Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

In Between The Arizona and Stanford game

HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,527
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
Standard Supporter
@DerekJohnson said this during the podcast and hit the nail on the head: "It's clear Jonathan Smith doesn't know what he's doing". Even with a back-up QB, I would've called a different game than how he did.

At what point does Kwiatkowski try to punch out Babushka a la Buddy Ryan?

Petersen has to coach up his coaches so he better be spending nearly all his time with Smith.

I can't believe they didn't let KJCS do a read-option with him keeping it at least once.

Trey Adams played better, nice to see.

@FremontTroll had the call to take UW +19. I got in at +18 and feel lucky since I was guessing Browning was going to play (I projected Stanford to win 33-20 with Browning playing).

I like how the OL looked (Eldrenkamp particularly) in the running game and thought the pass protection was decent. The sack I remember (out of 3) was Coleman Shelton getting beat, maybe it was a stunt.

I said it after the USC game and I'll say it again, this is a 6 win team. Don't know how that makes me a Doog in ThomasFremont's mind or that I agree with him that JS needs to be terminated.

Gotta beat Arizona to get to those 6 wins. Browning is going to play and Huskies will win 27-20 with an assist from the weather, making life difficult for Randall and / or Solomon.

Comments

• Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    HFNY said:

@DerekJohnson said this during the podcast and hit the nail on the head: "It's clear Jonathan Smith doesn't know what he's doing". Even with a back-up QB, I would've called a different game than how he did.

Petersen has to coach up his coaches so he better be spending nearly all his time with Smith.

I can't believe they didn't let KJCS do a read-option with him keeping it at least once.

@FremontTroll had the call to take UW +19. I got in at +18 and feel lucky since I was guessing Browning was going to play (I projected Stanford to win 33-20 with Browning playing).

I like how the OL looked (Eldrenkamp particularly) in the running game and thought the pass protection was decent. The sack I remember (out of 3) was Coleman Shelton getting beat, maybe it was a stunt.

I said it after the USC game and I'll say it again, this is a 6 win team. Don't know how that makes me a Doog in ThomasFremont's mind or that I agree with him that JS needs to be terminated.

Gotta beat Arizona to get to those 6 wins. Browning is going to play and Huskies will win 27-20 with an assist from the weather, making life difficult for Randall and / or Solomon.

That's why your a doog, dumbass.

Also, I guessed the score better than you did.

Aren't you glad you insisted on a prediction?

You suck at this.
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited October 2015
    HFNY said:

You're a doog because you think that the reason we have sucked is because of youth, not poor coaching and game planing. It's straight out of the doog playbook, blame the players not the coach.

Welcome to husky football, where the sum is always less than the parts.

Intelligent posters will note that most people predicted atleast 7-8 wins this season, but mostly due to losing so much on defense, not the offense (PetersIins wheelhouse) somehow finding a way to regress.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Houhusky said:

HFNY said:

You're a doog because you think that the reason we have sucked is because of youth, not poor coaching and game planing. It's straight out of the doog playbook, blame the players not the coach.

Intelligent posters will note that most people predicted atleast 7-8 wins this season, but mostly due to losing so much on defense, not the offense (PetersIins wheelhouse) somehow finding a way to regress.
    I like to say that those that predicted good offense and poor defense this year are smart ... and those that called the opposite even though time is proving that side to be correct are doogs ... that's what I like to do.

If you couldn't see that the offense was going to struggle with a young and inexperienced OL, a true frosh QB, and a bunch of JAGs at the WR position, then I don't know what to tell you.

The above doesn't mean that Pete and Smith don't deserve heat or that Smith is in way over his head and should be fired (he should) ... some of you fucktards either need to learn the difference or book yourself in a Hell in a Cell match against Brock Lesner.
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    Tequilla said:

Houhusky said:

HFNY said:

I like to say that those that predicted good offense and poor defense this year are smart ... and those that called the opposite even though time is proving that side to be correct are doogs ... that's what I like to do.

If you couldn't see that the offense was going to struggle with a young and inexperienced OL, a true frosh QB, and a bunch of JAGs at the WR position, then I don't know what to tell you.

The above doesn't mean that Pete and Smith don't deserve heat or that Smith is in way over his head and should be fired (he should) ... some of you fucktards either need to learn the difference or book yourself in a Hell in a Cell match against Brock Lesner.
    huh?

@HuskyInAZ semen must be in your eyes if you can't see that I never said people who thought we would have a good offense and a bad defense were smart.

Great strawman as always though
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    HFNY said:

I read that whole poast in Pedro from Napoleon Dynamite's class president speech voice and it really made it enjoyable.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Houhusky said:

Tequilla said:

Houhusky said:

HFNY said:

huh?

@HuskyInAZ semen must be in your eyes if you can't see that I never said people who thought we would have a good offense and a bad defense were smart.

Great strawman as always though
    The only thing moar annoying than some shit bag poaster using a strawman argument to say something dumb is some shit-bag poaster angrily pointing it out like they are fucking logic-man.

It's fucking embarrassing.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    It isn't an either / or.

The secondary is well coached and struggled last year due to youth but got it turned mostly turned around by season's end.

The offense is struggling due to youth AND coaching. Problem is, I don't see Petersen firing JS during the season so unless JS suddenly morphs into a top-flight coordinator, the offense will only slowly improve the rest of the year with Browning back.

I don't see how pointing all of this out makes anyone a Doog...it is what it is.
    Houhusky said:

HFNY said:

• Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,589
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HFNY said:

It isn't an either / or.

The secondary is well coached and struggled last year due to youth but got it turned mostly turned around by season's end.

The offense is struggling due to youth AND coaching. Problem is, I don't see Petersen firing JS during the season so unless JS suddenly morphs into a top-flight coordinator, the offense will only slowly improve the rest of the year with Browning back.

I don't see how pointing all of this out makes anyone a Doog...it is what it is.

Houhusky said:

HFNY said:

This. Smith SUCKS, we are young, the defense is decent and Peterman may or may not be the guy. This isn't hard, we watch this shit every Saturday.
  • Options
    priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,036
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    The OL isn't playing as bad as I thought they would be, which is a small +, but every other position on the offense appears to be regressing. The WRs look like shit...worst group of hands since 2008. These POS O coaches need to get the QB-WR timing down and balls caught! How many 1-8 yard passes did Carta-Samuels underthrow?
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,576
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Smith should have been fired last year or never hired at all.

That's all on Pete dude.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,717
    HFNY said:

How does weather make things difficult for a running QB?

It will be a lot higher than 27-20.

Say, 35-34.
  • Options
    dongmandongman Member Posts: 2,384
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    On the line site I checked, they lister Cyler Miles as out.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Arizona as a team isn't good in bad weather. BJ Denker was a running QB and Arizona really struggled in 2013 in a rainy night game at Husky Stadium.

https://washington.rivals.com/boxscore.asp?Game=41209&Team=WASHINGTON

HFNY said:

Say, 35-34.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Tequilla said:

Houhusky said:

HFNY said:

It's one thing to point out that the offense will go through growing pains, it's quite another to predict the ridiculous performances against boise state, cal and oregon. No excuse for what we saw on the field in those games.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    I see what you're saying but it's also important to remember that our best QB on the roster is a true frosh and those were his first few starts against above average teams.

In those 3 games, Browning took 10 sacks, threw 3 INTs, and averaged about 5.5 yards per attempt. Even though we beat USC, he still only completed 50% of his passes for 4.3 ypa and 1 INT.

The only thing that gives me hope is that Browning had his best game of the year vs. Oregon and it sucks he didn't have a chance for that last drive. He went 19-30 with a 6.6 yards per attempt and 1 TD.

Despite a 90% chance of rain, Arizona's D sucks and Browning should see a lot of 1 deep safety looks which make for easier reads since they'll be geared towards stopping Gaskin. He's been a nice surprise this year and the OL run blocking is coming along well.

No reason why Browning should have more than 20-25 pass attempts on Saturday. Gaskin and Browning should have roughly the same amount of run / pass attempts.
    Passion said:

Tequilla said:

Houhusky said:

HFNY said:

It's one thing to point out that the offense will go through growing pains, it's quite another to predict the ridiculous performances against boise state, cal and oregon. No excuse for what we saw on the field in those games.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,717
    HFNY said:

Arizona as a team isn't good in bad weather. BJ Denker was a running QB and Arizona really struggled in 2013 in a rainy night game at Husky Stadium.

HFNY said:

Say, 35-34.
    So Arizona sucked two years ago in hurricane-force winds therefore a team with the same jerseys and approximately 3-5 of the same players will suck if its raining on Saturday?

Pretty weak hypothesis.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Fair point.

Kadeem Carey was also a huge stud while Nick Wilson is still banged up and their D sucks. Despite giving up 31 points to Stanford, I still think our D is one of the best in the Pac-12 and would have even better numbers if the offense could possess the ball longer.

HFNY said:

HFNY said:

Say, 35-34.
    So Arizona sucked two years ago in hurricane-force winds therefore a team with the same jerseys and approximately 3-5 of the same players will suck if its raining on Saturday?

Pretty weak hypothesis.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,475
    HFNY said:

Fair point.

Kadeem Carey was also a huge stud while Nick Wilson is still banged up and their D sucks. Despite giving up 31 points to Stanford, I still think our D is one of the best in the Pac-12 and would have even better numbers if the offense could possess the ball longer.

Despite?

You mean the same Stanford team that was averaging 49 points per game in Pac-12 play before our game?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Yeah, bad word choice.

Should read, "The D held Stanford to 18 points below their Pac-12 average and I firmly believe our D is one of the best in the Pac-12....they would have even better numbers if the offense could possess the ball longer."

I guess I could see Arizona scoring more than 20, maybe 24 tops. Preliminary O / U looks to be 57 or 58 which is still too high. I think UW wins by 4-7 points...maybe even 10 if Arizona starts to roll over towards the end of the 3rd quarter.

The only thing that could lead to UW not covering (or even winning) is yet another slow start by the offense. Petersen should script the first 10 plays with minimal JS' input.

HFNY said:

Fair point.

Despite?

You mean the same Stanford team that was averaging 49 points per game in Pac-12 play before our game?
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    HFNY said:

Yeah, bad word choice.

Should read, "The D held Stanford to 18 points below their Pac-12 average and I firmly believe our D is one of the best in the Pac-12....they would have even better numbers if the offense could possess the ball longer."

I guess I could see Arizona scoring more than 20, maybe 24 tops. Preliminary O / U looks to be 57 or 58 which is still too high. I think UW wins by 4-7 points...maybe even 10 if Arizona starts to roll over towards the end of the 3rd quarter.

The only thing that could lead to UW not covering (or even winning) is yet another slow start by the offense. Petersen should script the first 10 plays with minimal JS' input.

HFNY said:

Fair point.

Despite?

So just like every game this year?