Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Gaskin and Browning Among Best True Freshmen in CFB

Comments

• Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    so... your just gonna cherry pick?
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,817
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I don't think many on this board realize how close we are to turning the corner ...

I've been saying for months that I could see this team winning the North and Conference next year ... it's not a massive stretch. There are so many parallels to what I saw with TCU ... biggest difference is that UW may be a bit further ahead in the QB department. Going into last year, Boykin wasn't even supposed to be in the running for QB at TCU.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,753
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

I don't think many on this board realize how close we are to turning the corner ...

I've been saying for months that I could see this team winning the North and Conference next year ... it's not a massive stretch. There are so many parallels to what I saw with TCU ... biggest difference is that UW may be a bit further ahead in the QB department. Going into last year, Boykin wasn't even supposed to be in the running for QB at TCU.

The way this Season has played out anyone but OS could win the Pac 12 N next Season.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,407
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Change is coming. Can you feel it?
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,267
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Passion said:

MikeMonan said:

Gaskin is playing lights out! And when healthy Browning is doing good.

Haven't watched too many games this year, eh? I suggest cal, boise state and oregon.
    Every night, Peterman wakes up in a cold sweat and asks himself why he told Brett Rypien to take a hike.

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,817
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

We should be the favorite to win the North next year. What is this "could" bs? If we don't its a failure of a season and CP probably isn't the guy barring some flukey circumstances.
    Stanford will still have a good team next year ... it's far from a given that we'll win the North and most definitely not a given that we'll win the conference.

At this point, I would lean towards us winning the division but probably falling to one of the LA schools in the title game.
  • Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment

Passion said:

MikeMonan said:

Haven't watched too many games this year, eh? I suggest cal, boise state and oregon.
    Every night, Peterman wakes up in a cold sweat and asks himself why he told Brett Rypien to take a hike.

Yeah Rypien looked real good turning the ball over five times in the first half against Utah State.

How did Browning do against Utah State again?

Rypien would get murdered by P12 defenses behind UWs line.
    Against same competition (Utah State)......

Rypien - 25/50, 299 yards, 0 TD, 3 Int
    Browning - 22/31, 368 yards, 3 TD, 1 Int
  • Options
    section_332section_332 Member Posts: 2,403
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    This is a 9 win team next year before the bowl game no matter what. Year 4 of Peterman is when we can really start the offseason natty and rose bowl preparation.

Everyone sees this and if it dosent happen GTFO.
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Trey Adams is the best true frosh I've seen this year.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2015
    HuskyInAZ said:

Passion said:

MikeMonan said:

Yeah Rypien looked real good turning the ball over five times in the first half against Utah State.

That's a pretty simple analysis. Boise State also got plungered by Utah State, we beat Utah State soundly, but we lost to Boise State.

Browning played great against a pretty good Utah State defense, but has played like absolute shit against defenses that are worse.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,732
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

HuskyInAZ said:

Passion said:

MikeMonan said:

That's a pretty simple analysis. Boise State also got plungered by Utah State, we beat Utah State soundly, but we lost to Boise State.

Browning played great against a pretty good Utah State defense, but has played like absolute shit against defenses that are worse.
    Boise State got plungered because Rypien turned the ball over 5 times in the first half. HTH.

Browning is much better under pressure at this point. Obviously a lot of time left in their careers but Rypien hasn't done anything to make CP regret that choice yet.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,732
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    TTJ said:

Trey Adams is the best true frosh I've seen this year.

Only one OL on the list. I would love to see how Adams grades out in comparison to other freshmen OL.

Unfortunately from what I can tell PFF just puts out these top 10 lists to promote themselves while keeping their larger dataset proprietary.
  • Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment

HuskyInAZ said:

Passion said:

MikeMonan said:

Thems the facts. It may not fit your narrative, but WGAF. Rypien is putting up numbers against teams that would make AZ's defense look stout.

As for your Boise State reference, how did Rypien do in that game?