Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Oregon Recruiting JUCO QB/ATH Robert Mitchell from Blinn CC, TX

Comments

• Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    AZDuck said:

Christ.

Is that QB #4 this cycle?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,381
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    edited October 2015

"Eeeny, meeny, miney, moe, catch a QB by the toe. If he scrambles let him go.
    Skiddum, skiddee, skiddoo,
    But if we give money to his little bride
    Will surely find out where he hides
    So there's the door and when I count four
    Then I recruit YOU"

• Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    If he doesn't work out at quarterback I'm sure we could use him at linebacker...
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    I think you owe Chest and I an apology. We were right.
  • Options
    edited October 2015

You're kind of a dumbass. You shouldn't comment on things you don't know anything about.

Since you're fond of the Internet Wayback Machine... here's this:

http://hardcorehusky.com/forums/#/discussion/comment/126472

And this:

http://forum.hardcorehusky.com/discussion/comment/234123/#Comment_234123

So, what you see as unbridled Quookery is pretty much me letting myself be dragged into supporting Helfrich because he won the league and smashed FSU in the Rose Bowl.

That's fine.

Go back and look at Chest's article (Chest isn't a douchebag) and what I called him out for was a lack of data. I stand by that. He was making inferences that weren't supported by evidence other than - "coaches who step into succcessful programs often don't do as well as the guys who left." No shit.

Chest's article was betting that Helfrich's success in Year 2 was Mariota. Weirdly enough, there were some other aspects of that 2014 team that worked really well, including the defense in the second half of the season. But you know, making it to the CFB championship game is more of an accomplishment than #ImplosionMora has ever or likely will ever reach. Hell, has he even won the South yet?

In fact, year 2 is a big year for new coaches and one in which they often win championships (Stoops at OU springs to mind) - so when your new guy goes 24-4 you kinda have to give him the benefit of the doubt even though you thought he sucked initially. Which I did.

In conclusion, you have some football IQ and you are big on the TBS but you have the debate and rhetorical skills of a large-mouth bass.

Get the fuck out with your bullshit.

LOL @ you in the thread from the second link:

I see UCLA staying in at least the top 10-15 nationally for as long as Moras here. The OL and front seven is emerging as a real strength of the team and the QB coming in next year has way more hype than Hundley ever had. UCLA historically has been a top 20ish program that recruited well but played like a bunch of pussies. Under the Mora they recruit even better and they are one of the TUFFest teams in the p12. Though I admit - to break through to consistent top 10 level they need to get the sloppiness and NFL conservatism out a little bit.
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    AZDuck said:

You're kind of a dumbass. You shouldn't comment on things you don't know anything about.

Since you're fond of the Internet Wayback Machine... here's this:

http://hardcorehusky.com/forums/#/discussion/comment/126472

And this:

http://forum.hardcorehusky.com/discussion/comment/234123/#Comment_234123

So, what you see as unbridled Quookery is pretty much me letting myself be dragged into supporting Helfrich because he won the league and smashed FSU in the Rose Bowl.

That's fine.

Go back and look at Chest's article (Chest isn't a douchebag) and what I called him out for was a lack of data. I stand by that. He was making inferences that weren't supported by evidence other than - "coaches who step into succcessful programs often don't do as well as the guys who left." No shit.

Chest's article was betting that Helfrich's success in Year 2 was Mariota. Weirdly enough, there were some other aspects of that 2014 team that worked really well, including the defense in the second half of the season. But you know, making it to the CFB championship game is more of an accomplishment than #ImplosionMora has ever or likely will ever reach. Hell, has he even won the South yet?

In fact, year 2 is a big year for new coaches and one in which they often win championships (Stoops at OU springs to mind) - so when your new guy goes 24-4 you kinda have to give him the benefit of the doubt even though you thought he sucked initially. Which I did.

In conclusion, you have some football IQ and you are big on the TBS but you have the debate and rhetorical skills of a large-mouth bass.

Get the fuck out with your bullshit.

LOL @ you in the thread from the second link:

I see UCLA staying in at least the top 10-15 nationally for as long as Moras here. The OL and front seven is emerging as a real strength of the team and the QB coming in next year has way more hype than Hundley ever had. UCLA historically has been a top 20ish program that recruited well but played like a bunch of pussies. Under the Mora they recruit even better and they are one of the TUFFest teams in the p12. Though I admit - to break through to consistent top 10 level they need to get the sloppiness and NFL conservatism out a little bit.
    Too gay; didn't read.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,708
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

AZDuck was against Helfrich before he propped up Helfrich before he was against Helfrich again.

Try to keep up.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    Masoli was a JUCO guy and he did OK. Akili Smith was solid too.
  • Options

AZDuck was against Helfrich before he propped up Helfrich before he was against Helfrich again.

Try to keep up.
    This is a fair summary of da fax
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    Any Duck fan with a brain has had the same Slingblade trajectory.

All of us? got the hire and it was worth a shot. The game against Arizona down there painted the clear picture he wasn't the one. Then he made the National Title game and earned his shot at this year where he has again showed he's not the man for the job.

He isn't getting fired so I'm going to just hope he figures it out over the next five years, which he will absolutely get.