Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Tom Herman Article

Taken from a post on wearesc, this article, written before the season started, is fascinating. I didn't know much about Tom Herman, but he's had a really impressive career as an assistant, and it looks like he's well on his way to bigger and better things. He is what right looks like, at least at the OC position.

campusrush.com/tom-herman-houston-cougars-head-coach-education-1336562958.html

Comments

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,616 Founders Club
    Add him to your list Petey!
  • Pete doesn't have a list
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,609
    Herman isnt going to be an OC ever again in his career, sorry to disappoint you.
  • CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    ntxduck said:

Herman isnt going to be an OC ever again in his career, sorry to disappoint you.

Correct

Houston would beat us the fuck down this year. Why would he take a demotion?

For the good of the doogs?

Christ
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    He sounds squared away, but you're dumber than I gave you credit for if you think he would come to Washington as OC.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,718 Swaye's Wigwam

Add him to your list chart Petey!

FTFY
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    HFNY said:

Great read and these paragraphs are gold:

"People make a big deal about the system you run. But I've learned though the years that your system has to marry your talent. One of my proudest seasons is when we went 12-0 in my first year at Ohio State in 2012. Philosophically, we wanted to be balanced. But we couldn't throw the ball. We had a good line, a beast at tailback in Carlos Hyde and a freak at quarterback in Braxton Miller. It was one of my proudest achievements in coaching. We didn't try to fit a square peg in a round hole. And that's how we're going to approach stuff at Houston. You start with a vision of, "Here's who we are. Here's our beliefs. Here's how we play." What our vision may be is going to be entirely dependent on the players we have.

The Cougars ran a Texas Tech-style Air Raid offense last year. It was an easy transition from that to the tempo, no-huddle and spread mentality we're going to have. But we needed to do a 180 with the physicality. For 100 years in football, no one has won a game because of their finesse. I don't know any team that ever won a championship while playing soft. So, when we got here, physicality was nonnegotiable."

The system comment is something Pete really needs to grasp. I had a draft saved from earlier, but didn't pull the trigger on posting. I didn't want to let it rip because I rip on Pete enough. When you do a compare and contrast, it's hard not to think we hired a loser.

Herman is in his first year, but he seems like a future great. I would easily trade him for Petersen and take my chances.
  • HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732

He sounds squared away, but you're dumber than I gave you credit for if you think he would come to Washington as OC.

Who the fuck said he was an OC candidate at UW?