Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Steph Curry

2»

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited November 2015

Curry wasn't even the Finals MVP

He was far and away the most valuable Warrior in the finals, as my boy APAG was quick to poont out at the time.

Subjective awards are for loosers.
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    That was a begrudging upvote DNC.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

That was a begrudging upvote DNC.

I take my APAG upvotes anyway I can get them.
  • FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,222
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I'm sorry but Curry in a real pick up game would get shut down by any great defender.

I don't mean this as a put down to Curry but the NBAs rules allow him to be great. All credit to him because everyone plays by the same rules. But if defenders could get into his body on the perimeter, like they would in a pick up game, he wouldn't be that good.

A couple years ago the Warriors played the Clippers in a playoff series. One of the games came down to a last shot by the Warriors. Chris Paul got all up in Currys jersey because he knew they wouldn't call a foul and Curry barely got a shot off. That would be every possession of a pick up game.

Chris Paul, for all his faults, can always get a decent shot. Curry can't.

Not buying your comments on curry and pickup, but your last sentence....chris paul was the guy you really went with there? Anyhow, I think people are confusing their local noon ball YMCA league for a real pick up game of basketball that Curry would be playing in.

If you're playing in a high end pick up game the rools will become as loose as hope solo, BUT that also means quite a few things in curry's favor. Ball spacing, lanes, guys moving are all apart of a real pickup game even if they aren't calling hand checks. Guys are rewarded for movement and conditioning. It's not an And1 mixtape or your local mormon establishment at 5am basketball. Screens, and I mean major screens can be set. Curry is one of the best conditioned guys in the nba and he gets to run off every illegal and ridiculously set screen he wants. He doesn't even need to get his own shot, but that's beside the point. If he wanted to get his own shot he'd certainly get locked up a time or two. It happens to every player, but right now curry has shown(and did most of last playoffs) that when given the ball he can break down players and get a shot off when needed. Dribbling rules(as dnc stated) are another very lax portion and we've all seen what curry has done to folks in nba games. His handle accompanied by his stroke allow him to open up the floor.

The comparison of the two really doesn't make sense as they are completely different players. Curry in a pick up game needs to make only 2 for every 3 buckets that lebron makes. I would take either one and if I had a strong defender on the team I'd rather have curry for pick up. 3's keep you on the floor in pickup games and we all know bron' can't shoot. Bron also would keep the pace maddening since he pounds the ball and demands it. Curry could bring it up or run off screens to keep fluidity. I could just see 4 guys watching bron in a pick up game hoping to touch the ball once every 3 possessions.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Is it a rule that every 76er draft pick has to be injured