game management skills. He is the weak link in this staff and this year the talent has not been able to cover his weakness. I feel defense and special teams will get better next year but our offense will again dictate how successful we are next year since we lose a ton of talent on this side of the ball and Norvell doesn't have the coaching chops to mold a unit when having green talent.

Finally, to us fans it does no one any good to hack on each other. We all want the same thing every year to win games and support our university. But we have to unite this is not to say for us to not voice our opinions but the constant grinding I see on this board and others is disheartening. These are the types of seasons that define us as a fan base. It is easy to root for ASU when we are winning. I truly feel coach Graham is the right coach for our program and university. We can't have a coaching search every 5 years and hope to be a player in this conference. But as the old saying goes united we stand divided we fall.

Comments